Hub for front disk brake deal

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Bri, May 13, 2003.

  1. Bri

    Bri Guest

    Hello all: I am looking for a low priced source for a couple disk brake ready front hubs, sealed
    bearings 32 or 16 spoke. Do you know of any good leads? Thanks, Bri.

    Tags:

  2. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

  3. Bri

    Bri Guest

    Well the lower the better, I just ordered 2 rears at $12 each but there were no fronts.

    Jeff Wills wrote:

    > Bri <"Share,D,Computer"@boeing.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Hello all: I am looking for a low priced source for a couple disk brake ready front hubs, sealed
    > > bearings 32 or 16 spoke. Do you know of any good leads? Thanks, Bri.
    >
    > How low is "low"?
    >
    > Try Gaerlan: http://www.gaerlan.com/bikeparts/parts/disk/disk.html
    >
    > Jeff

  4. Rorschandt

    Rorschandt Guest

  5. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    Bri wrote:

    > Hello all: I am looking for a low priced source for a couple disk brake ready front hubs, sealed
    > bearings 32 or 16 spoke. Do you know of any good leads? Thanks, Bri.

    I prefer these for trike use. :)

    < ftp://www.ihpva.org/incoming/2002/df11.jpg > < ftp://www.ihpva.org/incoming/2002/df12.jpg > <
    ftp://www.ihpva.org/incoming/2002/df13.jpg >

    These are Earth Cycles specific, but Phil Wood could probably be persuaded to make some more. They
    are not low cost by any stretch of the imagination, but I suspect they will outlast everything else
    on the trike.

    < http://www.philwood.com/pproducts.htm >

  6. Bri

    Bri Guest

    They do look good however I'm just putting disk brakes on my bikeE RX so I think almost anything
    with sealed bearings will work out fine. Thanks, Brian

    Tom Sherman wrote:

    > Bri wrote:
    > >
    > > Hello all: I am looking for a low priced source for a couple disk brake ready front hubs, sealed
    > > bearings 32 or 16 spoke. Do you know of any good leads? Thanks, Bri.
    >
    > I prefer these for trike use. :)
    >
    > < ftp://www.ihpva.org/incoming/2002/df11.jpg > < ftp://www.ihpva.org/incoming/2002/df12.jpg > <
    > ftp://www.ihpva.org/incoming/2002/df13.jpg >
    >
    > These are Earth Cycles specific, but Phil Wood could probably be persuaded to make some more. They
    > are not low cost by any stretch of the imagination, but I suspect they will outlast everything
    > else on the trike.
    >
    > < http://www.philwood.com/pproducts.htm >

  7. Bri

    Bri Guest

    Do these come with the axle, q/r, bearings.? So far the juju ones look like an OK hub for the money
    I guess but who knows what bearings they run in them.

    rorschandt wrote:

    > Bri <"Share,D,Computer"@boeing.com> wrote in news:[email protected]:
    >
    > > Well the lower the better, I just ordered 2 rears at $12 each but there were no fronts.
    > >
    > How about $28 ea for 20mm thru axle hubs? Great for tadpole trikes
    > http://www.chucksbikes.com/hufor.htm
    >
    > happy trails, rorschandt

  8. Rorschandt

    Rorschandt Guest

    I doubt they include the axle, but Chuck is fairly responsive to e-mail. I have a Juju rear hub that
    is excellent. There is an O ring that I suggest you remove, as it seems to serve to cause friction?
    The bearings are sealed units,so the O ring is overkill.

    rorschandt

    Bri <"Share,D,Computer"@boeing.com> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > Do these come with the axle, q/r, bearings.? So far the juju ones look like an OK hub for the
    > money I guess but who knows what bearings they run in them.

  9. Cbb

    Cbb Guest

    Bri <"Share,D,Computer"@boeing.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hello all: I am looking for a low priced source for a couple disk brake ready front hubs, sealed
    > bearings 32 or 16 spoke. Do you know of any good leads? Thanks, Bri.

    An ex-BikeE person is closing out parts on ebay. It appears there are some front hubs from the E2
    there for cheap.

    http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=43159948

  10. Bri

    Bri Guest

    He didn't list any fronts with disk mount but I did order some rears and a bunch of other stuff.
    Thanks, Bri

    cbb wrote:

    > Bri <"Share,D,Computer"@boeing.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Hello all: I am looking for a low priced source for a couple disk brake ready front hubs, sealed
    > > bearings 32 or 16 spoke. Do you know of any good leads? Thanks, Bri.
    >
    > An ex-BikeE person is closing out parts on ebay. It appears there are some front hubs from the E2
    > there for cheap.
    >
    > http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=43159948

  11. too bad ur not into 36 spoke front hubs.
    --------------------------------------
    "Bri" <"Share,D,Computer"@boeing.com> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > He didn't list any fronts with disk mount but I did order some rears and a bunch of other stuff.
    > Thanks, Bri
    >
    > cbb wrote:
    > >
    > > Bri <"Share,D,Computer"@boeing.com> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > Hello all: I am looking for a low priced source for a couple disk brake ready
    front
    > > > hubs, sealed bearings 32 or 16 spoke. Do you know of any good leads? Thanks, Bri.
    > >
    > > An ex-BikeE person is closing out parts on ebay. It appears there are some front hubs from the
    > > E2 there for cheap.
    > >
    > > http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=43159948

  12. B.McD.

    B.McD. Guest

    Oh well, 16 and 32 is what I have. I'm almost done with the rear wheel disk brake conversion, all I
    need now is a longer brake cabel and then but it all on the bike. The Avid brakes get a lot of
    praise from most folks that I talk to so I think I made a good decision on those.