Humor (?): Landis's next claim

Bob Dole

Guest
Assuming Floyd's test results did show synthetic testosterone, what
might the next story be?

Some possibilities:

1. Domestique takes it for the team: An aging Phonak domestique claims
responsibility ("I put some in his beer hoping to make him feel
better"). The domestique later has a long career in the hearing aid
industry. Floyd loses TdF crown, but he and Grand Tours keep shred of
dignity.

2. The devil (weed) made me do it: After several beers and much Jack
Daniels, Floyd wanted a cigarette. But, concerned about the effect on
his lungs, he decided to use a nicotine patch instead. Confused
pharmacist looking for "t" (tabac) patch gave him "T" (Testosterone)
patch instead.

3. Eat dirt: Floyd blames results of carbon isotope test on the
different carbon isotopes common in Lancaster County, PA. (lots of coal
in Pennsylvania) and says he ate a lot of dirt as a kid.

Feel free to add. No need to let any facts stand in the way of an
entertaining theory.

"Bob Dole" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Assuming Floyd's test results did show synthetic testosterone, what
> might the next story be?
>
> Some possibilities:
>>

> 3. Eat dirt: Floyd blames results of carbon isotope test on the
> different carbon isotopes common in Lancaster County, PA. (lots of coal
> in Pennsylvania) and says he ate a lot of dirt as a kid.

It was the Lebanon bologna--good stuff.

Bob Dole wrote:
> Assuming Floyd's test results did show synthetic testosterone, what
> might the next story be?
>
> Some possibilities:
>
> 1. Domestique takes it for the team: An aging Phonak domestique claims
> responsibility ("I put some in his beer hoping to make him feel
> better"). The domestique later has a long career in the hearing aid
> industry. Floyd loses TdF crown, but he and Grand Tours keep shred of
> dignity.
>
> 2. The devil (weed) made me do it: After several beers and much Jack
> Daniels, Floyd wanted a cigarette. But, concerned about the effect on
> his lungs, he decided to use a nicotine patch instead. Confused
> pharmacist looking for "t" (tabac) patch gave him "T" (Testosterone)
> patch instead.
>
> 3. Eat dirt: Floyd blames results of carbon isotope test on the
> different carbon isotopes common in Lancaster County, PA. (lots of coal
> in Pennsylvania) and says he ate a lot of dirt as a kid.
>
> Feel free to add. No need to let any facts stand in the way of an
> entertaining theory.

A couple of cases like that were reported in the book "Breaking the
Chain":

1. There was a urine switch, but the urine of a van driver was used
and the driver had recently used speed.

2. A cyclist took some stuff from a sognier on another team, a guy
who had a reputation for dirty tricks, giving opposing cyclist dope
that would show up on a test.

"Bob Dole" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:
[email protected]...
> Assuming Floyd's test results did show synthetic testosterone, what
> might the next story be?
>
> Some possibilities:
>
> 1. Domestique takes it for the team: An aging Phonak domestique claims
> responsibility ("I put some in his beer hoping to make him feel
> better"). The domestique later has a long career in the hearing aid
> industry. Floyd loses TdF crown, but he and Grand Tours keep shred of
> dignity.
>
> 2. The devil (weed) made me do it: After several beers and much Jack
> Daniels, Floyd wanted a cigarette. But, concerned about the effect on
> his lungs, he decided to use a nicotine patch instead. Confused
> pharmacist looking for "t" (tabac) patch gave him "T" (Testosterone)
> patch instead.
>
> 3. Eat dirt: Floyd blames results of carbon isotope test on the
> different carbon isotopes common in Lancaster County, PA. (lots of coal
> in Pennsylvania) and says he ate a lot of dirt as a kid.
>
> Feel free to add. No need to let any facts stand in the way of an
> entertaining theory.

Thinking better, it was not Jack Daniels, but Jacques Danielle, a French
white wine....

Bob Dole said:
[...]

This is so funny because you don't know how true one of your statements is. In the 2004 off season Froid was having a difficult loosing weight so he was placing Nicorette patches on his arms to speed his metabolism.

>> 2. The devil (weed) made me do it: After several beers and much Jack
>> Daniels, Floyd wanted a cigarette. But, concerned about the effect on
>> his lungs, he decided to use a nicotine patch instead. Confused
>> pharmacist looking for "t" (tabac) patch gave him "T" (Testosterone)
>> patch instead.

>This is so funny because you don't know how true one of your statements
>is. In the 2004 off season Froid was having a difficult loosing weight
>so he was placing Nicorette patches on his arms to speed his
>metabolism.

No stranger to doping then, eh !

On 1 Aug 2006 02:48:49 -0700, "Bob Dole" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Assuming Floyd's test results did show synthetic testosterone, what
>might the next story be?
>
>Some possibilities:
>
>1. Domestique takes it for the team: An aging Phonak domestique claims
>responsibility ("I put some in his beer hoping to make him feel
>better"). The domestique later has a long career in the hearing aid
>industry. Floyd loses TdF crown, but he and Grand Tours keep shred of
>dignity.
>
>2. The devil (weed) made me do it: After several beers and much Jack
>Daniels, Floyd wanted a cigarette. But, concerned about the effect on
>his lungs, he decided to use a nicotine patch instead. Confused
>pharmacist looking for "t" (tabac) patch gave him "T" (Testosterone)
>patch instead.
>
>3. Eat dirt: Floyd blames results of carbon isotope test on the
>different carbon isotopes common in Lancaster County, PA. (lots of coal
>in Pennsylvania) and says he ate a lot of dirt as a kid.
>
>Feel free to add. No need to let any facts stand in the way of an
>entertaining theory.

Took it up the ass : having sunk very low he roams around
Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne and ends up in a gay bar. To ease the
forthcoming pain decides to lube up and in the absence of KJ accepts
the suppositories handed by a Spanish friend. Turns out these were
Rastandol suppositories hence the T levels. Landis says he feels
better now that he's come out of the closet. Ullrich comments that
this is a disgrace and that he's totally clean in that respect and
asks to be reinstated. Michaud adds "I knew it" !

"Dumbass" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> A couple of cases like that were reported in the book "Breaking the
> Chain":
>
> 1. There was a urine switch, but the urine of a van driver was used
> and the driver had recently used speed.

Not sure if that was an urban legend or really happened, but a male athlete
was once tested and found to be pregnant...

Bob Dole wrote:
> Assuming Floyd's test results did show synthetic testosterone, what
> might the next story be?

- vindictive masseuse rubbed cream on him without knowledge

- he thought it was flaxseed oil

- his body is unique in that it generates synthetic testosterone

- Miguel Tejada injected a "B12" shot that turned out to be something
else

> Not sure if that was an urban legend or really happened, but a male athlete was once tested and found to be pregnant...

Must have been Arnold Schwarzenegger

B. Lafferty wrote:
> "Bob Dole" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Assuming Floyd's test results did show synthetic testosterone, what
> > might the next story be?
> >
> > Some possibilities:
> >>

> > 3. Eat dirt: Floyd blames results of carbon isotope test on the
> > different carbon isotopes common in Lancaster County, PA. (lots of coal
> > in Pennsylvania) and says he ate a lot of dirt as a kid.

> It was the Lebanon bologna--good stuff.

Is was the alcohol and the UCI.

http://dirtragmag.com/forums/showpost.php?p=112477&postcount=13

http://online.wsj.com/public/articl...AVAvcCleyE_20060831.html?mod=tff_main_tff_top

On 1 Aug 2006 23:28:33 -0700, "Bucky" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Bob Dole wrote:
>> Assuming Floyd's test results did show synthetic testosterone, what
>> might the next story be?

>Here's a few more. Some of the excuses given are unbelievable but true
>(true that they were given, not that the reason was the truth)
>
>http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=hruby/060801&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab5pos2

hehe

"12) Spanish cyclist Roberto Heras blamed a flunked EPO test on:
A. A laboratory mix-up.
B. A wrong phone number.
C. A check lost in the mail.
D. A bank error not in his favor."

Keith wrote:
> On 1 Aug 2006 23:28:33 -0700, "Bucky" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Bob Dole wrote:
> >> Assuming Floyd's test results did show synthetic testosterone, what
> >> might the next story be?

> >Here's a few more. Some of the excuses given are unbelievable but true
> >(true that they were given, not that the reason was the truth)
> >
> >http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=hruby/060801&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab5pos2

> hehe
>
> "12) Spanish cyclist Roberto Heras blamed a flunked EPO test on:
> A. A laboratory mix-up.
> B. A wrong phone number.
> C. A check lost in the mail.
> D. A bank error not in his favor."

The B sample came back negative.

Start a new C.O., call it Livelandis and brew Synthetic Alcohol
-tom