http://www.kreuzotter.de/ (web based power metrics calculator)

Chris M

Guest
I have used this site (http://www.kreuzotter.de/) for years and in the
middle of running some numbers on it (a few days ago, maybe some time
last week) and it is now DOA (ie "404") ever since then.

Are there any online alternatives? I used to have most of the formula
offline (in an Excel spreadsheet) and I need to either restore that
file, find the web site or one like it, or as a last resort construct
all of the variables.

Any ideas on this site, one like it or a reasonably accurate passive
formula expression? I just saw one somewhere, I think on an article
written by Alan Lim, but I forget where (maybe a Powertap site?).

TIA

PS - I am mostly calculating power to overcome gravity where wind
resistance is a very low factor so establishing actual wind resistance
is not critical though I would like to break it down to the force per
pedal cycle. I have most or all of Burke's (Ed R. Burke PhD, may he
rest in peace) books and he goes in to detail more than once, and I
thought had the entire set of variables in there at least once, if
anyone can point me to it in printed form too or in place of, that
would also be appreciated.

On Tue, 13 May 2008 15:31:03 -0700 (PDT), Chris M
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I have used this site (http://www.kreuzotter.de/) for years and in the
>middle of running some numbers on it (a few days ago, maybe some time
>last week) and it is now DOA (ie "404") ever since then.
>
>Are there any online alternatives? I used to have most of the formula
>offline (in an Excel spreadsheet) and I need to either restore that
>file, find the web site or one like it, or as a last resort construct
>all of the variables.
>
>Any ideas on this site, one like it or a reasonably accurate passive
>formula expression? I just saw one somewhere, I think on an article
>written by Alan Lim, but I forget where (maybe a Powertap site?).
>
>TIA
>
>PS - I am mostly calculating power to overcome gravity where wind
>resistance is a very low factor so establishing actual wind resistance
>is not critical though I would like to break it down to the force per
>pedal cycle. I have most or all of Burke's (Ed R. Burke PhD, may he
>rest in peace) books and he goes in to detail more than once, and I
>thought had the entire set of variables in there at least once, if
>anyone can point me to it in printed form too or in place of, that
>would also be appreciated.

Dear Chris,

http://bikecalculator.com/veloMetricNum.html

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

<[email protected]> wrote:

>I have used this site (http://www.kreuzotter.de/) for years and in the
>middle of running some numbers on it (a few days ago, maybe some time
>last week) and it is now DOA (ie "404") ever since then.
>
>Are there any online alternatives? I used to have most of the formula
>offline (in an Excel spreadsheet) and I need to either restore that
>file, find the web site or one like it, or as a last resort construct
>all of the variables.
>
>Any ideas on this site, one like it or a reasonably accurate passive
>formula expression? I just saw one somewhere, I think on an article
>written by Alan Lim, but I forget where (maybe a Powertap site?).
>
>TIA
>
>PS - I am mostly calculating power to overcome gravity where wind
>resistance is a very low factor so establishing actual wind resistance
>is not critical though I would like to break it down to the force per
>pedal cycle. I have most or all of Burke's (Ed R. Burke PhD, may he
>rest in peace) books and he goes in to detail more than once, and I
>thought had the entire set of variables in there at least once, if
>anyone can point me to it in printed form too or in place of, that
>would also be appreciated.

Dear Chris,

The Kreuzotter site is back up:
http://www.kreuzotter.de/english/espeed.htm

There's still no option for an upright rider on a 56-inch highwheeler
with a solid 7/8ths inch rubber tire (much less the same rider bent
over in the grasshopper racing position), but otherwise it looks just
as good as it was before the mysterious disappearance, and the basic
equations are at the bottom of the page.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel