HUGI 240

Chalothorn Vash

Guest
was wondering what is Hugi240 hubs (non-disc version) comparable to? XTR M960? or Chris
King Classic?

Has anyone ever used Hugi240? Any comment is welcome, thank you

I have hugi 240's on two of my MTB's .. love 'em. they are light weight... the freewheel is
aluminum. sealed bearings. more noisy than hubs with "standard" pawls .. but they are good. I don't
know what to compare them to .. I think the Chris King is better.. but I think the Hugi is better
than the XTR .. IMHO. charlie

Chalothorn Vashirakovit wrote:
> was wondering what is Hugi240 hubs (non-disc version) comparable to? XTR M960? or Chris King
> Classic?
>
> Has anyone ever used Hugi240? Any comment is welcome, thank you

I would compare them to the Kings. The Kings maybe slightly better made, but both hubs are
superlative.

I put many miles on a set of non disc 240s,and now run the disc 240s.

Good stuff.

Chalothorn Vashirakovit wrote:
> was wondering what is Hugi240 hubs (non-disc version) comparable to? XTR M960? or Chris King
> Classic?

Closer to King than anything else. I ride on Hugi's and other than one set of broken pawls (of
course I blow it while on a ride w/ a A.M-B rider and 3 miles form the parking lot 1/4 mile before
he takes a digger and rips a brake line out;-) I have not managed to kill a hub in several years

> Has anyone ever used Hugi240? Any comment is welcome, thank you
John G. in Memphis, TN Have a nice......... night.
http://www.shavings.net/images/Memphis/reflect_john.jpg

"MPD Blue" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> Chalothorn Vashirakovit wrote:
> > was wondering what is Hugi240 hubs (non-disc version) comparable to? XTR M960? or Chris King
> > Classic?
>
> Closer to King than anything else. I ride on Hugi's and other than one set of broken pawls (of
> course I blow it while on a ride w/ a A.M-B rider and 3 miles form the parking lot 1/4 mile before
> he takes a digger and rips a brake line out;-) I have not managed to kill a hub in several years
>
> > Has anyone ever used Hugi240? Any comment is welcome, thank you
> John G. in Memphis, TN Have a nice......... night.
> http://www.shavings.net/images/Memphis/reflect_john.jpg

Clyde: How big a guy are ya? I am waiting to see if I can demolish the Hugi Free Ride hub. Once a
friend o mine gets done building my new wheel this week. I will probably agree.

TJ

TJ wrote:
> "MPD Blue" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>Chalothorn Vashirakovit wrote:
>>>was wondering what is Hugi240 hubs (non-disc version) comparable to? XTR M960? or Chris King
>>>Classic?
>>
>>Closer to King than anything else. I ride on Hugi's and other than one set of broken pawls (of
>>course I blow it while on a ride w/ a A.M-B rider and 3 miles form the parking lot 1/4 mile before
>>he takes a digger and rips a brake line out;-) I have not managed to kill a hub in several years

> Clyde: How big a guy are ya?

About 6' 2" and 250 Pounds of pure Galoot.

John G. in Memphis, TN Have a nice......... night.
http://www.shavings.net/images/Memphis/reflect_john.jpg

I am 5.9 and 155-160 lbs it should be ok?

Holly **** Batman! I don't think I will have anymore problems now that I am a Hugi owner.

> "MPD Blue" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >

> > TJ wrote:
> XTR

> > > Clyde: How big a guy are ya?
> >
> > About 6' 2" and 250 Pounds of pure Galoot.
>
> Holly **** Batman! I don't think I will have anymore problems now that I am a Hugi owner.

What the hell have I been telling you the last couple of years TJ? I've been told that the new Hugi
SS hub is done in the development stage and I'm in line for a set.

JD

> "TJ" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > XTR

> > > About 6' 2" and 250 Pounds of pure Galoot.
> >
> > Holly **** Batman! I don't think I will have anymore problems now that
I am
> > a Hugi owner.
>
> What the hell have I been telling you the last couple of years TJ? I've been told that the new
> Hugi SS hub is done in the development stage and I'm in line for a set.
>
> JD
I know, I know.......I have been just tooooo damn cheap. But my friend Jeff in Montrose gave me a
great deal. After Angry gets done building the wheel for me, I am going to take it down "The Ribbon"
for evaluation.

TJ

> > What the hell have I been telling you the last couple of years TJ? I've been told that the new
> > Hugi SS hub is done in the development stage and I'm in line for a set.
> >
> > JD
> I know, I know.......I have been just tooooo damn cheap. But my friend Jeff in Montrose gave me a
> great deal. After Angry gets done building the wheel for me, I am going to take it down "The
> Ribbon" for evaluation.
>
> TJ

Angry Wheels rule. You will not be disappointed.

JD