HRM Software

Rob Campbell

Guest
Hi,

Despite Polar's small updates in v4 of Polar Precision Performance I still find this piece of
software is lacking in all sorts of ways (as anyone who's used it would know). The S710 is such a
great HRM but it's let down by the software. I was wondering if there are any programs which will do
a better job? I looked at Ciclosport's offering but it has fewer features than Polar's. I'd happily
spend time writing code to convert .HRM to another format if it had advantages.

Rob

That's funny, I just wrote code to convert Powertap files so you can use them with the
Polar software.

I like the Polar software, but think the monitor is lame, with its clunky profile and +/- 10% (if
you're lucky) power measurement.

-j

"Rob Campbell" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hi,
>
> Despite Polar's small updates in v4 of Polar Precision Performance I still find this piece of
> software is lacking in all sorts of ways (as anyone
who's
> used it would know). The S710 is such a great HRM but it's let down by the software. I was
> wondering if there are any programs which will do a better job? I looked at Ciclosport's offering
> but it has fewer features than Polar's. I'd happily spend time writing code to convert .HRM to
> another format if it had advantages.
>
> Rob

Since you sound like you have a clue. Here's a couple of software packages that will give you the
insight to make this stuff work. Although they are linux specific sites, (doesn't everyone run
linux?) you may find a wealth of information to code something to your liking. Better yet, it could
give you a reason to try some good software. :)

http://hac4linux.sourceforge.net/index.php

http://daveb.net/s710/

--
Mark Wolfe http://www.wolfenet.org gpg fingerprint = 42B6 EFEB 5414 AA18 01B7 64AC EF46 F7E6 82F6
8C71 "The C Programming Language -- A language which combines the power of assembly language with

"Rob Campbell" <[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse
news:[email protected]...
> Hi,
>
> Despite Polar's small updates in v4 of Polar Precision Performance I still find this piece of
> software is lacking in all sorts of ways (as anyone
who's
> used it would know). The S710 is such a great HRM but it's let down by the software. I was
> wondering if there are any programs which will do a better job? I looked at Ciclosport's offering
> but it has fewer features than Polar's. I'd happily spend time writing code to convert .HRM to
> another format if it had advantages.
>
> Rob

Check out:

www.science-sportsware.dk

A great training diary, with import of Polar .hrm files

HB

You shoukd take a look at http://www.crosstrak.com/ It some some really nice features.

In article <[email protected]>, "HB" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Rob Campbell" <[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse
>news:[email protected]...
>> Hi,
>>
>> Despite Polar's small updates in v4 of Polar Precision Performance I still find this piece of
>> software is lacking in all sorts of ways (as anyone
>who's
>> used it would know). The S710 is such a great HRM but it's let down by the software. I was
>> wondering if there are any programs which will do a better job? I looked at Ciclosport's offering
>> but it has fewer features than Polar's. I'd happily spend time writing code to convert .HRM to
>> another format if it had advantages.
>>
>> Rob
>>

>Check out:
>
>www.science-sportsware.dk
>
>A great training diary, with import of Polar .hrm files

Velocipede 4.5.0 can also import data from the S-170. Other monitors will be supported in the
future. http://spiderman.novit.no/dahls/Velo/

Jørn Dahl-Stamnes, EDB Teamco AS e-mail: [email protected] (remove nospam first)
web: http://spiderman.novit.no/dahls/

I'm in the process of writing some software to display the ride data collected from the Cateye
MSC3DX computer. This will be extended to other computers if I can get hold of their download files.

I'm writing this primarily to overcome a limition of the Cateye software that does not allow various
rides to be superimposed over each other. In my view, this provides a very simple way of comparing
rides at-a-glance. You can visually see where you where better.

Long term, it should be possible to show various virtual rides such as the best possible ride based
upon fastest split times (point A to B).

The software is still in development, but is in a 'useable' state. I'm happy to provide further
details and a screen shot can be see here http://homepage.ntlworld.com/karl.wyer/HRM-Software.png
This shows two rides superimposed over each other with HR, Velocity and Cadence graphs.