HRMs other than polar

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by John, Jun 1, 2003.

  1. John

    John Guest

    Some time ago there was some discussion here about heart rate monitors other than polar. I'm
    shopping for one and would like to get some opinions. Should I go with polar or another? I'm
    training for my first Tri.

    Tags:

  2. Teslar

    Teslar Guest

    Personally I use a Timex Ironman one and find it very good, easy to set up and simple to operate.
    never suffers from cross talk or interference and long battery life.

    Tom

    "John" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:JcnCa.18306[email protected]...
    > Some time ago there was some discussion here about heart rate monitors
    other
    > than polar. I'm shopping for one and would like to get some opinions. Should I go with polar or
    > another? I'm training for my first Tri.

  3. I think Polars are best. The Timex units have some quality issues. Get the S710. It's the bests.

    Steve

    On Sun, 01 Jun 2003 13:29:13 GMT, "John" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Some time ago there was some discussion here about heart rate monitors other than polar. I'm
    >shopping for one and would like to get some opinions. Should I go with polar or another? I'm
    >training for my first Tri.

  4. Paul Allen

    Paul Allen Guest

    On Tue, 03 Jun 2003 16:46:17 -0400, Dr. Steven Walker <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I think Polars are best. The Timex units have some quality issues. Get the S710. It's the bests.

    I've had three polars over the years and they're great. Haven't heard about quality issues with the
    timex mind.

    I'm currently selling my 610i on ebay for a 710i.
    --
    ------- o ----- <#\, --- ()/() Belfast Biker Specialized Sirrus + Gilera Runner! N54 33' W05 58'

  5. Paul Allen

    Paul Allen Guest

    On Mon, 2 Jun 2003 13:17:24 +0100, "Teslar" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Personally I use a Timex Ironman one and find it very good, easy to set up and simple to operate.
    >never suffers from cross talk or interference and long battery life.

    Personally, I use Polars and find them very good, easy to set up and simple to operate. Never suffer
    from cross talk or interference and have a long battery life.

    :)

    --
    ------- o ----- <#\, --- ()/() Belfast Biker Specialized Sirrus + Gilera Runner! N54 33' W05 58'

  6. Yeah, the Timex S+D system has a nasty habit of losing signals. Although you could blame it on the
    GPS - my Garmin GPS doesn't lose signals as much.

    Steve