Hummer makes bicycles too

cfsmtb said:
We were considering a birdy or bike friday, but wait, there's yet another folding bike manufacturer ...

http://www.hummerbikes.com/

Wow the things you find at 1.20am on Saturday morn.

A "tactical" MTB, huh? I have to confess, I'm at a bit of a loss trying to find a way to apply that particular adjective to a bike. It seems a bit odd to promote a *folding* bike as an accessory for one of the largest 4WDs on the market. Surely they're not that short on cargo space?

Resound wrote:
> Surely they're not that short on cargo space?

Well, I don't know about bummers, but have you seen the local add for a
$wd where they demonstrate its large boot/cargo size by showing some
lycra lout coming straight off the muddy trails and inserting a muddy mtb.

AS IF! As if any $wd owner is going to put anything muddy into the
phallic replacement machine.

Anyway, the funny bit, is that this is only possible if you fold the
back seats down.

On 2006-03-25, bear (aka Bruce)
> Resound wrote:
>> Surely they're not that short on cargo space?

> Well, I don't know about bummers, but have you seen the local add for a
> $wd where they demonstrate its large boot/cargo size by showing some

^^^

Is that a tyop? If so, such an appropriate one. It's as if keyboard
designers 30 years ago thought -- hmmm, 4WDs will be the next
expensive big thing, lets put a '$' as the shifted version of '4'.

--
TimC

TimC wrote:

> Is that a tyop?

Is this? ^^^ {:)

Nope, I deliberately typed $WD instead of 4wd.
but noticed what you said when I was typing it {:).

bear wrote:

> Resound wrote:
> > Surely they're not that short on cargo space?

> Well, I don't know about bummers, but have you seen the local add for a
> $wd where they demonstrate its large boot/cargo size by showing some
> lycra lout coming straight off the muddy trails and inserting a muddy mtb.
>
> AS IF! As if any $wd owner is going to put anything muddy into the
> phallic replacement machine.
>
> Anyway, the funny bit, is that this is only possible if you fold the
> back seats down.

That's gold.

Either my MTB or my road bike fit can be placed into my car, without
taking a wheel off, if I put the back seat down.

And I have a Mitsubishi Lancer from way back 1990, when it was still
classed as a small car!

Tam

On 2006-03-27, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
> bear wrote:
>> Anyway, the funny bit, is that this is only possible if you fold the
>> back seats down.

> That's gold.
>
> Either my MTB or my road bike fit can be placed into my car, without
> taking a wheel off, if I put the back seat down.
>
> And I have a Mitsubishi Lancer from way back 1990, when it was still
> classed as a small car!

AOL with a 1982 mitsubishi colt. I keep trying to convince GPlama who
wants one of those evil SUV things.

--
TimC
A debugged program is one for which you have not yet found the