HRM Advice Please

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Saint, Aug 3, 2003.

  1. Saint

    Saint Guest

    I need to buy an HRM for use both on my bike and at the gym in the future. Not inteested in looking
    at stuff such as cadence but rather to help me lose weight and gain fitness. One which shows
    calories, time on zones etc.

    I have looked at the specs and seen a few which do so but would like some tips from peple who
    actually use them. Not bothered whether its a Polar or Cardiosport etc.

    All help appreciated.

  2. Saint

    Saint Guest

    "Saint" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I need to buy an HRM for use both on my bike and at the gym in the future. Not inteested in
    > looking at stuff such as cadence but rather to help me
    lose
    > weight and gain fitness. One which shows calories, time on zones etc.
    >
    > I have looked at the specs and seen a few which do so but would like some tips from peple who
    > actually use them. Not bothered whether its a Polar or Cardiosport etc.
    >
    > All help appreciated.

    PS: The Cardiosport Profile looks like a good bet - any comments?

  3. Graham

    Graham Guest

    "Saint" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Saint" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > I need to buy an HRM for use both on my bike and at the gym in the
    future.
    > > Not inteested in looking at stuff such as cadence but rather to help me
    > lose
    > > weight and gain fitness. One which shows calories, time on zones etc.
    > >
    > > I have looked at the specs and seen a few which do so but would like
    some
    > > tips from peple who actually use them. Not bothered whether its a Polar
    or
    > > Cardiosport etc.
    > >
    > > All help appreciated.

    > PS: The Cardiosport Profile looks like a good bet - any comments?
    >
    > Try the Polar S210 not that sophisticated, but good enough. It does not do
    the bike functions but I have a computer to do that. It does calories and zones and recovery, all
    the main things.

    Graham

  4. Msa

    Msa Guest

    "Graham" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Saint" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Saint" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > > I need to buy an HRM for use both on my bike and at the gym in the
    > future.
    > > > Not inteested in looking at stuff such as cadence but rather to help
    me
    > > lose
    > > > weight and gain fitness. One which shows calories, time on zones etc.
    > > >
    > > > I have looked at the specs and seen a few which do so but would like
    > some
    > > > tips from peple who actually use them. Not bothered whether its a
    Polar
    > or
    > > > Cardiosport etc.
    > > >
    > > > All help appreciated.

    > > PS: The Cardiosport Profile looks like a good bet - any comments?
    > >
    > > Try the Polar S210 not that sophisticated, but good enough. It does not
    do
    > the bike functions but I have a computer to do that. It does calories and zones and recovery, all
    > the main things.
    >
    > Graham

    Polar does it for me too (S710). Just choose the one that has the functions you need, including
    downloading data to your PC if that's what rocks ya boat. It rocks mine :)

    --
    Mark

    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak"