HPVelotechnik seat size advice

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Mads Hilberg, May 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mads Hilberg

Mads Hilberg Guest

I am 1m94 tall. What size seat should I get from HPVelotechnik? Large or XLarge?

I can't get to try before I buy as I'm having it shipped to me (suboptimal I know) and the times
    I've tried Street Machines I've always forgotten to check what size seat was on them (doh!). I'm
    sure that a Medium seat is too small though (kept sliding off it).

The HPVelo site sets the split point between L and XL at 1m93. Very close. My trouser leg length is
    36 inches if it helps.

Does anyone have measurements for the HPVelo seats? I could then compare it with my Bjaellby's
    euroseat which fits me just fine.

Mads

Tags:

2. "Mads Hilberg" skrev...
    > I am 1m94 tall. What size seat should I get from HPVelotechnik? Large or XLarge?

I have a HP Velo seat on the Velokraft. Only problem is I don't remember if it was the large or xl.
    If you get to Devils Island you're welcome to testsit. I will try to ask Kamil.

M.

3. Mads Hilberg wrote:
    > I am 1m94 tall. What size seat should I get from HPVelotechnik? Large or XLarge?

I'm 1.90 and have a Large.

> I'm sure that a Medium seat is too small though (kept sliding off it).

Medium will almost certainly be too small, though having said that the combo seat/tailbox I used to
    use on the Speedmachine was sized similarly to the normal medium seat, and that felt fine.

> Does anyone have measurements for the HPVelo seats?

No, but if it's just the length you want, I can pop out and measure mine at lunchtime...

Dave Larrington - http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk/
    ===========================================================
    Editor - British Human Power Club Newsletter
    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/
    ===========================================================

4. Mine is 90 cm long measured with my finely calibrated belt that follows the seatcurves. I ignored
    the spinedepression.

M.

5. Mads Hilberg

Mads Hilberg Guest

> Mine is 90 cm long measured with my finely calibrated belt that follows the seatcurves. I ignored
    > the spinedepression.

Thanks Mikael. I've measure my Bjaellby's seat to be 87cm following the curves, so a large seat it
    is (assuming yours is indeed size Large).

Mads

6. I've mailed Kamil asking for a price for 5 seats shipped to DK, I'm waiting for the answer. Do you
    want to join in on the order (where in the world are you)? I guess it's HPVelotechnik seats he make
    (Mikael, correct me if I'm wrong).

Torben

7. "Torben Scheel" skrev...
    > I've mailed Kamil asking for a price for 5 seats shipped to DK, I'm waiting for the answer. Do you
    > want to join in on the order (where in the world are you)? I guess it's HPVelotechnik seats he
    > make (Mikael, correct me if I'm wrong).

Maciek makes them actually. Optima and HP models. I think it depends on what he has in stock.
    (Maciek that is.)

Please note that Novosport is the authorized dealer in most of the world. As far as I heard on my
    last visit to Maciek not Denmark tho.

M.

8. Mads Hilberg

Mads Hilberg Guest

> I've mailed Kamil asking for a price for 5 seats shipped to DK, I'm
    waiting
    > for the answer. Do you want to join in on the order (where in the world
    are
    > you)? I guess it's HPVelotechnik seats he make (Mikael, correct me if I'm wrong).

Thanks for the offer, but one is included with the bike! :)

I'm in Thy btw.

Mads

9. "Mads Hilberg" skrev

> Thanks for the offer, but one is included with the bike! :)

Wow. Thats smart thinking from the company. ;o) Looked on the HP site.

Sizes are (for seatcovers)

S: 80 cm
    T: 86 cm
    U: 90 cm
    V: 94 cm

I suspect they match the seats. So I do have the Large. I'm 190.5 cm. Hows Thy? Windy? Is it one-way
    biking or do you manage the headwind?

Mikael

10. Mads Hilberg

Mads Hilberg Guest

> Looked on the HP site.
    >
    > Sizes are (for seatcovers)
    >
    > S: 80 cm
    > M: 86 cm
    > L: 90 cm
    > XL: 94 cm

Well spotted. I will indeed go for a Large seat.

> Hows Thy? Windy? Is it one-way biking or do you manage the headwind?

Very quiet and yes, windy. A typical ride up here is 30-35km/h in one direction and about 14-18km/h
    in the other. It might be a little better with the fairing you sold me, but I let someone borrow
    that for a while.

Mads

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.