Hybrid 7500

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Pat Fleming, May 26, 2003.

  1. Pat Fleming

    Pat Fleming Guest

    I have a Trek 7500 hybrid. It weighs about 30 pounds with tires slightly wider than a road bike and
    80 psi, etc, etc. If I average 17 mph on a typical 40 mile rolling hill ride, what will my average
    speed increase to if I upgrade to a road bike?

    Tags:

  2. Pat-<< It weighs about 30 pounds with tires slightly wider than a road bike and 80 psi, etc, etc. If
    I average 17 mph on a typical 40 mile rolling hill ride, what will my average speed increase to if I
    upgrade to a road bike?

    Or put 23c road tires onto the hybrid...

  3. "Pat Fleming" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I have a Trek 7500 hybrid. It weighs about 30 pounds with tires slightly wider than a road bike
    > and 80 psi, etc, etc. If I average 17 mph on a typical 40 mile rolling hill ride, what will my
    > average speed increase to if I upgrade to a road bike?

    Heisenberg Uncertainly Principle

    You have just written the road biking equivalent. Far too many variables and unknowns to arrive at
    an answer.

    I ride my 28 pound rain bike all winter with 25mm tires. It goes slow.

    I ride my 17 pound race bike all summer with 23mm tires. It goes fast.

    Take a test ride - you'll notice a substancial difference. With the same effort - I'd guess I get an
    extra 3-4 mph out out of the race bike.

    -a