http://www.amgentourofcalifornia.com/race-live/audio-video/... audio?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by daveornee, Feb 24, 2007.

  1. daveornee

    daveornee New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2003
    Messages:
    2,763
    on the Amgen coverage of the Tour de California I don't hear the audio on the audio-video clips. Anyone here (hear:<}) know how to deal with the lack of audio. I have tried both my laptop and desktop computers with Internet Explorer and Firefox.
    Both seem to play audio on everything else I have tried.

    Tags:

  2. On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 16:01:56 +1100, daveornee
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >on the Amgen coverage of the Tour de California I don't hear the audio
    >on the audio-video clips. Anyone here (hear:<}) know how to deal with
    >the lack of audio. I have tried both my laptop and desktop computers
    >with Internet Explorer and Firefox.
    >Both seem to play audio on everything else I have tried.

    Dear Dave,

    When I checked with a client's XP Home machine, the screen insisted on
    an update to Windows Media Player version 11 in order to get at the
    audio/visual mp3's here:

    http://www.amgentourofcalifornia.com/race-live/audio-video.html

    Yet on a W98 system with a much older WMP version 6, the site has
    audio, but no visual. There's no screen about updating WMP.

    Meanwhile, the AMgen site went down and then came back up again on
    both systems, so it may just be the site is having odd problems.

    Cheers,

    Carl Fogel

  3. On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 22:45:35 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

    >On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 16:01:56 +1100, daveornee
    ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >>on the Amgen coverage of the Tour de California I don't hear the audio
    >>on the audio-video clips. Anyone here (hear:<}) know how to deal with
    >>the lack of audio. I have tried both my laptop and desktop computers
    >>with Internet Explorer and Firefox.
    >>Both seem to play audio on everything else I have tried.

    >Dear Dave,
    >
    >When I checked with a client's XP Home machine, the screen insisted on
    >an update to Windows Media Player version 11 in order to get at the
    >audio/visual mp3's here:
    >
    >http://www.amgentourofcalifornia.com/race-live/audio-video.html
    >
    >Yet on a W98 system with a much older WMP version 6, the site has
    >audio, but no visual. There's no screen about updating WMP.
    >
    >Meanwhile, the AMgen site went down and then came back up again on
    >both systems, so it may just be the site is having odd problems.
    >
    >Cheers,
    >
    >Carl Fogel

    After more site-unavailable, I get audio but no visual on the older
    system, and audio and visual on the new system.

    I assume that the audio and visual are separate.

    That is, you can listen to the audio by clicking on the audio
    sections, like a radio, or you can watch silent video by clicking on
    the video sections.

    But if you expect the videos to include sound, I think that you're out
    of luck--the screen may include an audio button, but there's no sound
    for it to play.

    Cheers,

    Carl Fogel