Hummer folding bike

jackstone5291

Jul 18, 2007
I was wondering if anybody has ever ridden a Hummer bike. Im looking for any information on them at all. Thanks for your time.

Montague sells a number of bikes with the same frame type. The CX has a very poor parts package and is in my opinion not worth the money (I am an owner and had to upgrade most every part beyond the fram and handle bars, ultimate cost $850). The Hummer has a decent midrange parts package.

The frame is solid as a hybrid/touring/light offroad frame, especially for heavy riders, in my opinon. If you plan real offroad stuff get a different bike. The frame will not accept many fenders and racks. The frame is fairly heavy. It would be better for touring if it did not have the front suspension. The frame has vertical dropouts so IG hubs would be difficult.

As a folding bike it is ok. It can be stored in the cargo area of trains and buses, and the trunk of most cars. It will be rejected by most municipal buses. It does not meet the minimumn standard of some airlines for checked baggage size, I have never flown with it. The folding is not particulary easy, nor is it compact. The front wheel/fender needs to be removed.

If you want a folding bike consider a 20" like xooter swift, dahon mu xl, Bike Friday, perhaps 18" Birdy.

If you are a small person consider a standard bike with a small frame or a bike with 24" wheels. You might be surprised how small they get if you pop off the wheels and headset.

If money is no problem sandsmachine.com.

The Swivel head is interesting as a full sized bike if it is ever sold.
http://www.mingcycle.com.tw/about00.htm