Hurray for Lance!

[email protected] (Fx199) writes:

>>Subject: Re: Hurray for Lance! From: Tim McNamara
>>[email protected] Date: 7/24/2004 11:17 AM US Eastern Standard
>>Time Message-id: <[email protected]>
>>
>>"Lou Holtman" <[email protected]> writes:
>>
>>> His childish action against Simeoni was 'champion' unworthy
>>> IMHO. Most of all his explanation afterwards.

>>Well, it was at least certainly odd. Although perhaps not
>>surprising, Armstrong seems to be a man governed by his emotions to
>>a great extent- especially anger.
>>

> What was childish? He tried to give it to Floyd, but since Floyd
> wasn't going to make it, he grabbed it.

We're talking about a different event on a different stage.

[email protected] (Fx199) writes:

> Lance also mentioned participating in the hour race, is anyone
> familiar with that?

He has mentioned attmepting the hour record for several years now,
but has never done it and IMHO never will. He's too focused on the
Tour, and after the Tour doesn't have enough left.

Tim McNamara wrote:

> [email protected] (Fx199) writes:
>

>>Lance also mentioned participating in the hour race, is anyone
>>familiar with that?

> He has mentioned attmepting the hour record for several years now,
> but has never done it and IMHO never will. He's too focused on the
> Tour, and after the Tour doesn't have enough left.

I'll bet he tries after he is done being a contender for the Tour. Many
former Tour winners have given it a go.

Greg

--
Destroy your safe and happy lives
Before it is too late

In article <[email protected]>, "G.T."
<[email protected]> writes:

>I hope he wins some classics, rides the tour for another year or three,
>and finishes 3rd to Basso and Ullrich if he does ride the Tour. I'd
>rather see that than no classics and a 7th, 8th, 9th Tour victory.
>
>Greg

Yeah, I'm surprised how poorly Ullrich has done this year. Relatively speaking
of course. Compared to last year I mean. And don't count Tyler out.
The Tour management team has got to do something about crowd control. There is
going to be a terrible accident some day. I mean really bad. I mean besides
Parisians falling to their deaths like this year. There are a lot of young
terrific riders coming up including Basso. It is not going to get any easier
for Lance that is for sure.

On 25 Jul 2004 09:00:35 GMT, [email protected]ospam (whinds) wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>, "G.T."
><[email protected]> writes:
>

>>I hope he wins some classics, rides the tour for another year or three,
>>and finishes 3rd to Basso and Ullrich if he does ride the Tour. I'd
>>rather see that than no classics and a 7th, 8th, 9th Tour victory.
>>
>>Greg
>>

>Yeah, I'm surprised how poorly Ullrich has done this year. Relatively speaking
>of course. Compared to last year I mean. And don't count Tyler out.
>The Tour management team has got to do something about crowd control. There is
>going to be a terrible accident some day. I mean really bad. I mean besides
>Parisians falling to their deaths like this year. There are a lot of young
>terrific riders coming up including Basso. It is not going to get any easier
>for Lance that is for sure.

Basso has the potential to become a monster in the tour. He's a fine climber and
becoming a very strong TT rider. With some time seasoning and I suspect more
confidence and assertiveness he can become a force. I'd think he's on the brink
of greatness.

Ron

(Fx199) writes:

>>Don't forget, Simeoni is an
>>accomplished cyclist, he is actually finishing a Tour du France, and maybe
>>even
>>without performance enhancing medications.
>>
>>Tom Gibb <[email protected]>
>>

>You won't give Lance Armstrong the same "maybe" considering there's no proof?

Since Lance is the most tested and watched athlete of all time there was no
need to comment on his status.

Tom Gibb <[email protected]>

I wonder how many used and didnt win. LA is going to do some tri's.

"G.T." <[email protected]> writes:

> Tim McNamara wrote:
>
>> [email protected] (Fx199) writes:
>>
>>>Lance also mentioned participating in the hour race, is anyone
>>>familiar with that?

>> He has mentioned attmepting the hour record for several years now,
>> but has never done it and IMHO never will. He's too focused on the
>> Tour, and after the Tour doesn't have enough left.

> I'll bet he tries after he is done being a contender for the Tour.
> Many former Tour winners have given it a go.

Perhaps, but I doubt it. I'd look to see Lance retire as soon as he
doesn't win the Tour.

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 03:59:11 GMT, "BruceW..1"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Sorry, just couldn't keep my mouth shut.

I'll add "and all the rest of the team."

Lance is not only a great athlete, he has people working hard to make
sure his talent is not the only thing that the team has to rely on.
It's not just his victory, it's theirs as well.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

(Belicians) writes:

>I wonder how many used and didnt win. LA is going to do some tri's.

I don't think so. What do you base this on? He came from the tri-athlon world
when he first went into racing.