HRMs other than polar

John

Guest
Some time ago there was some discussion here about heart rate monitors other than polar. I'm
shopping for one and would like to get some opinions. Should I go with polar or another? I'm
training for my first Tri.

Personally I use a Timex Ironman one and find it very good, easy to set up and simple to operate.
never suffers from cross talk or interference and long battery life.

Tom

"John" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Some time ago there was some discussion here about heart rate monitors
other
> than polar. I'm shopping for one and would like to get some opinions. Should I go with polar or
> another? I'm training for my first Tri.

I think Polars are best. The Timex units have some quality issues. Get the S710. It's the bests.

Steve

On Tue, 03 Jun 2003 16:46:17 -0400, Dr. Steven Walker <[email protected]> wrote:

>I think Polars are best. The Timex units have some quality issues. Get the S710. It's the bests.

I've had three polars over the years and they're great. Haven't heard about quality issues with the
timex mind.

I'm currently selling my 610i on ebay for a 710i.
--
------- o ----- <#\, --- ()/() Belfast Biker Specialized Sirrus + Gilera Runner! N54 33' W05 58'

On Mon, 2 Jun 2003 13:17:24 +0100, "Teslar" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Personally I use a Timex Ironman one and find it very good, easy to set up and simple to operate.
>never suffers from cross talk or interference and long battery life.

Personally, I use Polars and find them very good, easy to set up and simple to operate. Never suffer
from cross talk or interference and have a long battery life.

:)

--
------- o ----- <#\, --- ()/() Belfast Biker Specialized Sirrus + Gilera Runner! N54 33' W05 58'

Yeah, the Timex S+D system has a nasty habit of losing signals. Although you could blame it on the
GPS - my Garmin GPS doesn't lose signals as much.

Steve