HRM Transmitter slipping

JayWoo

New Member
Nov 8, 2004
I ditched using my HRM a couple of years ago because of this, but I want to start using it again. Does this happen to anyone else? Yes, it's tight. I've even tried making it stupid tight just to see what happens, it still slips. Is it a sign that I have to finally upgrade my cheapish Freestyle ECG4? Do Polar users suffer the same problem? It could also just be my body shape. I do a lot of rock climbing too, so my lats aren't what you would find on a cyclist. Though you would think 3sporters may have a similar thing going on with all the swimming they do.
The only solution I've thought of is making some shoulder straps for it and turning it into a bra:confused: I know I've got a bit of a bike fetish, but this would be gettin' kinda weird:p
I could superglue velcro dots to my chest... any suggestions good or stupid?:D

"JayWoo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> I ditched using my HRM a couple of years ago because of this, but I want
> to start using it again. Does this happen to anyone else? Yes, it's
> tight. I've even tried making it stupid tight just to see what happens,
> it still slips. Is it a sign that I have to finally upgrade my cheapish
> Freestyle ECG4? Do Polar users suffer the same problem? It could also
> just be my body shape. I do a lot of rock climbing too, so my lats
> aren't what you would find on a cyclist. Though you would think
> 3sporters may have a similar thing going on with all the swimming they
> do.
> The only solution I've thought of is making some shoulder straps for it
> and turning it into a bra:confused: I know I've got a bit of a bike
> fetish, but this would be gettin' kinda weird:p
> I could superglue velcro dots to my chest... any suggestions good or
> stupid?:D
>

> --
> JayWoo

get the nipples pierced and fashion up a set of clips to hold it up?
*you did ask for stupid suggestions:)

dej said:
"JayWoo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> I ditched using my HRM a couple of years ago because of this, but I want
> to start using it again. Does this happen to anyone else? Yes, it's
> tight. I've even tried making it stupid tight just to see what happens,
> it still slips. Is it a sign that I have to finally upgrade my cheapish
> Freestyle ECG4? Do Polar users suffer the same problem? It could also
> just be my body shape. I do a lot of rock climbing too, so my lats
> aren't what you would find on a cyclist. Though you would think
> 3sporters may have a similar thing going on with all the swimming they
> do.
> The only solution I've thought of is making some shoulder straps for it
> and turning it into a bra:confused: I know I've got a bit of a bike
> fetish, but this would be gettin' kinda weird:p
> I could superglue velcro dots to my chest... any suggestions good or
> stupid?:D
>

> --
> JayWoo

get the nipples pierced and fashion up a set of clips to hold it up?
*you did ask for stupid suggestions:)
never had this issue at all with the Polar heart rate strap, however, when I started using it, because of the amount of weight I lost, I could not get the strap to tigthen properly anymore, when I sent my monitor to get the battery replaced, I sent the strap as well, came back, with new battery, they fixed a dodgy button and a brand new strap, I will never buy anything but a Polar when upgrading, in part purely because of how good, Pursuit Performance are at customer service.

JayWoo wrote:
> I ditched using my HRM a couple of years ago because of this, but I want
> to start using it again. Does this happen to anyone else? Yes, it's
> tight. I've even tried making it stupid tight just to see what happens,
> it still slips. Is it a sign that I have to finally upgrade my cheapish
> Freestyle ECG4? Do Polar users suffer the same problem? It could also
> just be my body shape. I do a lot of rock climbing too, so my lats
> aren't what you would find on a cyclist. Though you would think
> 3sporters may have a similar thing going on with all the swimming they
> do.
> The only solution I've thought of is making some shoulder straps for it
> and turning it into a bra:confused: I know I've got a bit of a bike
> fetish, but this would be gettin' kinda weird:p
> I could superglue velcro dots to my chest... any suggestions good or
> stupid?:D

I have the perfect solution, it's called a belly. I'd give you mine but
it seems to be permanently attached.

DaveB

In article <[email protected]>,
JayWoo <[email protected]> wrote:

>The only solution I've thought of is making some shoulder straps for it
> and turning it into a bra:confused: I know I've got a bit of a bike
> fetish, but this would be gettin' kinda weird:p
> I could superglue velcro dots to my chest... any suggestions good or
> stupid?:D

I have had the same problem. I ditched the original Polar strap when it
started to lose its elasticity and made a new one using the best quality
white elastic strap/tape that I could find at a haberdashery. It seems
to be much better but I still do not like wearing it tight so it is a
fine line between slip and no slip.
One strategy I tried for running (and it works fairly well) is to have
the strap outside the singlet across my back and feed it in across my
chest through the arm-holes. The arm-holes stop it slipping any lower.
This solution does not suit a situation where you are changing tops but
is OK for running.
regards,
Darryl

DaveB said:
I have the perfect solution, it's called a belly. I'd give you mine but
it seems to be permanently attached.

DaveB

bahahahah

I too have developed this upgrade over the last 5+ years :rolleyes:
Altho I'm finding I need to pull my strap UP othrwise it get's way-tight over cough - lower diaphram - cough area

flyingdutch wrote:

> DaveB Wrote:
> >
> > I have the perfect solution, it's called a belly. I'd give you mine
> > but
> > it seems to be permanently attached.
> >
> > DaveB

> bahahahah
>
> I too have developed this upgrade over the last 5+ years :rolleyes:
> Altho I'm finding I need to pull my strap UP othrwise it get's
> way-tight over cough - lower diaphram - cough area
>
> --
> flyingdutch

I just tuck mine into the bottom of my bra/crop top. You could try that.
But not with my bra, that wouldn't help you.

Tam

flyingdutch said:
bahahahah

I too have developed this upgrade over the last 5+ years :rolleyes:
Altho I'm finding I need to pull my strap UP othrwise it get's way-tight over cough - lower diaphram - cough area

Two suggestions:

Get one of the new T-shirts that the HRM attatches to the front of.
Spray on contact adhesive.

I r*n with a gut whose chest is too thin, he has modified the hrm strap with pieces of sponge under the contacts, but that's just to get the hrm to recognise that he is alive..

JayWoo said:
I ditched using my HRM a couple of years ago because of this, but I want to start using it again. Does this happen to anyone else? Yes, it's tight. I've even tried making it stupid tight just to see what happens, it still slips. Is it a sign that I have to finally upgrade my cheapish Freestyle ECG4? Do Polar users suffer the same problem? It could also just be my body shape. I do a lot of rock climbing too, so my lats aren't what you would find on a cyclist. Though you would think 3sporters may have a similar thing going on with all the swimming they do.
The only solution I've thought of is making some shoulder straps for it and turning it into a bra:confused: I know I've got a bit of a bike fetish, but this would be gettin' kinda weird:p
I could superglue velcro dots to my chest... any suggestions good or stupid?:D
Do you know any good cardio thoracic surgeons? Make sure they are not due to retire in the next 10 to 15 years as they will need to get the transmitter out again to replace it when it runs out of batteries. :D :D :D :D

(When they do heart bypass ops, they put wires into the heart that terminate on the outside of the body before closing the patient so that if needed in the critical period after the op, they can jump start the patient. They just pull them out when they are no longer needed :eek: )

SteveA

Tamyka Bell said:
I just tuck mine into the bottom of my bra/crop top. You could try that.
But not with my bra, that wouldn't help you.

Tam

mail it down an I'll give it a whirl :D

(photos to follow...)

if it doesnt work I'll pass it on to coowoowoo to hold down her ol' knicks now adorning her head :D

JayWoo wrote:
> I ditched using my HRM a couple of years ago because of this, but I want
> to start using it again. Does this happen to anyone else? Yes, it's
> tight. I've even tried making it stupid tight just to see what happens,
> it still slips. Is it a sign that I have to finally upgrade my cheapish
> Freestyle ECG4? Do Polar users suffer the same problem? It could also
> just be my body shape. I do a lot of rock climbing too, so my lats
> aren't what you would find on a cyclist. Though you would think
> 3sporters may have a similar thing going on with all the swimming they
> do.
> The only solution I've thought of is making some shoulder straps for it
> and turning it into a bra:confused: I know I've got a bit of a bike
> fetish, but this would be gettin' kinda weird:p
> I could superglue velcro dots to my chest... any suggestions good or
> stupid?:D

Never had a problem with my polar ones, except when swimming with it
on.

dej said:
get the nipples pierced and fashion up a set of clips to hold it up?

I never had a problem with the transmitter slipping but got the nipple piercing done anyway..

You are too skinny. Eat more. Join us..

"holy" hippy