Hutchinson tires too many to pick from

cycledogg

Guest
Hello all,
I see so many different Hutchinson road tires and would like to try
some, but there are too many to know what the difference between them
are. Could any suggest some for trainning and racing for 700x23 road
wheels?
Cheers,
Rick in Tennessee

On Jun 19, 11:25 am, cycledogg <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hello all,
> I see so many different Hutchinson road tires and would like to try
> some, but there are too many to know what the difference between them
> are. Could any suggest some for trainning and racing for 700x23 road
> wheels?
> Cheers,
> Rick in Tennessee

the red ones roll faster ...

-bdbafh

bdbafh wrote:

> On Jun 19, 11:25 am, cycledogg <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Hello all,
>> I see so many different Hutchinson road tires and would like to try
>> some, but there are too many to know what the difference between them
>> are. Could any suggest some for trainning and racing for 700x23 road
>> wheels?
>> Cheers,
>> Rick in Tennessee

> the red ones roll faster ...
>
> -bdbafh

It is really the blue ones that go faster. They just look red due to the
red shift as the fast guys ride away from us.

> Hello all,
> I see so many different Hutchinson road tires and would like to try
> some, but there are too many to know what the difference between them
> are. Could any suggest some for trainning and racing for 700x23 road
> wheels?
> Cheers,
> Rick in Tennessee

--------
I'm a recent convert to Hutchinson's, I like 'em. Don't remember the name,
because it seems they're always changing the names and looks of all tires,
so it all runs together.

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 08:25:18 -0700, cycledogg <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Hello all,
> I see so many different Hutchinson road tires and would like to try
>some, but there are too many to know what the difference between them
>are. Could any suggest some for trainning and racing for 700x23 road
>wheels?

I have Hutchinson Carbon Comp 700x23s installed on two of my bikes and
so far so good. :)

--
jeverett3<AT>sbcglobal<DOT>net (John V. Everett)

On Jun 20, 12:17 pm, John Everett
<[email protected]> wrote:
> I have Hutchinson Carbon Comp 700x23s installed on two of my bikes and
> so far so good. :)

I have a Hutchinson Carbon Comp 25-622 (700x25) on the rear of my road
bike and it's been fine so far. It seems to measure closer to 24mm on
the rims I've had it on.

It's got ~1200 miles on it and is showing less wear and cuts than the
Continental Ultra 3000 28-622 it displaced at ~900 miles, but maybe
it's just that tread wear and cuts are so easily visible on the gray
tread on that tire.

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 19:15:16 -0000, Victor Kan <[email protected]>
wrote:

>On Jun 20, 12:17 pm, John Everett
><[email protected]> wrote:
>> I have Hutchinson Carbon Comp 700x23s installed on two of my bikes and
>> so far so good. :)

>I have a Hutchinson Carbon Comp 25-622 (700x25) on the rear of my road
>bike and it's been fine so far. It seems to measure closer to 24mm on
>the rims I've had it on.

Yes, the Hutchinson Carbon Comps seem to run small. My 700x23s have
the same rolling circumference as the Michelin 700x20s (many different
models) I used for years.

--
jeverett3<AT>sbcglobal<DOT>net (John V. Everett)