Humalog For Sale

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by News Reader, Mar 2, 2004.

  1. News Reader

    News Reader Guest

    I friend of mine has a few extra bottles of Humalog she'd like to sell. Very reasonable, sealed and
    refrigerated.

    Please email me at reader at midsouth dot rr dot com if interested.

    Tags:

  2. Beav

    Beav Guest

    "News Reader" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I friend of mine has a few extra bottles of Humalog she'd like to sell. Very reasonable, sealed
    > and refrigerated.

    And it's illegal to sell it. Humalog (worldwide) needs a prescription and without one, buying (and
    selling) it is against the law. Be careful out there.

    Beav

  3. Beav <[email protected]> wrote on Wed, 3 Mar 2004 20:26:52
    -0000:

    > "News Reader" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...

    >> I friend of mine has a few extra bottles of Humalog she'd like to sell. Very reasonable, sealed
    >> and refrigerated.

    > And it's illegal to sell it.

    Where?

    > Humalog (worldwide) needs a prescription and without one, buying (and selling) it is against
    > the law.

    Even on Antarctica?

    > Be careful out there.

    Yes. Particularly with Humalog. It's _very_ fragile stuff.

    --
    Alan Mackenzie (Munich, Germany) Email: [email protected]; to decode, wherever there is a repeated
    letter (like "aa"), remove half of them (leaving, say, "a").

  4. Matt Weber

    Matt Weber Guest

    On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 07:01:57 +0000, Alan
    Mackenzie<[email protected]> wrote:

    >Beav <[email protected]> wrote on Wed, 3 Mar 2004 20:26:52 -0000:
    >
    >> "News Reader" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>> I friend of mine has a few extra bottles of Humalog she'd like to sell. Very reasonable, sealed
    >>> and refrigerated.
    >
    >> And it's illegal to sell it.
    >
    >Where?
    >
    >> Humalog (worldwide) needs a prescription and without one, buying (and selling) it is against
    >> the law.
    balony. Neither Humalog or Novolog/Novorapid are prescription drugs in Canada. You can walk into any
    pharmacy in Canada and buy them.

  5. Mike Moffat

    Mike Moffat Guest

    "matt weber" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 07:01:57 +0000, Alan
    > Mackenzie<[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Beav <[email protected]> wrote on Wed, 3
    > >Mar 2004 20:26:52 -0000:
    > >
    > >> "News Reader" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > >> message
    > >> news:[email protected]...

    sell.

    > >> And it's illegal to sell it.
    > >
    > >Where?
    > >
    > >> Humalog (worldwide) needs a prescription and without
    > >> one, buying (and selling) it is against the law.
    > balony. Neither Humalog or Novolog/Novorapid are
    > prescription drugs in Canada. You can walk into any
    > pharmacy in Canada and buy them.
    Matt, Not saying you are wrong but when did Novarapid and
    Humolog stop being a prescription drug. Just curious. I
    always get a script for my Novarapid. Will the insurance
    company pay if you don`t have it on scripte because it is
    then classed as an over the counter drug? hmmmmmm

  6. Beav

    Beav Guest

    "matt weber" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 07:01:57 +0000, Alan
    > Mackenzie<[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Beav <[email protected]> wrote on Wed, 3
    > >Mar 2004 20:26:52 -0000:
    > >
    > >> "News Reader" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > >> message
    > >> news:[email protected]...

    sell.

    > >> And it's illegal to sell it.
    > >
    > >Where?
    > >
    > >> Humalog (worldwide) needs a prescription and without
    > >> one, buying (and selling) it is against the law.
    > balony. Neither Humalog or Novolog/Novorapid are
    > prescription drugs in Canada. You can walk into any
    > pharmacy in Canada and buy them.

    Are you sure about that Matt?

    Beav

  7. Mike Moffat wrote:

    > "matt weber" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 07:01:57 +0000, Alan
    > > Mackenzie<[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > >Beav <[email protected]> wrote on Wed, 3
    > > >Mar 2004 20:26:52 -0000:

    > sell.

    > > >Where?

    > > balony. Neither Humalog or Novolog/Novorapid are
    > > prescription drugs in Canada. You can walk into any
    > > pharmacy in Canada and buy them.
    > Matt, Not saying you are wrong but when did Novarapid and
    > Humolog stop being a prescription drug. Just curious. I
    > always get a script for my Novarapid. Will the insurance
    > company pay if you don`t have it on scripte because it is
    > then classed as an over the counter drug? hmmmmmm

    Humalog and NovoRapid have never been prescription in
    Canada. No insulin
    is.

    Banting and Best reqired, upon the sale of the formulas to
    Connaught Labs, that insulin be sold without prescription so
    as to remain available to anyone that needs it.

    The Americans drug companies and the FDA surmised that the 3
    newest insulins were far enough away from the original to
    require a prescription. There was also safety concerns
    because of the speed of the new bolus insulins. This is not
    the case in Canada. The Canadian government has remained
    true to Banting and Best's wishes.

    I got to know Humalog intimately long before getting a
    prescription. But I had to pay out of pocket. Most insurance
    companies require a prescription for drug coverage.

    A pharmacist with any brains would require some proof that
    you're a diabetic before selling you insulin. I had to show
    the pharmacist my Medic-Alert before he'd sell me Humalog
    years ago, and darn it, I knew the pharmacist (it wasn't
    where I got my prescriptions, though).

    Whether or not Lantus and Levemir will require a
    prescription remains to be seen, but I very much doubt it.

    Sooo....Come on up and buy your insulin here! I pay 53
    Canadian bucks for 5 cartridges of NovoRapid. Not a bad deal
    if you have to pay out of your own pocket.

    Vicki

  8. Matt Weber

    Matt Weber Guest

    On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 19:08:36 -0500, Vicki Beausoleil
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Mike Moffat wrote:
    >>
    >> "matt weber" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]...

    >> sell.

    >> > balony. Neither Humalog or Novolog/Novorapid are
    >> > prescription drugs in Canada. You can walk into any
    >> > pharmacy in Canada and buy them.
    >> Matt, Not saying you are wrong but when did Novarapid and
    >> Humolog stop being a prescription drug. Just curious. I
    >> always get a script for my Novarapid. Will the insurance
    >> company pay if you don`t have it on scripte because it is
    >> then classed as an over the counter drug? hmmmmmm
    At least in the USA, insurance will not pay for anything
    that isn't prescribed. So while most insulins in the USA are
    non-prescription, if you don't have a prescription,
    insurance won't pay.

    And actuall Novorapid/Novolag, Humalog and Lantus are not
    the only prescription insulins. All U500 insulins are also
    prescription. Admittedly they are about as common as hen's
    teeth. I actually have a bottle of U500 as a collectors
    Item. It is a 20cc vial, and comes in a red and white
    stripped box to make sure you never confuse it with
    U100...

    >Humalog and NovoRapid have never been prescription in
    >Canada. No insulin
    >is.

    For that matter, I belive the Glucagon emergency kit is also
    no prescription in Canada.

    >Banting and Best reqired, upon the sale of the formulas to
    >Connaught Labs, that insulin be sold without prescription
    >so as to remain available to anyone that needs it.
    >
    >The Americans drug companies and the FDA surmised that the
    >3 newest insulins were far enough away from the original to
    >require a prescription. There was also safety concerns
    >because of the speed of the new bolus insulins. This is not
    >the case in Canada. The Canadian government has remained
    >true to Banting and Best's wishes.
    >
    >I got to know Humalog intimately long before getting a
    >prescription. But I had to pay out of pocket. Most
    >insurance companies require a prescription for drug
    >coverage.
    >
    >A pharmacist with any brains would require some proof that
    >you're a diabetic before selling you insulin. I had to show
    >the pharmacist my Medic-Alert before he'd sell me Humalog
    >years ago, and darn it, I knew the pharmacist (it wasn't
    >where I got my prescriptions, though).
    >
    >Whether or not Lantus and Levemir will require a
    >prescription remains to be seen, but I very much doubt it.
    >
    >Sooo....Come on up and buy your insulin here! I pay 53
    >Canadian bucks for 5 cartridges of NovoRapid. Not a bad
    >deal if you have to pay out of your own pocket.
    (those are 3ml cartridges, and at 53 Canadian dollars, that
    is about 35% less then USA price)...

  9. Bignascarfan

    Bignascarfan Guest

    Humalog is for sale wo prescription at:
    http://www.canadapharmacy.com The last I looked it was $28/vial.

    I've ordered pork from them a lot. $10 shipping per order
    and about three days to arrive with cold packs.

    A lot of things, like nicorette patches, 222's(aspirin
    w/codeine), lidocaine cream, parafon forte, etc. are over
    the counter in Canada but prescription in the the States.

    Beav wrote:

    > "matt weber" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 07:01:57 +0000, Alan
    > > Mackenzie<[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > >Beav <[email protected]> wrote on Wed, 3
    > > >Mar 2004 20:26:52 -0000:

    > sell.

    > > >Where?

    > > balony. Neither Humalog or Novolog/Novorapid are
    > > prescription drugs in Canada. You can walk into any
    > > pharmacy in Canada and buy them.
    >
    > Are you sure about that Matt?
    >
    > Beav

  10. Vicki Beausoleil <[email protected]> wrote on Sat,
    19:08:36 -0500:

    > Humalog and NovoRapid have never been prescription in
    > Canada. No insulin is.

    > Banting and Best reqired, upon the sale of the formulas to
    > Connaught Labs, that insulin be sold without prescription
    > so as to remain available to anyone that needs it.

    I didn't know that. In what sense of "require" (who was
    obliged), and how did the requirement carry over to anybody
    who wasn't Connaught labs (like the drug regulating bodies,
    and so on)?

    > The Americans drug companies and the FDA surmised that the
    > 3 newest insulins were far enough away from the original
    > to require a prescription.

    You mean, they (like certain people here) take the view that
    they aren't insulin at all?

    > There was also safety concerns because of the speed of the
    > new bolus insulins. This is not the case in Canada.

    The Canadians being a slower steadier folk that their
    southern neighbours. :)

    > A pharmacist with any brains would require some proof that
    > you're a diabetic before selling you insulin.

    Or that your dog or mother-in-law is.

    > Sooo....Come on up and buy your insulin here! I pay 53
    > Canadian bucks for 5 cartridges of NovoRapid. Not a bad
    > deal if you have to pay out of your own pocket.

    Hmmm. I'd love to, but the air fares are a bit steep.

    --
    Alan Mackenzie (Munich, Germany) Email: [email protected]; to
    decode, wherever there is a repeated letter (like "aa"),
    remove half of them (leaving, say, "a").

  11. Beav

    Beav Guest

    "BigNascarFan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Humalog is for sale wo prescription at:
    > http://www.canadapharmacy.com The last I looked it was
    > $28/vial.
    >
    > I've ordered pork from them a lot. $10 shipping per order
    > and about three days to arrive with cold packs.
    >
    > A lot of things, like nicorette patches, 222's(aspirin
    > w/codeine), lidocaine cream, parafon forte, etc. are over
    > the counter in Canada but prescription in the the States.

    Good enough for me Nas. I WAS sure that Humalog was a
    script only item, but it seems that I was wrong. I can live
    with that.

    Cheers

    Beav

  12. Alan Mackenzie wrote:

    > Vicki Beausoleil <[email protected]> wrote on Sat,
    > 19:08:36 -0500:
    >
    > > Humalog and NovoRapid have never been prescription in
    > > Canada. No insulin is.
    >
    > > Banting and Best reqired, upon the sale of the formulas
    > > to Connaught Labs, that insulin be sold without
    > > prescription so as to remain available to anyone that
    > > needs it.
    >
    > I didn't know that. In what sense of "require" (who was
    > obliged), and how did the requirement carry over to
    > anybody who wasn't Connaught labs (like the drug
    > regulating bodies, and so on)?

    I don't think there was any 'require' - perhaps 'requested'
    would have been a more appropriate word. I don't know who
    the request was made to, probably the government. I do know
    that Dr. Banting was haunted by the wasting away and dying
    of children for many years before he started his research.
    That's why he got into it in the first place.

    > > The Americans drug companies and the FDA surmised that
    > > the 3 newest insulins were far enough away from the
    > > original to require a prescription.
    >
    > You mean, they (like certain people here) take the view
    > that they aren't insulin at all?
    >
    > > There was also safety concerns because of the speed of
    > > the new bolus insulins. This is not the case in Canada.
    >
    > The Canadians being a slower steadier folk that their
    > southern neighbours. :)

    Safety concerns were discussed here at length when Humalog
    first became available in the US. I think the US government
    (FDA) bowed to big Pharma's wishes. If a prescription is
    necessary, then a higher price can be charged. Probably
    boils down to a money issue.

    > > A pharmacist with any brains would require some proof
    > > that you're a diabetic before selling you insulin.
    >
    > Or that your dog or mother-in-law is.
    >
    > > Sooo....Come on up and buy your insulin here! I pay 53
    > > Canadian bucks for 5 cartridges of NovoRapid. Not a bad
    > > deal if you have to pay out of your own pocket.
    >
    > Hmmm. I'd love to, but the air fares are a bit steep.

    True enough :) I'd love to visit Munich, but I can barely
    afford to go to Montreal!

    -