Huffy

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by John Doe, Apr 8, 2003.

  1. Fahren

    Fahren New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 29, 2003
    OK here it is, I tell you no lies. This is not a photoshop trick photo except for the close-up of the Huffy Logo. Under the US flag and the seat-post it also says HUFFY.
    It is from Phil Liggett's "The Complete Book of Performance Cycling."1992. Page 58.

    The caption reads " Andy Hampsten made history in 1988 when he became the first American to win the Tour of Italy."

    Maybe you can buy Huffy at 7-ELEVEN.

  2. Rman

    Rman Guest

    Huffy at times in the US, have been a leading brand, particularly in BMX. I have NFI what they are
    like now, or even if there is a connection between Kmart-Huffy and US Huffy.

    RMan

    "Fahren" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > OK here it is, I tell you no lies. This is not a photoshop trick photo except for the close-up of
    > the Huffy Logo. Under the US flag and the seat-post it also says HUFFY. It is from Phil Liggett's
    > "The Complete Book of Performance Cycling."1992. Page 58.
    >
    > The caption reads " Andy Hampsten made history in 1988 when he became the first American to win
    > the Tour of Italy."
    >
    > Maybe you can buy Huffy at 7-ELEVEN.
    >

    > --
    > Camarades et amitiƩ

  3. roKeMS

    roKeMS New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2002

  4. Twisties

    Twisties New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2003
    look, there is nothing wrong with a huffy. i ride a "Huffy Hyper" its ummm great:( it is my first fs bike. i loike it cause its red and black:D

    as for the sticker holding it together... it is a thick sticker, one might call it a "load bearing" sticker.

    so anyway despit the fact that the bike is a P.O.C. i still managed to do a 1.5m drop of without it breaking.

    getting a new bike soon. on my way hom from the 1.5m drop off the sticker fell off. i must have looked funny carrying 2 peices of a bike home:rolleyes:

  5. Twisties

    Twisties New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2003
    but even though huffys are sow world renouned for being crap...they last.

  6. roKeMS

    roKeMS New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2002
    Only if they're left to gather dust in the shed and some spiders knock-up some load-bearing webs to hold it together.
    Once they leave the air-conditioned shopping centres they immediately begin to rust coz they can't handle fresh air. haha

  7. Fred Nieman

    Fred Nieman Guest

    Twisties wrote:

    > u no, u could get a huffy or sumthin like that for t $150 at kmart or BIG W. probably not as good
    > as what u can get here but worth look if u can b bothered:)

    Hi, mum - look at me, I'm answering a troll message.

    of those neato Huffy Full Suspension MTBs </falsehood>.

    Hey! $US 150 is about AUD 280! I could buy me one of them! I could also smear myself with fresh
    dog-shit before social functions, drill holes in my head with a sharpened butter knife, or (h3-He,
    tHiS Iz Th3 FuNnIeSt, dAwG) give up cycling completely.

    Ooops, forgot the <sarcastic></sarcastic> tags.

    Your mother darns socks in Hell, Twisties.

    ppp

    ps: Sorry about the last bit. I hope your mum is hale and healthy, and rides a bike that has QR
    skewers instead of axle bolts, a cartridge bottom bracket, and alloy rims.

    pps: It is kind of sad ("kind of"? make that "very, very"!) that an apparently highly reputable
    BMX/Kids' bike brand are now associated with completely crap bicycles. Ah, well. Sic transit
    gloria mundi, as the guy on the pirate ship in Asterix comics said at some stage.

  8. gordoing

    gordoing New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2003
    :cool:

    The American pro team 7-Eleven used "Huffy's" to win three stages in the Tour plus the Tours of Switzerland and Italy. However their Huffy's were made by Ben Serotta. Their time trial bikes, however, were actually made by Huffy, albeit a special division of Huffy which was heavily bankrolled by USA cycling and had a special facility where the bikes were produced - not to mention the US National team pursuit bikes for the Seoul Olympics. The bikes were produced under the capable hands of Mike Melton. Huffy helped in bankrolling these bikes, therefore they were allowed to badge them under their name. Heck, half the pros in Europe do not use the brand that's claimed on the paint job, they have to have the paint job for the contract.