HPVelotechnik seat size advice

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Mads Hilberg, May 20, 2003.

  1. Mads Hilberg

    Mads Hilberg Guest

    I am 1m94 tall. What size seat should I get from HPVelotechnik? Large or XLarge?

    I can't get to try before I buy as I'm having it shipped to me (suboptimal I know) and the times
    I've tried Street Machines I've always forgotten to check what size seat was on them (doh!). I'm
    sure that a Medium seat is too small though (kept sliding off it).

    The HPVelo site sets the split point between L and XL at 1m93. Very close. My trouser leg length is
    36 inches if it helps.

    Does anyone have measurements for the HPVelo seats? I could then compare it with my Bjaellby's
    euroseat which fits me just fine.

    Mads

    Tags:

  2. "Mads Hilberg" skrev...
    > I am 1m94 tall. What size seat should I get from HPVelotechnik? Large or XLarge?

    I have a HP Velo seat on the Velokraft. Only problem is I don't remember if it was the large or xl.
    If you get to Devils Island you're welcome to testsit. I will try to ask Kamil.

    M.

  3. Mads Hilberg wrote:
    > I am 1m94 tall. What size seat should I get from HPVelotechnik? Large or XLarge?

    I'm 1.90 and have a Large.

    > I'm sure that a Medium seat is too small though (kept sliding off it).

    Medium will almost certainly be too small, though having said that the combo seat/tailbox I used to
    use on the Speedmachine was sized similarly to the normal medium seat, and that felt fine.

    > Does anyone have measurements for the HPVelo seats?

    No, but if it's just the length you want, I can pop out and measure mine at lunchtime...

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

  4. Mine is 90 cm long measured with my finely calibrated belt that follows the seatcurves. I ignored
    the spinedepression.

    M.

  5. Mads Hilberg

    Mads Hilberg Guest

    > Mine is 90 cm long measured with my finely calibrated belt that follows the seatcurves. I ignored
    > the spinedepression.

    Thanks Mikael. I've measure my Bjaellby's seat to be 87cm following the curves, so a large seat it
    is (assuming yours is indeed size Large).

    Mads

  6. I've mailed Kamil asking for a price for 5 seats shipped to DK, I'm waiting for the answer. Do you
    want to join in on the order (where in the world are you)? I guess it's HPVelotechnik seats he make
    (Mikael, correct me if I'm wrong).

    Torben

  7. "Torben Scheel" skrev...
    > I've mailed Kamil asking for a price for 5 seats shipped to DK, I'm waiting for the answer. Do you
    > want to join in on the order (where in the world are you)? I guess it's HPVelotechnik seats he
    > make (Mikael, correct me if I'm wrong).

    Maciek makes them actually. Optima and HP models. I think it depends on what he has in stock.
    (Maciek that is.)

    Please note that Novosport is the authorized dealer in most of the world. As far as I heard on my
    last visit to Maciek not Denmark tho.

    M.

  8. Mads Hilberg

    Mads Hilberg Guest

    > I've mailed Kamil asking for a price for 5 seats shipped to DK, I'm
    waiting
    > for the answer. Do you want to join in on the order (where in the world
    are
    > you)? I guess it's HPVelotechnik seats he make (Mikael, correct me if I'm wrong).

    Thanks for the offer, but one is included with the bike! :)

    I'm in Thy btw.

    Mads

  9. "Mads Hilberg" skrev

    > Thanks for the offer, but one is included with the bike! :)

    Wow. Thats smart thinking from the company. ;o) Looked on the HP site.

    Sizes are (for seatcovers)

    S: 80 cm
    T: 86 cm
    U: 90 cm
    V: 94 cm

    I suspect they match the seats. So I do have the Large. I'm 190.5 cm. Hows Thy? Windy? Is it one-way
    biking or do you manage the headwind?

    Mikael

  10. Mads Hilberg

    Mads Hilberg Guest

    > Looked on the HP site.
    >
    > Sizes are (for seatcovers)
    >
    > S: 80 cm
    > M: 86 cm
    > L: 90 cm
    > XL: 94 cm

    Well spotted. I will indeed go for a Large seat.

    > Hows Thy? Windy? Is it one-way biking or do you manage the headwind?

    Very quiet and yes, windy. A typical ride up here is 30-35km/h in one direction and about 14-18km/h
    in the other. It might be a little better with the fairing you sold me, but I let someone borrow
    that for a while.

    Mads