Hutchinson Scorpion UST

T_blood

Guest
Anyone have any idea where I can find a set of these in 2.3? I had a set ordered from Cambria and
they have been backordered forever. Trying to find them elsewhere, but with not a lot of luck...Mike

"T_Blood" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Anyone have any idea where I can find a set of these in 2.3? I had a set ordered from Cambria and
> they have been backordered forever. Trying to
find
> them elsewhere, but with not a lot of luck...Mike

Try the panaracer FireXCPro UST. They are really nice at 2.1 IMHO. Just dumped both the Hutchinson
mosquittos and python UST and find the pana far superior for my riding conditions.

-Bob

On Mon, 26 May 2003 13:00:47 -0700, "Bob" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Try the panaracer FireXCPro UST. They are really nice at 2.1 IMHO. Just dumped both the Hutchinson
>mosquittos and python UST and find the pana far superior for my riding conditions.
>
>-Bob

Which are? <G>

Barry

"Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "T_Blood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Anyone have any idea where I can find a set of these in 2.3? I had a set ordered from Cambria
> > and they have been backordered forever. Trying to
> find
> > them elsewhere, but with not a lot of luck...Mike
> >

> Try the panaracer FireXCPro UST. They are really nice at 2.1 IMHO. Just dumped both the Hutchinson
> mosquittos and python UST and find the pana far superior for my riding conditions.
>
> -Bob

I agree the Panaracers are a great tire..I run the 2.10's on my XC bike...I was looking for a 2.3 or
a little bigger for my FR bike. It currently has the Michelin DH comps and I find the rolling
resistance and weight just a little much for me since a still do a little climbing and XC riding to
get to my playgrounds.Problem is I am having trouble locating them. Like I said Cambria is the only
place I could find the 2.3's at and they have been backordered for 2 weeks now. I also would
consider any other good all around aggressive tire if I knew anything about them and the price was
right...Mike

> Try the panaracer FireXCPro UST.

Just stopped using the FireXC .... Nokian NBX, that's were the grip is

Cheers

Chris

Live fast, crash faster

http://www.mtbbikes.co.uk

"T_Blood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "T_Blood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Anyone have any idea where I can find a set of these in 2.3? I had a set ordered from Cambria
> > > and they have been backordered forever. Trying to
> find
> > > them elsewhere, but with not a lot of luck...Mike
> > >

> > Try the panaracer FireXCPro UST. They are really nice at 2.1 IMHO. Just dumped both the
> > Hutchinson mosquittos and python UST and find the pana far superior for my riding conditions.
> >
> > -Bob
>
> I agree the Panaracers are a great tire..I run the 2.10's on my XC bike...I was looking for a 2.3
> or a little bigger for my FR bike. It currently has the Michelin DH comps and I find the rolling
> resistance and weight just a little much for me since a still do a little climbing and XC riding
> to get to my playgrounds.Problem is I am having trouble locating them. Like I said Cambria is the
> only place I could find the 2.3's at and they have been backordered for 2 weeks now. I also would
> consider any other good all around aggressive tire if I knew anything about them and the price was
> right...Mike

No offense intended, but I havent seen many free ride type bikes with tubeless tires on them.

"B a r r y B u r k e J r ." <n/a@> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Mon, 26 May 2003 13:00:47 -0700, "Bob" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Try the panaracer FireXCPro UST. They are really nice at 2.1 IMHO. Just dumped both the
> >Hutchinson mosquittos and python UST and find the pana far superior for my riding conditions.
> >
> >-Bob
> >

> Which are? <G>
>
> Barry

Open line gets that response.....

Everything! Mud, slime, roots dry and wet, logs, some basalt rock, then ball bearing dry dirt going
to sand. Hmmm, even some nice mtn pine needle trails...

On Mon, 26 May 2003 22:02:11 -0700, "Bob" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"B a r r y B u r k e J r ." <n/a@> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> On Mon, 26 May 2003 13:00:47 -0700, "Bob" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >Try the panaracer FireXCPro UST. They are really nice at 2.1 IMHO. Just dumped both the
>> >Hutchinson mosquittos and python UST and find the pana far superior for my riding conditions.
>> >
>> >-Bob
>> >

>> Which are? <G>
>>
>> Barry
>
>Open line gets that response.....
>
>Everything! Mud, slime, roots dry and wet, logs, some basalt rock, then ball bearing dry dirt going
>to sand. Hmmm, even some nice mtn pine needle trails...

Thanks!

I was thinking of trying those tires, and now that you've elaborated, your conditions sound
similar to mine. I'm pretty happy with the Scorpion UST's I've got on there now, but I'd like a
little more "tooth".

Barry

In article <[email protected]>, noMDTruebloodspam@t- online.de says...

> "Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "T_Blood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Anyone have any idea where I can find a set of these in 2.3? I had a set ordered from Cambria
> > > and they have been backordered forever. Trying to
> > find
> > > them elsewhere, but with not a lot of luck...Mike
> > >

> > Try the panaracer FireXCPro UST. They are really nice at 2.1 IMHO. Just dumped both the
> > Hutchinson mosquittos and python UST and find the pana far superior for my riding conditions.
> >
> > -Bob
>
> I agree the Panaracers are a great tire..I run the 2.10's on my XC bike...I was looking for a 2.3
> or a little bigger for my FR bike. It currently has the Michelin DH comps and I find the rolling
> resistance and weight just a little much for me since a still do a little climbing and XC riding
> to get to my playgrounds.Problem is I am having trouble locating them. Like I said Cambria is the
> only place I could find the 2.3's at and they have been backordered for 2 weeks now. I also would
> consider any other good all around aggressive tire if I knew anything about them and the price was
> right...Mike

Yiou might have an easier time finding the non tubless version and it would be cheaper, and lighter
even with a tube.
--
_________________________

> Just stopped using the FireXC .... Nokian NBX, that's were the grip is

Well, I've been running FireXC's for a while, but I'm also interested in the NBX. How's the rolling
resistance, any better than Panaracers?

Juho Huttunen <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Just stopped using the FireXC .... Nokian NBX, that's were the grip is
>
> Well, I've been running FireXC's for a while, but I'm also interested in
the NBX. How's
> the rolling resistance, any better than Panaracers?

Who GAF? Buy the Nokians, and you'll never look back!.............Probably, heheheheh.........

Hey, they make damned fine tyres, and I have never heard anyone complain about lack of grip with any
of them. I say, if you are looking for low rolling resistance, go slick or semi-slick, if you want
grip in a multitude of conditions, go with a good aggressively treaded tyre. If it's a free ride
tyre you're after, then Nokian make a 2.3 Gazzaloddi that is IMNSHO exceptional, and no where near
as costly as the 2.6 or 3.00 versions.

Shaun aRe - No, Nokian don't pay my salary, worst luck.....