Hurricane Components Fork-Up - help!

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Spider, May 1, 2003.

  1. Spider

    Spider Guest

    OK, anybody have one of these thingies?

    Better yet - anyone have one they're willing to sell? (For a regular fork with standard drop-outs.)

    Thanks,

    Spider

    Tags:

  2. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "Spider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > OK, anybody have one of these thingies?
    >
    > Better yet - anyone have one they're willing to sell? (For a regular fork with standard
    > drop-outs.)
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Spider

    I have one of their 20mm adapters, works great. Cambria has many of them they'd like to sell.

    Mike

  3. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    Why not just get it direct? http://www.hurricanecomponents.com/forkupmain.html

    --
    Slacker

  4. Spider

    Spider Guest

    "Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Spider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > OK, anybody have one of these thingies?
    > >
    > > Better yet - anyone have one they're willing to sell? (For a regular fork with standard
    > > drop-outs.)
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > Spider
    >
    > I have one of their 20mm adapters, works great. Cambria has many of them they'd like to sell.

    Not so. I know, because I'm on the list for the back-ordered bit. Speedgoat? Nope.

    Both places tell the same story - they don't got none, and it doesn't look good. Hurricane is
    supposedly on the rocks, and aren't making product right now.

    That's why I was hoping that someone may have access to an LBS that has one (the riser type for
    caliper clearance, and a regular QR fitting) and could give a poor guy a little help, LOL!

    BTW, the call to Hurricane via their toll-free came up snake-eyes.

    TIA,

    Spider

  5. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "Spider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > "Spider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > OK, anybody have one of these thingies?
    > > >
    > > > Better yet - anyone have one they're willing to sell? (For a regular fork with standard
    > > > drop-outs.)
    > > >
    > > > Thanks,
    > > >
    > > > Spider
    > >
    > > I have one of their 20mm adapters, works great. Cambria has many of
    them
    > > they'd like to sell.
    >
    > Not so. I know, because I'm on the list for the back-ordered bit. Speedgoat? Nope.
    >
    > Both places tell the same story - they don't got none, and it doesn't look good. Hurricane is
    > supposedly on the rocks, and aren't making product right now.
    >
    > That's why I was hoping that someone may have access to an LBS that has one (the riser type for
    > caliper clearance, and a regular QR fitting) and could give a poor guy a little help, LOL!
    >
    > BTW, the call to Hurricane via their toll-free came up snake-eyes.
    >
    > TIA,
    >
    > Spider

    Damn. Sorry to hear that. I like their products. I'll keep my eye out around here if they have such
    a thing and let you know.

    Mike