Hunter's Summer Wattage Training Plans - UPDATED-

Hunter w/kg

Jul 4, 2003
Sorry for the blatant self-promotion, but figured there might be some folks here that might be interested.

I have just updated my SUMMER wattage training plans. I have updated them to include contingencies for the weekends(whether you are racing or not) and some other fun extras.

Check them out on http://home.trainingpeaks.com/training-and-nutrition-plans/training-plans/hunter-allen.aspx

Now, back to your regularly scheduled power training program....
;-)

Hunter

Would those suit a rider getting back into the swng of things ?

i.e. finishing in the bunch ok but needing to "kick on" so to speak and be able to stick in the breaks ?

This may or may not be me :D

giannip said:
Would those suit a rider getting back into the swng of things ?

i.e. finishing in the bunch ok but needing to "kick on" so to speak and be able to stick in the breaks ?

This may or may not be me :D

Good question. The threshold improvement plans are an excellent all-around plan, but sounds like you need improvement in the 'top-end' so to speak. Improving your anaerobic capacity, and neuromuscular power will certainly help you in staying in a break and with hard surges. My summer plan is definitely the ticket then, as I developed it with these things in mind. You get workouts each week designed to specifically to address these areas.
Go for it.

Hunter

Hunter w/kg said:
Good question. The threshold improvement plans are an excellent all-around plan, but sounds like you need improvement in the 'top-end' so to speak. Improving your anaerobic capacity, and neuromuscular power will certainly help you in staying in a break and with hard surges. My summer plan is definitely the ticket then, as I developed it with these things in mind. You get workouts each week designed to specifically to address these areas.
Go for it.

Hunter

mr Hunter,

maybe i can try your summer plan, it sounds interesting...do you entertain orders
online, outside of america? thanks!

thanks mr.hunter on your quick response to my inquries,i'll be ordering thrue online your
290 watts summer 12 week training plan.btw, do i need to buy also the threshold improvement
plan.if so,which one would you suggest to use for a 3 day race.many thanks!

Its hard to say without knowing more about your current fitness, when your race is and also your goal and a bit about your strengths and weaknesses.

If you have enough time between now and your race, most likely doing the Threshold improvement plan FIRST(then do the summer plan) will be better than just doing the summer plan, but if you don't have enough time before your race, then I would suggest the summer plan.

Hope this helps.
Hunter