Hutchinson Fusion 2 and Ksyrium ES

ozelise

Aug 12, 2005
Has anyone fitted the tubeless Fusion 2 to a non Shimano 7801 wheel? The higher end Ksyriums have a solid rim already, just wondering with a UST valve whether they would be compatible with the Fusion 2?

ozelise said:
Has anyone fitted the tubeless Fusion 2 to a non Shimano 7801 wheel? The higher end Ksyriums have a solid rim already, just wondering with a UST valve whether they would be compatible with the Fusion 2?

Go ahead try it, especially if you like spectacular mid-corner crashes.

Seriously , DO NOT try to run tubeless tires on regular clincher rims. The tubeless tire WILL NOT stay on.

Zinn tried it, got 100m down the road riding slowly, tire blew right off the rim and he was riding on Al.

Might still be on the velonews tech page.

Phill P said:
Zinn tried it, got 100m down the road riding slowly, tire blew right off the rim and he was riding on Al.
Stan of Notubes notoriety is also trying it - read below:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech/2007/shows/interbike07/?id=results/interbike075

NoTubes_road_conversion.jpg

n

ozelise said:
Thanks for the link. Stan claims it works flawlessly and the pic is of a Ksyrium rim. Hashere anyone actually tried this first hand with positive or negative results?
Maybe you can be a road tester for us! :eek:

n

Mr. Stan may have got it to work on a rack, but the bead on the rim is a completely different shape. I wouldn't suggest it because Hutchinson designed it to work only with a specific rim bead shape.

ozelise said:
Well at this price, I 'll do just that. Ride slowly on some old Ksyiums, and if it doesn't work out stick some tubes in.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=23236
i think that link is for the Hutchinson Fusion 2 tyre which is a normal clincher tyre. the tubeless one is the "Hutchinson 2 Roadtubless".

if I'm wrong and those are the tubeless ones, I'm definitely getting a pair as I have the Shimano tubeless wheels