Hub for front disk brake deal

Bri

Guest
Hello all: I am looking for a low priced source for a couple disk brake ready front hubs, sealed
bearings 32 or 16 spoke. Do you know of any good leads? Thanks, Bri.

Well the lower the better, I just ordered 2 rears at $12 each but there were no fronts.

Bri wrote:

> Hello all: I am looking for a low priced source for a couple disk brake ready front hubs, sealed
> bearings 32 or 16 spoke. Do you know of any good leads? Thanks, Bri.

I prefer these for trike use. :)

< ftp://www.ihpva.org/incoming/2002/df11.jpg > < ftp://www.ihpva.org/incoming/2002/df12.jpg > <
ftp://www.ihpva.org/incoming/2002/df13.jpg >

These are Earth Cycles specific, but Phil Wood could probably be persuaded to make some more. They
are not low cost by any stretch of the imagination, but I suspect they will outlast everything else
on the trike.

< http://www.philwood.com/pproducts.htm >

They do look good however I'm just putting disk brakes on my bikeE RX so I think almost anything
with sealed bearings will work out fine. Thanks, Brian

Tom Sherman wrote:

> Bri wrote:
> >
> > Hello all: I am looking for a low priced source for a couple disk brake ready front hubs, sealed
> > bearings 32 or 16 spoke. Do you know of any good leads? Thanks, Bri.
>
> I prefer these for trike use. :)
>
> < ftp://www.ihpva.org/incoming/2002/df11.jpg > < ftp://www.ihpva.org/incoming/2002/df12.jpg > <
> ftp://www.ihpva.org/incoming/2002/df13.jpg >
>
> These are Earth Cycles specific, but Phil Wood could probably be persuaded to make some more. They
> are not low cost by any stretch of the imagination, but I suspect they will outlast everything
> else on the trike.
>
> < http://www.philwood.com/pproducts.htm >

Do these come with the axle, q/r, bearings.? So far the juju ones look like an OK hub for the money
I guess but who knows what bearings they run in them.

rorschandt wrote:

> Bri <"Share,D,Computer"@boeing.com> wrote in news:[email protected]:
>
> > Well the lower the better, I just ordered 2 rears at $12 each but there were no fronts.
> >
> How about $28 ea for 20mm thru axle hubs? Great for tadpole trikes
> http://www.chucksbikes.com/hufor.htm
>
> happy trails, rorschandt

I doubt they include the axle, but Chuck is fairly responsive to e-mail. I have a Juju rear hub that
is excellent. There is an O ring that I suggest you remove, as it seems to serve to cause friction?
The bearings are sealed units,so the O ring is overkill.

rorschandt

Bri <"Share,D,Computer"@boeing.com> wrote in news:[email protected]:

> Do these come with the axle, q/r, bearings.? So far the juju ones look like an OK hub for the
> money I guess but who knows what bearings they run in them.

Bri <"Share,D,Computer"@boeing.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Hello all: I am looking for a low priced source for a couple disk brake ready front hubs, sealed
> bearings 32 or 16 spoke. Do you know of any good leads? Thanks, Bri.

An ex-BikeE person is closing out parts on ebay. It appears there are some front hubs from the E2
there for cheap.

http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=43159948

He didn't list any fronts with disk mount but I did order some rears and a bunch of other stuff.
Thanks, Bri

cbb wrote:

> Bri <"Share,D,Computer"@boeing.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > Hello all: I am looking for a low priced source for a couple disk brake ready front hubs, sealed
> > bearings 32 or 16 spoke. Do you know of any good leads? Thanks, Bri.
>
> An ex-BikeE person is closing out parts on ebay. It appears there are some front hubs from the E2
> there for cheap.
>
> http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=43159948

too bad ur not into 36 spoke front hubs.
--------------------------------------
"Bri" <"Share,D,Computer"@boeing.com> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> He didn't list any fronts with disk mount but I did order some rears and a bunch of other stuff.
> Thanks, Bri
>
> cbb wrote:
> >
> > Bri <"Share,D,Computer"@boeing.com> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > > Hello all: I am looking for a low priced source for a couple disk brake ready
front
> > > hubs, sealed bearings 32 or 16 spoke. Do you know of any good leads? Thanks, Bri.
> >
> > An ex-BikeE person is closing out parts on ebay. It appears there are some front hubs from the
> > E2 there for cheap.
> >
> > http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=43159948

Oh well, 16 and 32 is what I have. I'm almost done with the rear wheel disk brake conversion, all I
need now is a longer brake cabel and then but it all on the bike. The Avid brakes get a lot of
praise from most folks that I talk to so I think I made a good decision on those.