hurry up spring

In 1963 we had deep snow at Easter. My squadron was involved in recovering
boy scouts from the Lake district!

For the next 30 years I lived "abroad" -- courtesy of my military and
technical training -- when I came back to live in England the weather seemed
just a tad different.

Or maybe it is just a fault of memory -- no its not -- I can now grow
grapes in Yorkshire -- outside!

--
Trevor A Panther
In South Yorkshire,
news:[email protected]...

[email protected]lid wrote:

>come on

Boing!

I'm still waiting for winter to arrive :-(

Pinky wrote:

> Or maybe it is just a fault of memory -- no its not -- I can now grow
> grapes in Yorkshire -- outside!

As they did in the Middle Ages but I doubt you are old enough to
remember that.

--
Tony

right."
- Lord Hailsham

Phil Cook wrote:
> [email protected]lid wrote:
>
> >come on

> Boing!
>
> I'm still waiting for winter to arrive :-(

20th december it should have done methinks..

...d

elyob wrote:
> "David Martin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > [email protected]lid wrote:
> >> come on

> > only 66 days to go..
> >

> hmmm .. nice thought .... how long before t-shirt weather, and how long to
> lose 3 stone?

Head for a garden centre. Buy three pebbles...

OTOH, possibly a couple of pounds a week is the highest sustainable
weight loss to aim for so about 6 months.

...d

elyob wrote:

> hmmm .. nice thought .... how long before t-shirt weather, >

About one and a half hours by Easyjet.

--
Tony

right."
- Lord Hailsham

[email protected]lid wrote:

> come on

What's the matter with you?

We've had the "shortest day", the sun is shining and the cycle paths
are dry.
You should be out on your bike.

I'm not, I've got flu :-/

--
Mike

mb wrote:

>[email protected] wrote:
>
>> come on

>What's the matter with you?
>
> the sun is shining...

Eh? Wassat? We had a gleam in the sky about lunchtime two days ago but
the only thing making shadows around here are the streetlamps after
dark. :-(

Phil Cook wrote:
> mb wrote:

>>the sun is shining...

> Eh? Wassat? We had a gleam in the sky about lunchtime two days ago but
> the only thing making shadows around here are the streetlamps after
> dark. :-(

Beautiful clear blue skies over Perthshire today, the sun is shining,
few cars are out on the roads - what more could I ask? (Maybe a few less
puddles deep enough to need a periscope in ???)
--
Brian G

in message <[email protected]>, Brian G
('[email protected]') wrote:

> Phil Cook wrote:
>> mb wrote:

>>>the sun is shining...

>> Eh? Wassat? We had a gleam in the sky about lunchtime two days ago but
>> the only thing making shadows around here are the streetlamps after
>> dark. :-(

> Beautiful clear blue skies over Perthshire today, the sun is shining,
> few cars are out on the roads - what more could I ask?

Same here, although I could ask to be rid of this bl**dy brace.

;; Diplomacy, American: see Intelligence, Military

Phil Cook wrote:
> mb wrote:
>

>>[email protected] wrote:
>>

>>>come on

>>What's the matter with you?
>>
>>the sun is shining...

> Eh? Wassat? We had a gleam in the sky about lunchtime two days ago but
> the only thing making shadows around here are the streetlamps after
> dark. :-(

Bright sunshine and T-shirt temperatures here during daylight hours
today. What happened to this cold winter we're supposed to be having?

--
not me guv

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 08:50:39 -0600, mb wrote:

> What's the matter with you?
>
> We've had the "shortest day", the sun is shining and the cycle paths are
> dry.

Well this was true (-ish) at 9am. At 7:30pm on the way home it was dark,
drizzling and the dorks were driving to their drinking-holes.

But I _was_ on my bike both times, although not on any psycle-paths.

Mike