HPVelotechnik seat size advice

Mads Hilberg

Guest
I am 1m94 tall. What size seat should I get from HPVelotechnik? Large or XLarge?

I can't get to try before I buy as I'm having it shipped to me (suboptimal I know) and the times
I've tried Street Machines I've always forgotten to check what size seat was on them (doh!). I'm
sure that a Medium seat is too small though (kept sliding off it).

The HPVelo site sets the split point between L and XL at 1m93. Very close. My trouser leg length is
36 inches if it helps.

Does anyone have measurements for the HPVelo seats? I could then compare it with my Bjaellby's
euroseat which fits me just fine.

Mads

"Mads Hilberg" skrev...
> I am 1m94 tall. What size seat should I get from HPVelotechnik? Large or XLarge?

I have a HP Velo seat on the Velokraft. Only problem is I don't remember if it was the large or xl.
If you get to Devils Island you're welcome to testsit. I will try to ask Kamil.

M.

Mads Hilberg wrote:
> I am 1m94 tall. What size seat should I get from HPVelotechnik? Large or XLarge?

I'm 1.90 and have a Large.

> I'm sure that a Medium seat is too small though (kept sliding off it).

Medium will almost certainly be too small, though having said that the combo seat/tailbox I used to
use on the Speedmachine was sized similarly to the normal medium seat, and that felt fine.

> Does anyone have measurements for the HPVelo seats?

No, but if it's just the length you want, I can pop out and measure mine at lunchtime...

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

Mine is 90 cm long measured with my finely calibrated belt that follows the seatcurves. I ignored
the spinedepression.

M.

> Mine is 90 cm long measured with my finely calibrated belt that follows the seatcurves. I ignored
> the spinedepression.

Thanks Mikael. I've measure my Bjaellby's seat to be 87cm following the curves, so a large seat it
is (assuming yours is indeed size Large).

Mads

I've mailed Kamil asking for a price for 5 seats shipped to DK, I'm waiting for the answer. Do you
want to join in on the order (where in the world are you)? I guess it's HPVelotechnik seats he make
(Mikael, correct me if I'm wrong).

Torben

"Torben Scheel" skrev...
> I've mailed Kamil asking for a price for 5 seats shipped to DK, I'm waiting for the answer. Do you
> want to join in on the order (where in the world are you)? I guess it's HPVelotechnik seats he
> make (Mikael, correct me if I'm wrong).

Maciek makes them actually. Optima and HP models. I think it depends on what he has in stock.
(Maciek that is.)

Please note that Novosport is the authorized dealer in most of the world. As far as I heard on my
last visit to Maciek not Denmark tho.

M.

> I've mailed Kamil asking for a price for 5 seats shipped to DK, I'm
waiting
> for the answer. Do you want to join in on the order (where in the world
are
> you)? I guess it's HPVelotechnik seats he make (Mikael, correct me if I'm wrong).

Thanks for the offer, but one is included with the bike! :)

I'm in Thy btw.

Mads

"Mads Hilberg" skrev

> Thanks for the offer, but one is included with the bike! :)

Wow. Thats smart thinking from the company. ;o) Looked on the HP site.

Sizes are (for seatcovers)

S: 80 cm
T: 86 cm
U: 90 cm
V: 94 cm

I suspect they match the seats. So I do have the Large. I'm 190.5 cm. Hows Thy? Windy? Is it one-way
biking or do you manage the headwind?

Mikael

> Looked on the HP site.
>
> Sizes are (for seatcovers)
>
> S: 80 cm
> M: 86 cm
> L: 90 cm
> XL: 94 cm

Well spotted. I will indeed go for a Large seat.

> Hows Thy? Windy? Is it one-way biking or do you manage the headwind?

Very quiet and yes, windy. A typical ride up here is 30-35km/h in one direction and about 14-18km/h
in the other. It might be a little better with the fairing you sold me, but I let someone borrow
that for a while.

Mads