http://www.kenkifer.com/bikepages/traffic/index.htm

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Garrison Hillia, Sep 20, 2003.

  1. she is pissed wrote:
    > A person driving a car in the same place and time would've met the same fate as he was
    > traveling northbound while the drunk driver was traveling southbound in his lane.

    Not necessarily. We don't know the speed of the drunk driver and we wouldn't know the speed of a
    north bound driver. Also, most cars made in the last decade or so have crumple zones and air bags
    and these have saved lives in quite a few head on collisions. It probably would have been bad but
    maybe not fatal. The drunk driver would have probably been hurt.

    --Bill Davidson
    --
    Please remove ".nospam" from my address for email replies.

    I'm a 17 year veteran of usenet -- you'd think I'd be over it by now