humor or heat stroke

melvin

Apr 9, 2007
:confused: About a decade ago while cycleing through the Bible Belt I came across a dead possum laying in the center of the highway.It was August and the Georgia heat had somewhat mummified the carcass of the the deceased critter.....but what made this one out of thousands of road kill memorable was that a County road crew upon repainting the yellow line running center the highway....had painted the line over the departed possum.
Now maybe the humor I experienced was due to the record heat hitting the area that Summer,but still I experience a chuckle at the memory of that yellow line going across the lifeless Possum.Another example of a task carried out by Civil Servants.:rolleyes:

Considering the salary that comes with the job I can understand why they didn't move it or maybe they thought someone would get a kick out of it. it is pretty funny.

melvin said:
:confused: About a decade ago while cycleing through the Bible Belt I came across a dead possum laying in the center of the highway.It was August and the Georgia heat had somewhat mummified the carcass of the the deceased critter.....but what made this one out of thousands of road kill memorable was that a County road crew upon repainting the yellow line running center the highway....had painted the line over the departed possum.
Now maybe the humor I experienced was due to the record heat hitting the area that Summer,but still I experience a chuckle at the memory of that yellow line going across the lifeless Possum.Another example of a task carried out by Civil Servants.:rolleyes:

http://www.jewishmag.com/22MAG/PICTURE/notmyjob.jpg