Hummer bikes

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Bomba, Apr 7, 2003.

  1. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Jeep bike a bit too heavy for you? Too many alloys? Try the new Hummer bike!

    A mere 29lbs*, the Hummer folds up so you can, um, fold it up if you want to. Only 5 alloys! This
    gives a alloy to price ratio of $149.80!

    One can be yours now for only 749 of your US Dollar! Don't delay! Call today!

    http://www.homegymcentral.com/pages/montague/hummer.aspx#

    * - may not be actual weight.

    Tags:

  2. Mx-Pilot

    Mx-Pilot Guest

    hummers are sooo good. "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Jeep bike a bit too heavy for you? Too many alloys? Try the new Hummer bike!
    >
    > A mere 29lbs*, the Hummer folds up so you can, um, fold it up if you want to. Only 5 alloys! This
    > gives a alloy to price ratio of $149.80!
    >
    > One can be yours now for only 749 of your US Dollar! Don't delay! Call today!
    >
    > http://www.homegymcentral.com/pages/montague/hummer.aspx#
    >
    > * - may not be actual weight.

  3. David L

    David L Guest

    Military Spec. Aluminum 7005 Series Front and Rear Triangle... WTF makes it military spec. And whose
    military are we talking about, if its Canada's military this bike will never make it out of the box.

    Dave

    > Jeep bike a bit too heavy for you? Too many alloys? Try the new Hummer bike!
    >
    > A mere 29lbs*, the Hummer folds up so you can, um, fold it up if you want to. Only 5 alloys! This
    > gives a alloy to price ratio of $149.80!
    >
    > One can be yours now for only 749 of your US Dollar! Don't delay! Call today!
    >
    > http://www.homegymcentral.com/pages/montague/hummer.aspx#
    >
    > * - may not be actual weight.

  4. bomba says:

    >Try the new Hummer bike!

    "Tactical", huh? I suppose if you had enough strength to throw it at someone, it could be so
    described.....

  5. John Harlow

    John Harlow Guest

    > hummers are sooo good.

    No doubt. But what does that have to do with bicycles?

  6. Mx-Pilot

    Mx-Pilot Guest

    well you can sneak through airducts with it then pop down at saddam , then ride off with his
    concupines

    > bomba says:
    >
    > >Try the new Hummer bike!
    >
    > "Tactical", huh? I suppose if you had enough strength to throw it at
    someone,
    > it could be so described.....

  7. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    > Jeep bike a bit too heavy for you? Too many alloys? Try the new Hummer bike!
    >
    > A mere 29lbs*, the Hummer folds up so you can, um, fold it up if you want to. Only 5 alloys! This
    > gives a alloy to price ratio of $149.80!
    >
    > One can be yours now for only 749 of your US Dollar! Don't delay! Call today!
    >
    > http://www.homegymcentral.com/pages/montague/hummer.aspx#
    >
    > * - may not be actual weight.

    I can't believe I'm saying this, but it really isn't that bad a deal! One would think the name alone
    would jack the price up to $1500 or so...

    Bill "ran into a friend at Performance Sunday who had a brand-new H2 hogging up the lot. Thing was
    friggin' HUGE" S.

  8. Mx-Pilot

    Mx-Pilot Guest

    the H2 is the baby hummer for cheapskates.

    > "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Jeep bike a bit too heavy for you? Too many alloys? Try the new Hummer bike!
    > >
    > > A mere 29lbs*, the Hummer folds up so you can, um, fold it up if you want to. Only 5 alloys!
    > > This gives a alloy to price ratio of $149.80!
    > >
    > > One can be yours now for only 749 of your US Dollar! Don't delay! Call today!
    > >
    > > http://www.homegymcentral.com/pages/montague/hummer.aspx#
    > >
    > > * - may not be actual weight.
    >
    > I can't believe I'm saying this, but it really isn't that bad a deal! One would think the name
    > alone would jack the price up to $1500 or so...
    >
    > Bill "ran into a friend at Performance Sunday who had a brand-new H2
    hogging
    > up the lot. Thing was friggin' HUGE" S.

  9. Pete

    Pete Guest

    > Jeep bike a bit too heavy for you? Too many alloys? Try the new Hummer bike!
    >
    > A mere 29lbs*, the Hummer folds up so you can, um, fold it up if you want to. Only 5 alloys! This
    > gives a alloy to price ratio of $149.80!
    >
    > One can be yours now for only 749 of your US Dollar! Don't delay! Call today!
    >
    > http://www.homegymcentral.com/pages/montague/hummer.aspx#
    >
    > * - may not be actual weight.

    Merely a rebadged Montague http://www.montagueco.com/

    The Hummer name and yellow paint adds an extra $200 over the regular Montague.

    Pete

  10. Westie

    Westie Guest

    "David L" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Military Spec. Aluminum 7005 Series Front and Rear Triangle... WTF makes
    it
    > military spec. And whose military are we talking about, if its Canada's military this
    bike
    > will never make it out of the box.
    >
    > Dave

    It will if they intend to drop them on people from a great height.
    --
    Westie

  11. Mx-Pilot

    Mx-Pilot Guest

    yeah saw that in maxim

    then this hummer one is just like the grand cherokees.

    "Pete" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Jeep bike a bit too heavy for you? Too many alloys? Try the new Hummer bike!
    > >
    > > A mere 29lbs*, the Hummer folds up so you can, um, fold it up if you want to. Only 5 alloys!
    > > This gives a alloy to price ratio of $149.80!
    > >
    > > One can be yours now for only 749 of your US Dollar! Don't delay! Call today!
    > >
    > > http://www.homegymcentral.com/pages/montague/hummer.aspx#
    > >
    > > * - may not be actual weight.
    > >

    > Merely a rebadged Montague http://www.montagueco.com/
    >
    > The Hummer name and yellow paint adds an extra $200 over the regular Montague.
    >
    > Pete

  12. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    MX-Pilot wrote:
    > the H2 is the baby hummer for cheapskates.

    It's still a stupid ass behemoth of a vehicle for top posting morons.

    Greg

  13. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Everyone shouldn't laugh, and if you were more experienced in the sport you might realize these
    bikes are used by OUR military, as featured in Bicycling Mag. Check this:

    http://www.militarybikes.com/military.html

    "David L" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Military Spec. Aluminum 7005 Series Front and Rear Triangle... WTF makes
    it
    > military spec. And whose military are we talking about, if its Canada's military this
    bike
    > will never make it out of the box.
    >
    > Dave
    >

    > "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Jeep bike a bit too heavy for you? Too many alloys? Try the new Hummer bike!
    > >
    > > A mere 29lbs*, the Hummer folds up so you can, um, fold it up if you want to. Only 5 alloys!
    > > This gives a alloy to price ratio of $149.80!
    > >
    > > One can be yours now for only 749 of your US Dollar! Don't delay! Call today!
    > >
    > > http://www.homegymcentral.com/pages/montague/hummer.aspx#
    > >
    > > * - may not be actual weight.

  14. John Spann

    John Spann Guest

    MX-Pilot wrote:
    > well you can sneak through airducts with it then pop down at saddam , then ride off with his
    > concupines
    >

    > "Stephen Baker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>bomba says:
    >>

    >>>Try the new Hummer bike!
    >>
    >>"Tactical", huh? I suppose if you had enough strength to throw it at
    >
    > someone,
    >
    >>it could be so described.....

    Is a concupine something like a spiny common-law wife?

    John Spann

  15. Pete

    Pete Guest

    "Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Everyone shouldn't laugh, and if you were more experienced in the sport
    you
    > might realize these bikes are used by OUR military, as featured in
    Bicycling
    > Mag. Check this:
    >
    > http://www.militarybikes.com/military.html

    http://www.natick.army.mil/warrior/95/nov/bikes.htm "On October 30 engineers from SSCOM's Natick
    Research, Development and Engineering Center (NRDEC) conducted a preliminary evaluation of mountain
    bikes for military application at Ashland State Forest." [this appears to be from Nov. 1995]

    "NRDEC is evaluating two mountain bikes, the Montague mountain bike and the Hanebrink Extreme
    Terrain Bike. " [other snippage]

    Pete

    > "David L" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Military Spec. Aluminum 7005 Series Front and Rear Triangle... WTF makes
    > it
    > > military spec. And whose military are we talking about, if its Canada's military this
    > bike
    > > will never make it out of the box.
    > >
    > > Dave
    > >

    > > "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > > Jeep bike a bit too heavy for you? Too many alloys? Try the new
    Hummer
    > > > bike!
    > > >
    > > > A mere 29lbs*, the Hummer folds up so you can, um, fold it up if you want to. Only 5 alloys!
    > > > This gives a alloy to price ratio of
    $149.80!

    > > > One can be yours now for only 749 of your US Dollar! Don't delay!
    Call
    > > > today!
    > > >
    > > > http://www.homegymcentral.com/pages/montague/hummer.aspx#
    > > >
    > > > * - may not be actual weight.

  16. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Everyone shouldn't laugh, and if you were more experienced in the sport
    you
    > might realize these bikes are used by OUR military, as featured in
    Bicycling
    > Mag. Check this:
    >
    > http://www.militarybikes.com/military.html

    Oh hell OUR military is riding, flying, floating or submerging on/in stuff all made by the lowest
    bidder. ;^)

    Mike

  17. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
    > Military Spec. Aluminum 7005 Series Front and Rear Triangle... WTF makes it military spec. And
    > whose military are we talking about, if its Canada's military this bike will never make it out of
    > the box.
    >
    > Dave

    If the US military really did buy those Montague folding bikes like they say on
    http://www.militarybikes.com/, then I'll be the first Canadian into Iraq because that POS is going
    to need a good Canadian mechanic and a MIG welder to make it to Baghdad.
    --
    _________________________

  18. In article <[email protected]>, sail[email protected] says...
    > bomba says:
    >
    > >Try the new Hummer bike!
    >
    > "Tactical", huh? I suppose if you had enough strength to throw it at someone, it could be so
    > described.....

    See if you fold it the other way, it's a mortar launcher.
    --
    _________________________

  19. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
    > Everyone shouldn't laugh, and if you were more experienced in the sport you might realize these
    > bikes are used by OUR military, as featured in Bicycling Mag. Check this:
    >
    > http://www.militarybikes.com/military.html

    And I saw one of them this week in my shop. Decked out int he latest RST fork and Shimano Altus
    components. The owner said he's on his 3rd quick release skewer (the one that holds the bike
    together). I wouldn't spend money on one of these, if I got one free as part of my "military
    education" then I might keep it...in the trunk.

    --
    _________________________

  20. Supabonbon

    Supabonbon Guest

    > "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Jeep bike a bit too heavy for you? Too many alloys? Try the new Hummer bike!
    > >
    > > A mere 29lbs*, the Hummer folds up so you can, um, fold it up if you want to. Only 5 alloys!
    > > This gives a alloy to price ratio of $149.80!
    > >
    > > One can be yours now for only 749 of your US Dollar! Don't delay! Call today!
    > >
    > > http://www.homegymcentral.com/pages/montague/hummer.aspx#
    > >
    > > * - may not be actual weight.
    >
    > I can't believe I'm saying this, but it really isn't that bad a deal! One would think the name
    > alone would jack the price up to $1500 or so...
    >
    > Bill "ran into a friend at Performance Sunday who had a brand-new H2 hogging up the lot. Thing was
    > friggin' HUGE" S.

    It's 'only' $750 because it's not a real Humvee. If it was, it would weigh 300 pounds, have downhill
    tires, no big chainring, and, as a result, require an unnecessarily vast amount of food and energy
    bars to ride on the sidewalk. /s