how's ur blood pressure?

76Olym

Mar 29, 2004
I usually take regular BP readings and average them over a period of a month. I pretty much stay in the 115/70 zone (+/- 4)

How about you?

Originally posted by 76Olym
I usually take regular BP readings and average them over a period of a month. I pretty much stay in the 115/70 zone (+/- 4)

How about you?

I'm 20 year old 165 lbs. My resting HR is 58 and my blood pressure is 110/60. So I guess its about same as yours.

Good day! :D

Mine is 145/85. Resting pulse 42-48. I'm 24 5'8" and 155lbs. I take an asiprin before I go to bed but have yet to ask my doctor about this.

I'm a cat 2 road rider(dormant), triathleate and marathon runner so my fitness is not questionable. My vices include 2-3 cups of coffee and chewing tobacco. I know a doctor would tell me to stop them immediately.

Any suggestions/advice will be accepted. Medications that will not hamper training or race performances?

Yesterday it was 125/65 resting which is about usual,but I am 51 so I guess that is not too bad.I take an aspirin before I go to bed and usually a couple when I get up, just for the aches and pain you know, no caffeine,no tobacco and my mental health is always questionable.

Male 6 ft 3in 55 years
Lost 4 stone last year doing Atkin. Jjust under 15 stone now.
Blood Pressure Mar 04 147/94 . Jun 04 121/74 . Dec 04 119/72
Resting pulse about 56
Recently taken to cycling.

How did this post come back? It's several years old I think. Anyway, I am the original poster and I have since seen a doctor. He said there was no way it was that high at my age and weight. Told me to keep track of it several times a week and come back with the results. Results are the same. I do try to avoid needless salt more now but I never had a whole lot before. Ocassionally I see some improvement in it but not anything that would be considered normal. Anyone with higher blood pressure that might want to share what might be giving me problems or if it is even a problem?
Labarum said:
Male 6 ft 3in 55 years
Lost 4 stone last year doing Atkin. Jjust under 15 stone now.
Blood Pressure Mar 04 147/94 . Jun 04 121/74 . Dec 04 119/72
Resting pulse about 56
Recently taken to cycling.

76Olym said:

How about you?

Just had mine the other day (my wife is a nurse :D ). BP is the same as yours, 115/70 resting HR is 48 and am already 36 yrs. old at 180 lbs.

Ok now, i had to go on med at 38 yrs of age. turns out i have a chemical my liver gives off to much of that elevates blood pressure. Benicar is the med with no side affects, my bp is now 120-65. was 140 90.

Hammy211 said:
Mine is 145/85. Resting pulse 42-48. I'm 24 5'8" and 155lbs. I take an asiprin before I go to bed but have yet to ask my doctor about this.

I'm a cat 2 road rider(dormant), triathleate and marathon runner so my fitness is not questionable. My vices include 2-3 cups of coffee and chewing tobacco. I know a doctor would tell me to stop them immediately.

Any suggestions/advice will be accepted. Medications that will not hamper training or race performances?
That's high for BP. I would check with your doc and a nutritionist to see what you can do about lowering it. Especially at your age, you shouldn't have a BP that high. Nutrition plays a large role. You're obviously physically active and in good shape, but the link between high BP and chronic diseases is very well established, and while you may not see any effects at 24 years of age, you're at a higher risk later in life with a BP above 120/80 now. Also, if you're telling yourself that your doc would tell you to stop them (at least the tobacco) immediately, that's reason enough for you to quit. :)

Thanks for the feedback. I am working on the tobacco. I chew much less than I used to(20 cans since Dec. 14th) and it has made some difference in my BP. About 10 points total is all though, so it is still a bit high. I don't know if you saw my second post but I have not yet returned to the doctor. The first time I was in he really acted as if it was no big deal and that I was just nervous when he checked me. Hopefully he will react differently this time but as the whole point of my last checkup was my BP I don't know that he will do anything this time either.

Took it yesterday morning 115/62 - heart rate 62.
Took it again yesterday evening 121/72 - heart rate 71.
My weight is 201lbs, my height is 6'1".

I take it every day, twice per day.

A little over a month ago I had to go to the doctor to have a road rash injury treated and a hematoma on my hip drained on 3 occasions. Each visit my blood pressure tested at 140/94. I knew I was having some problems and I was not progressing on the bike like I should.

High blood pressure runs in my family. My grandmother and mother have been on medication for many years and my mother had a minor stroke a number of years ago. I knew I was having some problems, but there are two things that have kept me from addressing my problem. Denial and not wanting to be on medication the rest of my life.

While it is still too early my new experiment with herbs and supplements have shown some promise. I took a friend's advice and tried a combination that did impact my blood pressure. My last visit to the doctor was the first day I tried the supplements and was tested at 114/84. Still not good, but a good drop compared to first tests. I may still end up on meds, but I would rather try the supplement route first and see if there is a sustained positive result from the combination of potassium, hawthorne, magnesium, CoQ10 & garlic.

I have been using this combination for a couple of weeks now and yesterday I had my best ride ever. I was able to keep sustained speeds between 21 & 24 on a flat path for a good part of a 40 mile ride and I have never been able to do that before. I was extremely happy about the ride and I could feel a big difference in how I felt during the ride.

Felt_Rider said:
A little over a month ago I had to go to the doctor to have a road rash injury treated and a hematoma on my hip drained on 3 occasions. Each visit my blood pressure tested at 140/94. I knew I was having some problems and I was not progressing on the bike like I should.

High blood pressure runs in my family. My grandmother and mother have been on medication for many years and my mother had a minor stroke a number of years ago. I knew I was having some problems, but there are two things that have kept me from addressing my problem. Denial and not wanting to be on medication the rest of my life.

While it is still too early my new experiment with herbs and supplements have shown some promise. I took a friend's advice and tried a combination that did impact my blood pressure. My last visit to the doctor was the first day I tried the supplements and was tested at 114/84. Still not good, but a good drop compared to first tests. I may still end up on meds, but I would rather try the supplement route first and see if there is a sustained positive result from the combination of potassium, hawthorne, magnesium, CoQ10 & garlic.

I have been using this combination for a couple of weeks now and yesterday I had my best ride ever. I was able to keep sustained speeds between 21 & 24 on a flat path for a good part of a 40 mile ride and I have never been able to do that before. I was extremely happy about the ride and I could feel a big difference in how I felt during the ride.
Hi, could you tell me what is the combination of supplement you use for your blood pressure?
i wonder, since the post above, what is your blood pressure now, has it improved?

Thank's, you can Email me at [email protected]

stefs said:
Hi, could you tell me what is the combination of supplement you use for your blood pressure?
i wonder, since the post above, what is your blood pressure now, has it improved?

I sent you an email. If for some reason you did not receive it please let me know.

stefs said:

Here is some great information on the herbs and ohter nutrients that Felt_Rider (great bikes by the way) is talking about. Hawthorne is very helpful and has been used in UK for HBP for decades.

http://www.herbs2000.com/disorders/high_blood.htm

Greetings, my name's Carpenter and I'm 20 years of age. I've been reading these forums for some time but I might as well start posting.

6 4 186 and my current resting heart rate is 43, and my blood pressure sits at 95/57 as of today. I lift weights for 30 minutes each night followed by 50 minutes of running and then 30 minutes of cycling, quite the workout routine but I feel euphoric..

76Olym said:

How about you?

A few days ago I saw a 95/55, not sure what that was about, normally pretty consistant, see my signature below. Resting pulse last week 39. Not to shabby for a 41 year old.