Hundreds of cyclists take part in 2008 London Naked Bike Ride

On Jun 15, 2:54 pm, "Maple Tree" <[email protected]> wrote:
> http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Hundreds_of_cyclists_take_part_in_2008_Lo...

Unfortunately very few of them were women...

It's oil over? Cars suck, but we are a long way from bicycle travel
being common choice for very many people. Even if fuel was $100 a
gallon, 100 mpg+ cars (which are easy enough to build with current
technology) would still dominate. Of course that would be a huge
improvement over the 6,000lb SUVs that are everywhere now.

In article <[email protected]>,
"Maple Tree" <[email protected]> wrote:

> http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Hundreds_of_cyclists_take_part_in_2008_London_Nake
> d_Bike_Ride

OK. I have seen people naked and seen people riding bikes but do not
understand why the two, when put together, enhances either experience. I
just don't see what use such an activity is.

I happen to think that wearing clothes on a bike affords some protection
from having my testicles inadvertently sat upon and having to lift my
tackle out of the way every time I adjust my seating position does not
bear thinking about.

Is it just the titillation factor? If so, wake me up when normal
transmission resumes.

Or are we Australians just not as excitable as the rest of the world?

cheers,
20cents

20cents wrote:
> I happen to think that wearing clothes on a bike affords some protection
> from having my testicles inadvertently sat upon and having to lift my
> tackle out of the way every time I adjust my seating position does not
> bear thinking about.

Just get one of those saddles with the slit and you'll have a place to
put all the externals. Just be careful when standing.

In article <[email protected]>,
Donald Munro <[email protected]> wrote:

> 20cents wrote:
> > I happen to think that wearing clothes on a bike affords some protection
> > from having my testicles inadvertently sat upon and having to lift my
> > tackle out of the way every time I adjust my seating position does not
> > bear thinking about.

> Just get one of those saddles with the slit and you'll have a place to
> put all the externals. Just be careful when standing.

Ouch!
Just thinking about it brought a tear to my eye.

20cents