HR monitor watches which reads pulse using the wristband?

puma

Jul 23, 2003
I'm just wondering why there aren't (if there are let me know, I haven't even heard of such things) heart rate monitor watches that can read heart rates from the wrist by employing some sort of sensors in the wristband of the watch. Would it just be impossible to get an accurate reading?

Originally posted by puma
I'm just wondering why there aren't (if there are let me know, I haven't even heard of such things) heart rate monitor watches that can read heart rates from the wrist by employing some sort of sensors in the wristband of the watch. Would it just be impossible to get an accurate reading?

I have a watch from "Oregon Scientific" that reads your pulse when you put a finger on it's sensor. I think it's accurate but too cumbersome to use while riding.

Tim

Yeah, I know about those, that's why it seems odd that if pulse readings could be made from findertips, pulse readings could be made from the wrist. It would also allow realtime/continuous readings, unlike the fingertip watches.

I looked all over a while back and couldn't find any, let us know if you run into one.

But the chest strap is not that bad, one gets used to it pretty quick.