Huffy

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK here it is, I tell you no lies. This is not a photoshop trick photo except for the close-up of the Huffy Logo. Under the US flag and the seat-post it also says HUFFY.
It is from Phil Liggett's "The Complete Book of Performance Cycling."1992. Page 58.

The caption reads " Andy Hampsten made history in 1988 when he became the first American to win the Tour of Italy."

Maybe you can buy Huffy at 7-ELEVEN.

Huffy at times in the US, have been a leading brand, particularly in BMX. I have NFI what they are
like now, or even if there is a connection between Kmart-Huffy and US Huffy.

RMan

"Fahren" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> OK here it is, I tell you no lies. This is not a photoshop trick photo except for the close-up of
> the Huffy Logo. Under the US flag and the seat-post it also says HUFFY. It is from Phil Liggett's
> "The Complete Book of Performance Cycling."1992. Page 58.
>
> The caption reads " Andy Hampsten made history in 1988 when he became the first American to win
> the Tour of Italy."
>
> Maybe you can buy Huffy at 7-ELEVEN.
>
>
>
> --
> Camarades et amitié
>
> >--------------------------<
> Posted via cyclingforums.com http://www.cyclingforums.com

Originally posted by a few fellas

> OK here it is, I tell you no lies. This is not a photoshop trick photo except for the close-up of
> the Huffy Logo. Under the US flag and the seat-post it also says HUFFY. It is from Phil Liggett's

Huffy at times in the US, have been a leading brand, particularly in BMX. I have NFI what they are
like now, or even if there is a connection between Kmart-Huffy and US Huffy.

RMan
At the end of the day - I'm still not rushing out to buy one.
Phil Ligget only talks about the rider anyway - not the **** he's riding. you could pick the team in the TdF that was sponsored by Huffy. They didn't have spare wheels on the roof of their team car - they had whole bikes haha.:eek: :D

>Maybe you can buy Huffy at 7-ELEVEN.
>
>I think you get one with every purchase of a six-pack of coke or Fanta

look, there is nothing wrong with a huffy. i ride a "Huffy Hyper" its ummm great:( it is my first fs bike. i loike it cause its red and black:D

as for the sticker holding it together... it is a thick sticker, one might call it a "load bearing" sticker.

so anyway despit the fact that the bike is a P.O.C. i still managed to do a 1.5m drop of without it breaking.

getting a new bike soon. on my way hom from the 1.5m drop off the sticker fell off. i must have looked funny carrying 2 peices of a bike home:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Twisties
but even though huffys are sow world renouned for being ****...they last.

Only if they're left to gather dust in the shed and some spiders knock-up some load-bearing webs to hold it together.
Once they leave the air-conditioned shopping centres they immediately begin to rust coz they can't handle fresh air. haha

"David S. Maddison" wrote:
>
> In article <[email protected]> Tue, 22 Apr 2003
> 08:12:50 +1000 "RMan" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Huffy at times in the US, have been a leading brand, particularly in BMX. I have NFI what they
> >are like now, or even if there is a connection between Kmart-Huffy and US Huffy.
>
> FWIW, the US KMart Huffy bikes can be seen at
> http://www.kmart.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=713103&cp=784509.784521.
>
> David

Twisties wrote:
>
> u no, u could get a huffy or sumthin like that for t $150 at kmart or BIG W. probably not as good
> as what u can get here but worth look if u can b bothered:)
>
> --
> >--------------------------<
> Posted via cyclingforums.com http://www.cyclingforums.com

Hi, mum - look at me, I'm answering a troll message.

Oh yeah - as I <truth> browsed K-Mart for <self snip> I have <falsehood> often considered buying one
of those neato Huffy Full Suspension MTBs </falsehood>.

Hey! $US 150 is about AUD 280! I could buy me one of them! I could also smear myself with fresh
dog-**** before social functions, drill holes in my head with a sharpened butter knife, or (h3-He,
tHiS Iz Th3 FuNnIeSt, dAwG) give up cycling completely.

Ooops, forgot the <sarcastic></sarcastic> tags.

Your mother darns socks in Hell, Twisties.

ppp

ps: Sorry about the last bit. I hope your mum is hale and healthy, and rides a bike that has QR
skewers instead of axle bolts, a cartridge bottom bracket, and alloy rims.

pps: It is kind of sad ("kind of"? make that "very, very"!) that an apparently highly reputable
BMX/Kids' bike brand are now associated with completely **** bicycles. Ah, well. Sic transit
gloria mundi, as the guy on the pirate ship in Asterix comics said at some stage.

Originally posted by Fahren
Why is everyone so huffy? ;)

I saw a pic of a Huffy in a pro-race, I'll pass on the details when I find it again. Maybe it wasn't bought at K-mart, but how many bike shops stay open til 10pm week nights?
:cool:

The American pro team 7-Eleven used "Huffy's" to win three stages in the Tour plus the Tours of Switzerland and Italy. However their Huffy's were made by Ben Serotta. Their time trial bikes, however, were actually made by Huffy, albeit a special division of Huffy which was heavily bankrolled by USA cycling and had a special facility where the bikes were produced - not to mention the US National team pursuit bikes for the Seoul Olympics. The bikes were produced under the capable hands of Mike Melton. Huffy helped in bankrolling these bikes, therefore they were allowed to badge them under their name. Heck, half the pros in Europe do not use the brand that's claimed on the paint job, they have to have the paint job for the contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.