humor me

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Joshua Goldberg, Jan 22, 2003.

  1. If someone had an Aluminium Disc Brake System (mechanical) which included the Disc/Clincher and
    Hub...would you be inclined to buy it....if the specs equalled a Shimano Deore and was 50% below the
    Deore cost. New system and warrantee. Plus...with every Disc Brake system sold, the seller
    "contributed" $10.00 of the purchase price towards the building of a Tadpole to be driven around
    downtown Toronto by some worthy, yet ever so humble individual (me). I'll have my website up again
    by Feb.01 and I'll have pics and a spec. sheet of the Disc System, plus they'll be on one of my
    trikes (pics up also by Feb.01).

    I need to get an idea whether there is enuff interest in the bent community for these Brakes, I'd
    hate to order in a container full and no one wants them and then I'd have to sell them to DF owners.

    Tags:

  2. If someone had an Aluminium Disc Brake System (mechanical) which included the Disc/Clincher and
    Hub...would you be inclined to buy it....if the specs equalled a Shimano Deore and was 50% below the
    Deore cost. New system and warrantee. Plus...with every Disc Brake system sold, the seller
    "contributed" $10.00 of the purchase price towards the building of a Tadpole to be driven around
    downtown Toronto by some worthy, yet ever so humble individual (me). I'll have my website up again
    by Feb.01 and I'll have pics and a spec. sheet of the Disc System, plus they'll be on one of my
    trikes (pics up also by Feb.01).

    I need to get an idea whether there is enuff interest in the bent community for these Brakes, I'd
    hate to order in a container full and no one wants them and then I'd have to sell them to DF owners.

  3. Joe Mitrovic

    Joe Mitrovic Guest

    Interested:) What kind of coin are we talking?

    Joe Mitrovic Brantford

    Joshua Goldberg wrote: snip
    > I need to get an idea whether there is enuff interest in the bent community for these Brakes,
    > I'd hate to order in a container full and no one wants them and then I'd have to sell them to
    > DF owners.

  4. Kelly

    Kelly Guest

    news:<_q6W9.9381$%[email protected]>...
    > If someone had an Aluminium Disc Brake System (mechanical) which included the Disc/Clincher and
    > Hub...would you be inclined to buy it....if the specs equalled a Shimano Deore and was 50% below
    > the Deore cost. New system and warrantee. Plus...with every Disc Brake system sold, the seller
    > "contributed" $10.00 of the purchase price towards the building of a Tadpole to be driven around
    > downtown Toronto by some worthy, yet ever so humble individual (me). I'll have my website up again
    > by Feb.01 and I'll have pics and a spec. sheet of the Disc System, plus they'll be on one of my
    > trikes (pics up also by Feb.01).
    >
    > I need to get an idea whether there is enuff interest in the bent community for these Brakes,
    > I'd hate to order in a container full and no one wants them and then I'd have to sell them to
    > DF owners.

    I'm in.

    Kelly

  5. Joe Mitrovic

    Joe Mitrovic Guest

    Interested:) What kind of coin are we talking?

    Joe Mitrovic Brantford

    Joshua Goldberg wrote: snip
    > I need to get an idea whether there is enuff interest in the bent community for these Brakes,
    > I'd hate to order in a container full and no one wants them and then I'd have to sell them to
    > DF owners.

  6. Kelly

    Kelly Guest

    news:<_q6W9.9381$%[email protected]>...
    > If someone had an Aluminium Disc Brake System (mechanical) which included the Disc/Clincher and
    > Hub...would you be inclined to buy it....if the specs equalled a Shimano Deore and was 50% below
    > the Deore cost. New system and warrantee. Plus...with every Disc Brake system sold, the seller
    > "contributed" $10.00 of the purchase price towards the building of a Tadpole to be driven around
    > downtown Toronto by some worthy, yet ever so humble individual (me). I'll have my website up again
    > by Feb.01 and I'll have pics and a spec. sheet of the Disc System, plus they'll be on one of my
    > trikes (pics up also by Feb.01).
    >
    > I need to get an idea whether there is enuff interest in the bent community for these Brakes,
    > I'd hate to order in a container full and no one wants them and then I'd have to sell them to
    > DF owners.

    I'm in.

    Kelly

  7. B. Sanders

    B. Sanders Guest

    news:_q6W9.9381$%[email protected]...
    > If someone had an Aluminium Disc Brake System (mechanical) which included the Disc/Clincher and
    > Hub...would you be inclined to buy it....if the
    specs
    > equalled a Shimano Deore and was 50% below the Deore cost. New system and warrantee.

    Absolutely. Are we talking about one-sided hubs, two-sided, or both?

    > Plus...with every Disc Brake system sold, the seller "contributed" $10.00
    of
    > the purchase price towards the building of a Tadpole to be driven around downtown Toronto by some
    > worthy, yet ever so humble individual (me).

    Your commission/kickback? Sure, why not; but I won't say "shill" just yet since it sounds like a
    great product! :)

    Cheers,

    Barry

  8. B. Sanders

    B. Sanders Guest

    news:_q6W9.9381$%[email protected]...
    > If someone had an Aluminium Disc Brake System (mechanical) which included the Disc/Clincher and
    > Hub...would you be inclined to buy it....if the
    specs
    > equalled a Shimano Deore and was 50% below the Deore cost. New system and warrantee.

    Absolutely. Are we talking about one-sided hubs, two-sided, or both?

    > Plus...with every Disc Brake system sold, the seller "contributed" $10.00
    of
    > the purchase price towards the building of a Tadpole to be driven around downtown Toronto by some
    > worthy, yet ever so humble individual (me).

    Your commission/kickback? Sure, why not; but I won't say "shill" just yet since it sounds like a
    great product! :)

    Cheers,

    Barry

  9. Hillbiker

    Hillbiker Guest

    You bet!

    Ron

  10. David Luecke

    David Luecke Guest

    If it would fit on my front fork and was indeed of good quality, yes. I could really use more
    stopping power up front. But it would have to be quite good, as I know I can easily get replacement
    parts for an Avid, and I don't know about a GoldBerg Special.

    --
    David Luecke Ridin' a RANS Vivo (wahoo!) Merritt Island, Florida USA

  11. not sure yet, but around $60.00 usd max.