Hull road rage sentence

>http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2869009.stm
>>
>> Only two years. Out in one if he behaves.
>
>Pathetic!

The bit that *really* gets me is that he's got previous on road rage, reckless driving & speeding.
And no mention of a driving ban!!! AAAAAGGGHHHH!!

helen s

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

> The bit that *really* gets me is that he's got previous on road rage,
reckless
> driving & speeding. And no mention of a driving ban!!! AAAAAGGGHHHH!!

Think we all need to contact our MP and ask for an explaination as to why he doesn't have a lifetime
driving ban. He's pretty much proved he's not capable of holding on responsibly. Its one thing to
complain to the MP, but I want an explanation.

With previous and for what he did, he should have got at least 4 years. I can't believe he got off so lightly.

Should have been at least 10 years for attempted murder! Sometimes the Americans do get it right, at
least when it doesn't get plea bargained out of court.

I think I also sent a blank message with my address and mobile number to the group! F*%$*!*% mouse!

Ian
--
Ian Rogers Sheffield UK

"dannyfrankszzz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> For what he did and with previous convictions, it should have been more like four years.

I thought that it must be attempted murder - if not that then manslaughter. It seems ridiculous when
that chap about a year ago was given six months for collecting and selling golf balls - a practice
he'd done for years and declared taxes and all the rest. Crazy

--

cheers,

Dave Rollinson

"Ian Rogers" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Should have been at least 10 years for attempted murder! Sometimes the Americans do get it right,
> at least when it doesn't get plea bargained out of court.
>
> I think I also sent a blank message with my address and mobile number to
the
> group! F*%$*!*% mouse!
>
> Ian
> --
> Ian Rogers Sheffield UK
>
> "dannyfrankszzz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > For what he did and with previous convictions, it should have been more like four years.
> >

> > --

"Richard Goodman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Chalfont" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2869009.stm
> >
> > Only two years. Out in one if he behaves.
> >

> Ridiculous, especially bearing in mind his previous. *******!

Is it just me or do others find the last sentence somewhat hypocritical?

In jailing Baxter, Recorder Guy Kearl, QC, said: "....Incidents such as these, appalling as they
are, will not be tolerated by the courts."

2 years seems pretty tolerant to me.

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003 09:57:24 -0000, Tony W <[email protected]> wrote:
> Is it just me or do others find the last sentence somewhat hypocritical?

I don't understand the last sentence.

> In jailing Baxter, Recorder Guy Kearl, QC, said: "....Incidents such as these, appalling as they
> are, will not be tolerated by the courts."

ISTM that appalling should read unusual, or is the judge suggesting that if you commit a
sufficiently appalling crime then you will get of scott free? Just this driver wasn't
sufficiently bad?

Tim.

"Tony W" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Is it just me or do others find the last sentence somewhat hypocritical?
>
> In jailing Baxter, Recorder Guy Kearl, QC, said: "....Incidents such as these, appalling as they
> are, will not be tolerated by the courts."
>
> 2 years seems pretty tolerant to me.

I sometimes think that judges living on a daily diet of the worst of society lose their sense of
perspective.

I can understand how some motoring offences get to be treated leniently as there is always a
possibility of "there but for.......", but deliberately reversing a vehicle at people hardly
qualifies.

I wonder how the judge would have reacted had the accused deliberately fired a legally possessed
shotgun at the victims?

Pete

"Peter B" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I wonder how the judge would have reacted had the accused deliberately
fired
> a legally possessed shotgun at the victims?

I bet he wouldn't be allowed another shotgun licence but the scumbag in question will almost
certainly be allowed his driving licence back.

Pete.