Hucking vs Jumping

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Destroy, Aug 5, 2003.

  1. Destroy

    Destroy Guest

    Keep seeing this term in the mags - hucking.

    Is hucking where you drop off a ledge and jumping is where you get air via a natural ramp of
    some sort?

    Tags:

  2. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

  3. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

  4. Cameron

    Cameron Guest

    > Destroy scribbled :
    > > Keep seeing this term in the mags - hucking.
    > >
    > > Is hucking where you drop off a ledge and jumping is where you get air via a natural ramp of
    > > some sort?
    >
    > hucking is when you are picking huckleberries:
    > http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/bike/ID/berries3.jpg

    Even though I am too chicken to try a two foot drop, I am now a hardcore huckster!
    YEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAW!!!!!!!

    --
    Cameron

  5. Kathleen

    Kathleen Guest

    Penny S. wrote:
    > Destroy scribbled :
    >
    >>Keep seeing this term in the mags - hucking.
    >>
    >>Is hucking where you drop off a ledge and jumping is where you get air via a natural ramp of
    >>some sort?
    >

    > hucking is when you are picking huckleberries:
    > http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/bike/ID/berries3.jpg

    Close. Rog Buchanan touched on it with one of his posts. IIRC "hucking" has something to do with
    landing upside down in berry bushes. Possibly while wearing shorts patched with duct tape...

    Kathleen

  6. Jd

    Jd Guest

    Destroy <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Keep seeing this term in the mags - hucking.
    >
    > Is hucking where you drop off a ledge and jumping is where you get air via a natural ramp of
    > some sort?

    Hucking is akin to a technicolor yawn.

    JD

  7. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On 5 Aug 2003 23:55:18 -0700, [email protected] (JD) wrote:

    >Hucking is akin to a technicolor yawn.
    >
    >JD

    ????WTF????

    Bill(perplexed)Wheeler The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that
    is, the mind should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
    :-]

  8. Kathleen

    Kathleen Guest

    JD wrote:
    > Destroy <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >>Keep seeing this term in the mags - hucking.
    >>
    >>Is hucking where you drop off a ledge and jumping is where you get air via a natural ramp of
    >>some sort?
    >

    > Hucking is akin to a technicolor yawn.

    No, that would "chucking" or "horking".

    Kathleen

  9. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    > On 5 Aug 2003 23:55:18 -0700, [email protected] (JD) wrote:
    >

    > >Hucking is akin to a technicolor yawn.
    > >
    > >JD
    >

    > ????WTF????
    >
    > Bill(perplexed)Wheeler The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that
    > is, the mind should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
    > :-]

    http://www.pbase.com/image/2736713

    Peacock in flight = Boring 2 JD

    HTH

    Mike

  10. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

  11. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    > >>????WTF????
    > >>

    > > http://www.pbase.com/image/2736713
    > >
    > > Peacock in flight = Boring 2 JD
    >
    > Nope, a technicolour yawn is a beautiful euphumism for vomiting.

    Or the liquid laugh, hurling, etc...

    Matt

  12. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

  13. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    "Kathleen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > JD wrote:
    > > Destroy <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > >>Keep seeing this term in the mags - hucking.
    > >>
    > >>Is hucking where you drop off a ledge and jumping is where you get air via a natural ramp of
    > >>some sort?
    > >

    > > Hucking is akin to a technicolor yawn.
    >
    > No, that would "chucking" or "horking".
    >
    > Kathleen

    I thought it was "hurl"

    P.

  14. Kathleen

    Kathleen Guest

    Penny S. wrote:
    > "Kathleen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>JD wrote:
    >>
    >>>Destroy <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >
    > news:<[email protected]>...

    >>>Hucking is akin to a technicolor yawn.
    >>
    >>No, that would "chucking" or "horking".
    >>
    >>Kathleen
    >>

    > I thought it was "hurl"

    Another synonym, although "hurl" is descriptive of the act itself, while "hork" describes the
    accompanying sound effects.

    Kathleen

  15. Jd

    Jd Guest

    Kathleen <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > JD wrote:
    > > Destroy <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > >
    > >>Keep seeing this term in the mags - hucking.
    > >>
    > >>Is hucking where you drop off a ledge and jumping is where you get air via a natural ramp of
    > >>some sort?
    > >

    > > Hucking is akin to a technicolor yawn.
    >
    > No, that would "chucking" or "horking".

    Could it be what is done with a loogie then?

    JD

  16. Kathleen

    Kathleen Guest

    JD wrote:

    > Kathleen <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >>JD wrote:

    >>>Hucking is akin to a technicolor yawn.
    >>
    >>No, that would "chucking" or "horking".
    >

    > Could it be what is done with a loogie then?

    Theoretically.

    Kathleen

  17. J'M Sm'Th

    J'M Sm'Th Guest

    On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 08:50:08 -0600, "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > > > http://www.pbase.com/image/2736713
    > > >
    > > > Peacock in flight = Boring 2 JD
    > >
    > > Nope, a technicolour yawn is a beautiful euphumism for vomiting.
    > >

    > Or the liquid laugh, hurling, etc...
    >
    > Matt

    . . .throwin' the groceries, unswallowing your lunch. . .

    --
    J'm Sm'th To Reply Direct, Remove Clothes ..-.-

  18. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    On 6 Aug 2003 11:45:25 -0700, [email protected] (JD) wrote:

    >Kathleen <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >> JD wrote:
    >> > Destroy <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> > news:<[email protected]>...

    >> > Hucking is akin to a technicolor yawn.
    >>
    >> No, that would "chucking" or "horking".
    >
    >Could it be what is done with a loogie then?
    >
    >JD
    no, that would be "hock" , oe "hawk" a loogie, depending on which side of the country your
    posting from.....

  19. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    "Dave W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > On 6 Aug 2003 11:45:25 -0700, [email protected] (JD) wrote:
    >
    > >Kathleen <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > >> JD wrote:
    <snip>

    > >Could it be what is done with a loogie then?
    > >
    > >JD
    > no, that would be "hock" , oe "hawk" a loogie, depending on which side of the country your posting
    > from.....

    Seems like a hork could be one of those mis-fired hocks that ends up dangling from your shoulder...

    Matt

  20. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    J'm Sm'th wrote:

    >>>Nope, a technicolour yawn is a beautiful euphumism for vomiting.
    >>>

    >>Or the liquid laugh, hurling, etc...
    >>

    > . .throwin' the groceries, unswallowing your lunch. . .

    Parking the leopard, saying hello to god on the big white telephone...