Hurrah/Bah

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Dave Larrington, Dec 22, 2005.

  1. I just had an early Crimbly present.

    Hurrah!

    It was from the P+nct+r+ Fairy.

    Bah!

    Nicht in die laufende Trommel greifen.

    Tags:

  2. sothach

    sothach Guest

    Dave Larrington wrote:
    > I just had an early Crimbly present.
    >
    > Hurrah!
    >
    > It was from the P+nct+r+ Fairy.

    You should ask Santi for some Marathon+'s, if you've not been naughty.

    > Nicht in die laufende Trommel greifen.

    Should I print that out at stick it on my washing machine?

  3. gentlegreen

    gentlegreen Guest

    >I just had an early Crimbly present.
    >
    > Hurrah!
    >
    > It was from the P+nct+r+ Fairy.
    >
    > Bah!

    mine was from the loose spoke / wobbly wheel hobgoblin :-(

    no lbs so will have to drive into town (bus fare 3 quid for 2.5 miles !)
    .... car needs to be driven occaisionally anyway - seatbelts getting mouldy !

    I'd walk, but I want to be in and out quickly - its being so near to the
    hostilities ...

  4. Alex Potter

    Alex Potter Guest

    Dave Larrington wrote on Thursday 22 December 2005 08:50:

    > I just had an early Crimbly present.
    >
    > Hurrah!
    >
    > It was from the P+nct+r+ Fairy.
    >
    > Bah!

    I had my first for 40 years yesterday - mind you, I've only been riding
    again since last April - circa 1700 miles.
    --
    Regards
    Alex

  5. Stan Cox

    Stan Cox Guest

    Alex Potter wrote:
    > Dave Larrington wrote on Thursday 22 December 2005 08:50:
    >

    >>I just had an early Crimbly present.
    >>
    >>Hurrah!
    >>
    >>It was from the P+nct+r+ Fairy.
    >>
    >>Bah!
    >>

    > I had my first for 40 years yesterday - mind you, I've only been riding
    > again since last April - circa 1700 miles.

    I had a run like that when I first got my Dawes Galaxy many years ago.
    The p+nct+r+ fairy then got revenge with three in a week :)

    Stan Cox

  6. wafflycat

    wafflycat Guest

    >I just had an early Crimbly present.
    >
    > Hurrah!
    >
    > It was from the P+nct+r+ Fairy.
    >
    > Bah!

    On the plus side, the p*nct*r* Fairy doesn't visit just anybody. She's
    choosy ;-)

    Festive cheers, helen s

  7. dkahn400

    dkahn400 Guest

    Dave Larrington wrote:

    > I just had an early Crimbly present.
    >
    > Hurrah!
    >
    > It was from the P+nct+r+ Fairy.

    Had one of those yesterday in the front tyre. Stopped and applied the
    14th patch to that particular tube. It's getting a bit battered. I
    might retire it.

    Let's see, that makes (counts on fingers, toes and anything else that
    comes to hand) umpteen this year. (Lost count actually, but certainly
    well over 50.)

    --
    Dave...

  8. Clive George

    Clive George Guest

    "dkahn400" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Let's see, that makes (counts on fingers, toes and anything else that
    > comes to hand) umpteen this year. (Lost count actually, but certainly
    > well over 50.)

    You do know that although beds of nails are preferred by some eastern-mystic
    types, there's no evidence that using them for your bike actually helps
    matters?

    cheers,
    clive

  9. dkahn400

    dkahn400 Guest

    Clive George wrote:

    > You do know that although beds of nails are preferred by some eastern-mystic
    > types, there's no evidence that using them for your bike actually helps
    > matters?

    Damn! I knew I was making a basic error somewhere.

    --
    Dave...