"Humans 'very likely' making earth warmer" is wrong

Fred G. Mackey wrote:

> My brother and I once filled 70 trash bags with leaves and branches when
> I was a teenager. We used rakes. THat was before the advent of
> leaf-blowers.
>
> Apparently, people are unwilling to take care of their own yards in your
> town.

Actually, people rake or blow their yards and put the leaves at the curb
(we keep and compost ours), then the town picks them up. They are then
composted and residents can purchase a pickup truck load for $10. The
town will also freely deliver a full dump truck load (probably about 3
tons) of uncomposted leaves to anyone who wants it.

Why are you unable to mentally process this, and instead act like a
confrontational ignoramus?

Wayne

no spam wrote:

>>Such locations are supposed to have reduced speed warning signs so that
>>stopping from the reduced speed is possible. If these signs don't exist,
>>the transportation engineer in charge should be notified.

> Transportation engineer <BAHHH HAAA HAA COUGH!!> <wiping tears from my
> eyes> Oh man THAT IS A GOOD ONE. The county I came from didn't even have
> building inspector (note that is for the entire COUNTY) and you expect them
> to have a transportation engineer.
>
> As for the state roads the spot is well known because during the summer
> tourist season there is usually at least two MAJOR traffic accidents (one
> time involving a state trooper).
>
> The point is slow speed objects in a place where they are not expected are
> dangerous. It doesn't matter if the object is a car, tractor, bike or cow..

Wow. A state transportation department full of ingoramuses responsible
for a known hazardous situation that could easily be fixed.

Wayne

no spam wrote:

> I disagree on the target issue. Motorcyclist are the most in danger because
> people in cars seem to think that we are nothing but small cars and treat us
> that way. When a car over takes a walker or biker most of the time it will
> pull over to give extra room. When they pass a motorcycle they don't.

In 20 years of motorcycle riding, I've never been passed by another
driver in my same lane. So by definition every time I was overtaken the
driver moved over into the adjacent lane.

Wayne

Curtis L. Russell wrote:
> On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 15:42:04 -0500, "R.H. Allen" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>> You're just describing the centuries-old rift between Catholics and
>> Protestants (some of whom, primarily Lutherans, still accept the primacy
>> of the Pope). If I were Catholic I'm sure we could get into a heated
>> debate about it.

> I assume that you somehow mean that SOME Lutherans accept the primacy
> of the Pope.

Precisely. Sorry if my wording was confusing. Though I think that to say
they accept the *primacy* of the Pope is a bit strong -- they accept the
doctrine of apostolic succession, which opens the door to papal primacy,
but the degree to which such non-Catholic churches accept primacy varies
(and for the most part, the non-Catholic churches that accept this are
Eastern churches rather than Protestant ones).

> While I am not aware of any, and am aware that the three
> largest Lutheran churches in the U.S. do not, I guess it could be
> true. Like to hear the name of the Lutheran Church and where it is
> located. It could be true, but I doubt it.

As I recall, they call themselves Evangelical Lutherans, Evangelical
Catholic Lutherans, or some variation thereof. I guess a specific
example would be the Evangelical Community Church-Lutheran, an offshoot
of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod. They follow an episcopal polity,
their priests are ordained according to apostolic succession, and they
won't ordain women until such a time as the Pope okays it. Here's one I
was able to find in Kansas City via Google:

http://www.ecclnet.org/

>> Of course bikes aren't much use for us who live in the middle of no
>> where.

> So your silly stuff is just that, mindlessly silly stuff.

Tell you what, tell me how much use a bicycle is for me. Let's take buying
groceries. To get from my new place (closer to town now) to anything other
than a 'quickie mart' store (they don't tend to sell much in the line of
fresh veggies there) I first have to head down my driveway (just a couple
hundred yards) to the county 1 1/2 lane wide dirt road. Take it for about a
mile where I get to the paved county road, 2 lanes no shoulder. After about
3 miles on that I can get on a state highway and go only about 45 miles.
Yeah, I can see how me thinking a bicycle isn't much use for me is silly.

> You're just describing the centuries-old rift between Catholics and
> Protestants (some of whom, primarily Lutherans, still accept the primacy
> of the Pope). If I were Catholic I'm sure we could get into a heated
> debate about it.

>>> The Pope is just the figurehead of the church and does not make many
>>> decisions. It is the Cardinals that tell the Pope what to say.

> Nonsense. It is Catholic dogma to excommunicate anybody who challenges the
> Pope's primacy. The *nature* of his primacy can be debated, but his

If that were true then it seems to me that 90% of the US Catholics should be
kicked out. They are openly thumbing their noses at him and his teachings
on birth control, divorce and more.

> As I said, I'm not Catholic myself, but I've spent enough time with
> practicing Catholics to have learned a thing or two....

Ask them if they are following the teachings of the church on all things.
Only a handful of the "practicing Catholics" I have known through my life (I
dated one for a while) were what I would call true Catholics, i.e. following
the teachings of the church. The rest looked at them as guidelines not
rules.

>> Heck most of the Catholics I know don't even follow their own rules.

> Most of the "religious" people I know, regardless of faith, don't follow
> their own rules.

Which is my point. I'm telling you I'm a vegetarian but I eat pork, beef,
chicken and fish. Now am I a vegetarian or not?

I can tell you I'm a Catholic (not to pick on them but because we have been
talking about them) but I don't go to mass, have sex outside marriage, use
birth control and support abortion on demand. Now am I a Catholic?

To me the answer to both questions is a huge NO.

> That said, there's actually a process by which Catholics can formally
> question some of the tenets of the church without being excommunicated. I
> forget what it's called, what can be questioned, and the details about how
> it works, but it's an involved enough process that I'm guessing the people
> you're talking about are merely lapsed to some degree and not "officially"
> questioning the church.... :)

My point had very little to do with Catholics in specific. I picked them
because they are world known and I know a little about their religion. My
point was and is you can't condemn a group based on actions of people who
are only claiming to be members of that group.

When a car over takes a walker or biker most of the time it will
pull over to give extra room. When they pass a motorcycle they don't. It
also seems when a driver sees a bike or walker they keep an eye on them
until the car is clear. A motorcycle, if it is seen at all, seems to just
become part of the background.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Not so. The better you ride or move over the closer they feel they can come
and the faster they can pass you without sliding over into the left lane.
Have you been reading at all on this ng? : ) It is called buzzing.
Drivers with race car ambitions. Speed kills.
It is the being predictable dilemma that drivers take advantage of with
wreckless abandon with everyone. I must confess it is hard to turn things
your way. I find the only thing I can do is avoid traffic whenever I can.
Parks in Surrey let me do just that because they cover acres and acres with
bike trails running cross town.
Maybe we should target motorcyclists with a cycle to work campaign.
They probably suffer all the negative aspects of cycling but at higher
speed. Also, the criminal aspect of it even more.

IOW, there are no others or you would have posted them. Thank you for
helping proving my point.

>> Try reading the Bible yourself. > > Been there, done that,

And that's why you can't tell me any more rules Christ pointed out. Because
they ain't in there.

>likely before you were even born thanks.

I don't think you are anywhere THAT old.

> >> You will find out. > > Been there, done that, likely before you were
> >> even born thanks.

Another example to show your docs of you repeating yourself.

IOW, you are wrong but aren't man enough to admit it.

> >> We, Christians, are told to spread the word but if the people who hear
> >> the word turn a deaf ear we >> are to leave them. > > Pig ignorant lie.
> >> Have fun explaining what that fool did with the money changers.

What in the world does the money changers in the temple have to do with
spreading his msg? PLEASE see your doctors SOON. You are slipping much
faster than I first thought. Do you have a visiting nurse who could make
drive you to the clinic? If you don't have enough money to pay for your meds
contact your local church and they will be more than willing to help you
out.

>> I know it won't do any good because you have >> shown yourself to be a
>> closed minded bigot > > Never ever could ******** its way out of a wet
>> paper bag.

More repeating and proving my statements.

>> but read Matthew chapter 10 verses 11-14. > > Irrelevant to the other
>> stuff that fool DID that is nothing like that.

Now you can't even form coherent thoughts. Please explain what that is
supposed to mean?

Which translates to, can't support my side of the debate must run away, run
away.

> >> What's the difference in praying to a tree or some man claiming to be a
> >> profit or saying he has >> the way to perfection? > > An idea aint a
> >> religion, fool.

Just another word for the same thing. Do you believe in the big bang?

>> Remember the nuts who thought the space ship was following the comet? Are
>> you saying they were >> not a religion? > > Irrelevant to whether an idea
>> is a religion, fool.

Watch him run away. You'd think my arguments were killer white ribbits. Did
you soil your armor as well?

On Thu, 08 Feb 2007 13:29:55 -0500, "R.H. Allen" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Curtis L. Russell wrote:
>> On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 15:42:04 -0500, "R.H. Allen" <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> You're just describing the centuries-old rift between Catholics and
>>> Protestants (some of whom, primarily Lutherans, still accept the primacy
>>> of the Pope). If I were Catholic I'm sure we could get into a heated
>>> debate about it.

>> I assume that you somehow mean that SOME Lutherans accept the primacy
>> of the Pope.

>Precisely. Sorry if my wording was confusing. Though I think that to say
>they accept the *primacy* of the Pope is a bit strong -- they accept the
>doctrine of apostolic succession, which opens the door to papal primacy,
>but the degree to which such non-Catholic churches accept primacy varies
>(and for the most part, the non-Catholic churches that accept this are
>Eastern churches rather than Protestant ones).
>
>> While I am not aware of any, and am aware that the three
>> largest Lutheran churches in the U.S. do not, I guess it could be
>> true. Like to hear the name of the Lutheran Church and where it is
>> located. It could be true, but I doubt it.

>As I recall, they call themselves Evangelical Lutherans, Evangelical
>Catholic Lutherans, or some variation thereof. I guess a specific
>example would be the Evangelical Community Church-Lutheran, an offshoot
>of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod. They follow an episcopal polity,
>their priests are ordained according to apostolic succession, and they
>won't ordain women until such a time as the Pope okays it. Here's one I
>was able to find in Kansas City via Google:
>
>http://www.ecclnet.org/

The answer, then, is no, the major Lutheran Churches do not recognize
the primacy of the Pope. The Missouri Synod specifically rejects
apostolic succession. The Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod does
not AFAIK recognize it (coming from the MS).

Apostolic succession as recognized by the Lutheran churches does NOT
in any way recognize the primacy of the Pope - rather, it is a claim
that the sources of the church go back in succession to Peter. That
does not in anyway make the current Pope his avatar. So, no, apostolic
succession does not equal papal primacy.

The small church that you indicated does show deference to the Roman
Catholic church and the Pope. It can't hold some of the listed dogma
and doctrine and hold belief in the primacy of the Pope without
reservation. And while it is evidently HQ'd and started in Missouri, I
rather doubt much connection to the Missouri Synod. If they came from
there, they would have had to reconstitute apostolic succession.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Deputy Dumbya Dawg wrote:
> "Bill Baka" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> : It would probably be easy to
> get stretch limo up
> : to 35 MPG as long as it stayed at 65 MPH.

I don't know about THAT. You might be able to *design* one that does so,
but you'd probably have to sacrifice a lot of things that are desirable
in a stretch limo. Perhaps engine power, perhaps interior space (to
allow for improved aerodynamics) ... just pulling things off the top of
my head.

> I may agree with you if this limo was in space but here
> on earth with gravity your argument does not hold
> water. The more weight (mass affected by the force of
> gravity) the more friction and the more energy to
> maintain the velocity.

No. You're neglecting inertia. A moving object tends to keep moving, and
if it's heavy it's harder to stop than if it's light.

> If you have your lime at 65mph
> and you stop putting energy into it, it will slow down
> and stop.

Yes.

> The more mass in the limo the faster it
> stops.

No. Let's ignore aerodynamic drag for a moment and pretend that the only
force slowing the car down is rolling resistance. The rolling resistance
of a car tire on asphalt is about 3% of the car's weight. Thus, the
deceleration force on a 1000kg car is 300N, and the deceleration force
on a 2000kg car is 600N. By Newton's second law, the first car
decelerates at a rate of 300N / 1000kg = 0.3 m/s^2, and the second
decelerates at a rate of 600N / 2000kg = 0.3 m/s^2. In other words, both
cars slow at the same rate.

Rolling resistance does increase with velocity, but on two identical
vehicles it will increase by the same amount for each, so the result
will be the same -- both vehicles will slow at the same rate.

Now it *is* true that the more weight you put on a tire, the larger its
contact patch with the ground. This *might* increase the coefficient of
rolling resistance, but only very slightly if at all (the material the
tire is made from and the surface it's rolling on have far greater
influence on rolling resistance). Let's say it's 3.1% for the heavier
car instead of 3% -- almost certainly an overestimate -- which would
produce a force of 620N. Over the course of a mile, that would require
32,000J of extra energy compared to the lighter car to maintain constant
speed.

Let's say the lighter car gets 30 mpg and both cars transfer energy from
the gasoline to the road at 25% efficiency. There are 120 million joules
in a gallon of unleaded gasoline, so 40 million joules are burnt each
mile. The extra 32,000J the heavier car requires each mile correspond to
128,000J/mile of extra gasoline. Therefore, the extra weight degrades
the car's mileage to 29.9 mpg. The difference of 0.1 mpg may as well be
zero considering that it's an overestimate to begin with, and that other
factors such as driving habits and regular vehicle maintenance (or lack
thereof) make a far greater difference in mileage than that.

Now if you factor in aerodynamic drag, both vehicles -- being identical
aside from weight -- will face the same drag force. They will expend the
same amount of energy overcoming it to maintain a constant speed.
However, if you let your foot off the gas and coast to a stop, you'll
find the heavier car coasts farther. I refer you back to Netwon's second
law to understand why.

no spam wrote:
> Top posting to save time.

I bottom-post and snip to save everybody's time.

> How have you lived this long with expectations this high? Being a
> motorcycle rider I expect the opposite, 100% of the car drivers are out
> there to kill me. That type of thinking has saved many times.

I also assume I'm invisible, which for all practical purposes I am.
Amazing how many drivers get away with the "Officer, I just didn't see
him when I made my left turn in front of him when he had the right of
way..." explanation.

Day-glo is your friend. It makes it more difficult for them to claim
blindness.

--
Cheers, Bev
===================================

>>>Such locations are supposed to have reduced speed warning signs so that
>>>stopping from the reduced speed is possible. If these signs don't exist,
>>>the transportation engineer in charge should be notified.

>> Transportation engineer <BAHHH HAAA HAA COUGH!!> <wiping tears from my
>> eyes> Oh man THAT IS A GOOD ONE. The county I came from didn't even have
>> building inspector (note that is for the entire COUNTY) and you expect
>> them to have a transportation engineer.
>>
>> As for the state roads the spot is well known because during the summer
>> tourist season there is usually at least two MAJOR traffic accidents (one
>> time involving a state trooper).
>>
>> The point is slow speed objects in a place where they are not expected
>> are dangerous. It doesn't matter if the object is a car, tractor, bike
>> or cow..

> Wow. A state transportation department full of ingoramuses responsible for
> a known hazardous situation that could easily be fixed.

Have you ever tried dealing with a state department? Been there (several
times) and didn't even get a lousy tee shirt. I was sure that after in one
year a trooper had been rear ended and a motorcyclist KILLED at that
intersection something would be done. I was on that same road last year and
there was a change. . .they repainted the lines.

Remember you can't sue the state w/o its permission.

>> I disagree on the target issue. Motorcyclist are the most in danger
>> because
>> people in cars seem to think that we are nothing but small cars and treat
>> us that way. When a car over takes a walker or biker most of the time it
>> will pull over to give extra room. When they pass a motorcycle they
>> don't.

> In 20 years of motorcycle riding, I've never been passed by another driver
> in my same lane. So by definition every time I was overtaken the driver
> moved over into the adjacent lane.

You will note I said EXTRA ROOM. On a 4 lane road most cars will move to
the far left (passing) lane if they can when they see a bike on the
shoulder. Most cars seem to just clear the line when passing me on the
motorcycle.

>>That's because they didn't hand harvest nor have to try to plan on how
>>much
>>corn to plant to harvest enough to feed ever how many chickens, hogs,
>>ducks,
>>etc.

> Hell, they didn't do it for the garden in the back, either. And, yes,
> it was handharvested, whatever that has to do with anything. Corn
> yield is a ridicuolous thing to count based on seeds planted - maybe

Because when you are hand harvesting to feed the critters which will keep
you from going hungry you want to make sure you get each and every ear.
That means you check each stalk even when you know that the odds of finding
a second ear is very small.

> especially for a back acre garden. BTW, you do know that the corn
> generally used to feed the livestock has very little to do with the
> corn generally grown as food for humans?

Yes. IIRC, there are three basic types. Corn for livestock, corn for
direct consumption (on cob, canned, etc) and corn for indirect consumption
(meal, oil, etc)

We grew field corn (mostly for livestock) and sweet corn (mostly for humans)
we did share some :) Ever had parched field corn? Good stuff.

> Maybe we just didn't know how to do things in Kansas, but we did grow
> a fair amount of corn before soybeans took over.

Cotton was king for us. Corn was grown for our use. I do know that we'd
been very happy to get more than one ear per stalk (tried saving seeds from
those to replant but not much luck) because that would have meant less land
in corn and more in cotton and therefore more money in the bank.

"Curtis L. Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Thu, 08 Feb 2007 15:31:04 GMT, "no spam" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>First, you failed to answer my main questions, who gets to pick who
>>breeds?

> I do. Unfortunately, part two, where I tried to pick the "who with"
> got me an elbow in the face. Still have the broken nose...

Well there's another use for corn. Grind it up, add a little sugar, water
and a few other things. Do something in the barn that you don't tell many
folks about then apply results to said 'who'. Not fool proof but can
improve your odds a tad.

Wayne Pein wrote:

> More on drivers out to kill and collide with others! Yes, there are a
> very few psychotics out there. Am I going to assume they are after me?
> No. Should anybody assume that? No. If you did, then you'd have to yield
> inappropriately at every junction out of fear that the boogey man had
> finally found you.

Have you ever actually driven a motorcycle? You've never seen somebody
deliberately open a door in front of you? Yeah, I know that's what
happened -- the little shithead was looking right at me and laughing
when he did it.

> I think a safer and more realistic attitude is to assume that people
> don't want to hit you, but might make a mistake and accidentally do so.
> So you drive your vehicle in such a way as to mitigate that risk.

Yeahyeahyeah, but it's a lot more efficient to just assume the worst --
active malevolence -- and plan accordingly. Evil or stupid, you're just
as dead.

--
Cheers, Bev
===================================

[email protected]lid wrote:

> When I am driving, I don't have time nor
> appropriate facilities to evaluate the reasons for the risk they
> present, nor is it germane. There are far too many drivers repeatedly
> and consistently "making a mistake". Those drivers rely on my assumption
> that they are (pick one or more: stupid, psycho, emotionally unfit,
> inexperienced, inebriated, etc., etc., etc.) to avoid the collisions
> which their (pick one or more: neglect, distraction, aggression, etc.,
> etc., etc.) would otherwise cause.

I'm constantly amazed at how much reliance total strangers place on MY
brakes.

> Practically every police agency in the nation has data indicating that
> almost *all* vehicular "accidents" (GOD, I HATE that term) are
> AVOIDABLE.

> That means that when "accidents" happen, they happen because drivers
> don't want to avoid them. Ergo, most "accidents" happen because the
> driver at fault wishes, at some level, for them to happen.

More likely too stupid or careless to try to prevent them from
happening. Do not attribute to malevolence etc...

--
Cheers, Bev
===================================
New sig on order, watch this space.

R.H. Allen <[email protected]> wrote:
> Curtis L. Russell wrote:
>> On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 15:42:04 -0500, "R.H. Allen" <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> You're just describing the centuries-old rift between Catholics and
>>> Protestants (some of whom, primarily Lutherans, still accept the
>>> primacy of the Pope). If I were Catholic I'm sure we could get into
>>> a heated debate about it.

>> I assume that you somehow mean that SOME Lutherans accept the primacy
>> of the Pope.

> Precisely. Sorry if my wording was confusing. Though I think that to
> say they accept the *primacy* of the Pope is a bit strong -- they
> accept the doctrine of apostolic succession, which opens the door to
> papal primacy, but the degree to which such non-Catholic churches
> accept primacy varies (and for the most part, the non-Catholic
> churches that accept this are Eastern churches rather than Protestant
> ones).
>> While I am not aware of any, and am aware that the three
>> largest Lutheran churches in the U.S. do not, I guess it could be
>> true. Like to hear the name of the Lutheran Church and where it is
>> located. It could be true, but I doubt it.

> As I recall, they call themselves Evangelical Lutherans, Evangelical
> Catholic Lutherans, or some variation thereof. I guess a specific
> example would be the Evangelical Community Church-Lutheran, an
> offshoot of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod. They follow an
> episcopal polity, their priests are ordained according to apostolic
> succession, and they won't ordain women until such a time as the Pope
> okays it.

Fark, I thought I'd seen it all. Guess its not much worse than the
considerable number of episcopalians and anglicans that jump
ship back to that obscenity, the roman catholic church, tho.

> Here's one I was able to find in Kansas City via Google:

> http://www.ecclnet.org/

They should be burnt at the stake.

>> You're just describing the centuries-old rift between Catholics and
>> Protestants (some of whom, primarily Lutherans, still accept the
>> primacy of the Pope). If I were Catholic I'm sure we could get into
>> a heated debate about it.

>> Nonsense. It is Catholic dogma to excommunicate anybody who challenges the Pope's primacy. The
>> *nature* of his primacy can be debated, but his

> If that were true then it seems to me that 90% of the US Catholics
> should be kicked out. They are openly thumbing their noses at him
> and his teachings on birth control, divorce and more.

They arent as hard line as the worst of you rabid fundys.

They have confession for a reason, stupid.

>> As I said, I'm not Catholic myself, but I've spent enough time with practicing Catholics to have
>> learned a thing or two....

> Ask them if they are following the teachings of the church on all things.

Only rabid fanantics ever do that.

> Only a handful of the "practicing Catholics" I have known through my life (I dated one for a
> while) were what I would call true Catholics, i.e. following the teachings of the church. The
> rest looked at them as guidelines not rules.

And that has always been one way of doing a religion.

Doesnt stop it being a religion and plenty of protestant cults operate like that too.

>>> Heck most of the Catholics I know don't even follow their own rules.

>> Most of the "religious" people I know, regardless of faith, don't follow their own rules.

> Which is my point. I'm telling you I'm a vegetarian but I eat pork, beef, chicken and fish. Now
> am I a vegetarian or not?

It aint that black and white with stuff like eating fish on fridays.

> I can tell you I'm a Catholic (not to pick on them but because we have been talking about them)
> but I don't go to mass,

It aint that black and white either. What about only going occasionally ?

> have sex outside marriage, use birth control and support abortion on demand. Now am I a Catholic?

Corse you are if you decide that the ban on birth control is stupid.

> To me the answer to both questions is a huge NO.

Yeah, but you are a rabid fanatic.

You dont see many of those in the roman catholic church
anymore, most of those turned into protestants instead.

>> That said, there's actually a process by which Catholics can formally question some of the tenets
>> of the church without being
>> excommunicated. I forget what it's called, what can be questioned,
>> and the details about how it works, but it's an involved enough
>> process that I'm guessing the people you're talking about are merely
>> lapsed to some degree and not "officially" questioning the church.... :)

> My point had very little to do with Catholics in specific. I picked
> them because they are world known and I know a little about their
> religion. My point was and is you can't condemn a group based on
> actions of people who are only claiming to be members of that group.

But you can condemn a group which is stuffed with rabid fanatics like you.

>>> Depends on where you are.

>> Nope, and its certainly not true of where you are, or where he is either.

>>> Seems to me that they are in some cities. I used to have a vid clip of an Asian city showing
>>> what looked thousands of bikes on a round about.

>> Pity that fool that got nailed up by the romans aint asian.

>>> I don't think there's a US city with that many bikes in total much less on the road at the same
>>> time.

>> So your silly stuff is just that, mindlessly silly stuff.

>>> Of course bikes aren't much use for us who live in the middle of no where.

>> So your silly stuff is just that, mindlessly silly stuff.

> Tell you what, tell me how much use a bicycle is for me.

Irrelevant to that mindlessly silly stuff of yours above that you carefully
and dishonestly deleted from the quoting and I have restored.

> Let's take buying groceries. To get from my new place (closer to town now) to anything other than
> a 'quickie mart' store (they don't tend to sell
> much in the line of fresh veggies there) I first have to head down my
> driveway (just a couple hundred yards) to the county 1 1/2 lane wide
> dirt road. Take it for about a mile where I get to the paved county
> road, 2 lanes no shoulder. After about 3 miles on that I can get on
> a state highway and go only about 45 miles. Yeah, I can see how me
> thinking a bicycle isn't much use for me is silly.

Irrelevant to that mindlessly silly stuff of yours above that you carefully
and dishonestly deleted from the quoting and I have restored.

What was being discussed was what that fool that was stupid enough to
be nailed up by the romans would use for transportation, not what you use.