Hutchinson Scorpion UST

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by T_blood, May 26, 2003.

  1. T_blood

    T_blood Guest

    Anyone have any idea where I can find a set of these in 2.3? I had a set ordered from Cambria and
    they have been backordered forever. Trying to find them elsewhere, but with not a lot of luck...Mike

    Tags:

  2. Bob

    Bob Guest

    "T_Blood" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Anyone have any idea where I can find a set of these in 2.3? I had a set ordered from Cambria and
    > they have been backordered forever. Trying to
    find
    > them elsewhere, but with not a lot of luck...Mike

    Try the panaracer FireXCPro UST. They are really nice at 2.1 IMHO. Just dumped both the Hutchinson
    mosquittos and python UST and find the pana far superior for my riding conditions.

    -Bob

  3. On Mon, 26 May 2003 13:00:47 -0700, "Bob" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Try the panaracer FireXCPro UST. They are really nice at 2.1 IMHO. Just dumped both the Hutchinson
    >mosquittos and python UST and find the pana far superior for my riding conditions.
    >
    >-Bob

    Which are? <G>

    Barry

  4. T_blood

    T_blood Guest

    "Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "T_Blood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Anyone have any idea where I can find a set of these in 2.3? I had a set ordered from Cambria
    > > and they have been backordered forever. Trying to
    > find
    > > them elsewhere, but with not a lot of luck...Mike
    > >

    > Try the panaracer FireXCPro UST. They are really nice at 2.1 IMHO. Just dumped both the Hutchinson
    > mosquittos and python UST and find the pana far superior for my riding conditions.
    >
    > -Bob

    I agree the Panaracers are a great tire..I run the 2.10's on my XC bike...I was looking for a 2.3 or
    a little bigger for my FR bike. It currently has the Michelin DH comps and I find the rolling
    resistance and weight just a little much for me since a still do a little climbing and XC riding to
    get to my playgrounds.Problem is I am having trouble locating them. Like I said Cambria is the only
    place I could find the 2.3's at and they have been backordered for 2 weeks now. I also would
    consider any other good all around aggressive tire if I knew anything about them and the price was
    right...Mike

  5. > Try the panaracer FireXCPro UST.

    Just stopped using the FireXC .... Nokian NBX, that's were the grip is

    Cheers

    Chris

    Live fast, crash faster

    http://www.mtbbikes.co.uk

  6. Bigfootdenny

    Bigfootdenny Guest

  7. MTBScottie

    MTBScottie Guest

    "T_Blood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "T_Blood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Anyone have any idea where I can find a set of these in 2.3? I had a set ordered from Cambria
    > > > and they have been backordered forever. Trying to
    > find
    > > > them elsewhere, but with not a lot of luck...Mike
    > > >

    > > Try the panaracer FireXCPro UST. They are really nice at 2.1 IMHO. Just dumped both the
    > > Hutchinson mosquittos and python UST and find the pana far superior for my riding conditions.
    > >
    > > -Bob
    >
    > I agree the Panaracers are a great tire..I run the 2.10's on my XC bike...I was looking for a 2.3
    > or a little bigger for my FR bike. It currently has the Michelin DH comps and I find the rolling
    > resistance and weight just a little much for me since a still do a little climbing and XC riding
    > to get to my playgrounds.Problem is I am having trouble locating them. Like I said Cambria is the
    > only place I could find the 2.3's at and they have been backordered for 2 weeks now. I also would
    > consider any other good all around aggressive tire if I knew anything about them and the price was
    > right...Mike

    No offense intended, but I havent seen many free ride type bikes with tubeless tires on them.

  8. T_blood

    T_blood Guest

    > No offense intended, but I havent seen many free ride type bikes with tubeless tires on them

    None taken....the Giant ACDS 2 comes stock with UST. http://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/030.000.000/0-
    30.000.006.asp?lYear=2002&bikesection=8793&range=40&model=10454

  9. Bob

    Bob Guest

    "B a r r y B u r k e J r ." <n/[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Mon, 26 May 2003 13:00:47 -0700, "Bob" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Try the panaracer FireXCPro UST. They are really nice at 2.1 IMHO. Just dumped both the
    > >Hutchinson mosquittos and python UST and find the pana far superior for my riding conditions.
    > >
    > >-Bob
    > >

    > Which are? <G>
    >
    > Barry

    Open line gets that response.....

    Everything! Mud, slime, roots dry and wet, logs, some basalt rock, then ball bearing dry dirt going
    to sand. Hmmm, even some nice mtn pine needle trails...

  10. On Mon, 26 May 2003 22:02:11 -0700, "Bob" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"B a r r y B u r k e J r ." <n/[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> On Mon, 26 May 2003 13:00:47 -0700, "Bob" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Try the panaracer FireXCPro UST. They are really nice at 2.1 IMHO. Just dumped both the
    >> >Hutchinson mosquittos and python UST and find the pana far superior for my riding conditions.
    >> >
    >> >-Bob
    >> >

    >> Which are? <G>
    >>
    >> Barry
    >
    >Open line gets that response.....
    >
    >Everything! Mud, slime, roots dry and wet, logs, some basalt rock, then ball bearing dry dirt going
    >to sand. Hmmm, even some nice mtn pine needle trails...

    Thanks!

    I was thinking of trying those tires, and now that you've elaborated, your conditions sound
    similar to mine. I'm pretty happy with the Scorpion UST's I've got on there now, but I'd like a
    little more "tooth".

    Barry

  11. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] online.de says...

    > "Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "T_Blood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Anyone have any idea where I can find a set of these in 2.3? I had a set ordered from Cambria
    > > > and they have been backordered forever. Trying to
    > > find
    > > > them elsewhere, but with not a lot of luck...Mike
    > > >

    > > Try the panaracer FireXCPro UST. They are really nice at 2.1 IMHO. Just dumped both the
    > > Hutchinson mosquittos and python UST and find the pana far superior for my riding conditions.
    > >
    > > -Bob
    >
    > I agree the Panaracers are a great tire..I run the 2.10's on my XC bike...I was looking for a 2.3
    > or a little bigger for my FR bike. It currently has the Michelin DH comps and I find the rolling
    > resistance and weight just a little much for me since a still do a little climbing and XC riding
    > to get to my playgrounds.Problem is I am having trouble locating them. Like I said Cambria is the
    > only place I could find the 2.3's at and they have been backordered for 2 weeks now. I also would
    > consider any other good all around aggressive tire if I knew anything about them and the price was
    > right...Mike

    Yiou might have an easier time finding the non tubless version and it would be cheaper, and lighter
    even with a tube.
    --
    _________________________

  12. > Just stopped using the FireXC .... Nokian NBX, that's were the grip is

    Well, I've been running FireXC's for a while, but I'm also interested in the NBX. How's the rolling
    resistance, any better than Panaracers?

  13. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Juho Huttunen <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Just stopped using the FireXC .... Nokian NBX, that's were the grip is
    >
    > Well, I've been running FireXC's for a while, but I'm also interested in
    the NBX. How's
    > the rolling resistance, any better than Panaracers?

    Who GAF? Buy the Nokians, and you'll never look back!.............Probably, heheheheh.........

    Hey, they make damned fine tyres, and I have never heard anyone complain about lack of grip with any
    of them. I say, if you are looking for low rolling resistance, go slick or semi-slick, if you want
    grip in a multitude of conditions, go with a good aggressively treaded tyre. If it's a free ride
    tyre you're after, then Nokian make a 2.3 Gazzaloddi that is IMNSHO exceptional, and no where near
    as costly as the 2.6 or 3.00 versions.

    Shaun aRe - No, Nokian don't pay my salary, worst luck.....