HRM Advice Please

Saint

Guest
I need to buy an HRM for use both on my bike and at the gym in the future. Not inteested in looking
at stuff such as cadence but rather to help me lose weight and gain fitness. One which shows
calories, time on zones etc.

I have looked at the specs and seen a few which do so but would like some tips from peple who
actually use them. Not bothered whether its a Polar or Cardiosport etc.

All help appreciated.

"Saint" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I need to buy an HRM for use both on my bike and at the gym in the future. Not inteested in
> looking at stuff such as cadence but rather to help me
lose
> weight and gain fitness. One which shows calories, time on zones etc.
>
> I have looked at the specs and seen a few which do so but would like some tips from peple who
> actually use them. Not bothered whether its a Polar or Cardiosport etc.
>
> All help appreciated.

PS: The Cardiosport Profile looks like a good bet - any comments?

"Saint" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Saint" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > I need to buy an HRM for use both on my bike and at the gym in the
future.
> > Not inteested in looking at stuff such as cadence but rather to help me
> lose
> > weight and gain fitness. One which shows calories, time on zones etc.
> >
> > I have looked at the specs and seen a few which do so but would like
some
> > tips from peple who actually use them. Not bothered whether its a Polar
or
> > Cardiosport etc.
> >
> > All help appreciated.

> PS: The Cardiosport Profile looks like a good bet - any comments?
>
> Try the Polar S210 not that sophisticated, but good enough. It does not do
the bike functions but I have a computer to do that. It does calories and zones and recovery, all
the main things.

Graham

"Graham" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Saint" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Saint" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > > I need to buy an HRM for use both on my bike and at the gym in the
> future.
> > > Not inteested in looking at stuff such as cadence but rather to help
me
> > lose
> > > weight and gain fitness. One which shows calories, time on zones etc.
> > >
> > > I have looked at the specs and seen a few which do so but would like
> some
> > > tips from peple who actually use them. Not bothered whether its a
Polar
> or
> > > Cardiosport etc.
> > >
> > > All help appreciated.

> > PS: The Cardiosport Profile looks like a good bet - any comments?
> >
> > Try the Polar S210 not that sophisticated, but good enough. It does not
do
> the bike functions but I have a computer to do that. It does calories and zones and recovery, all
> the main things.
>
> Graham

Polar does it for me too (S710). Just choose the one that has the functions you need, including
downloading data to your PC if that's what rocks ya boat. It rocks mine :)

--
Mark

"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak"