Hybrid/Cross Disc Fork on a Tandem

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Dwu, Apr 28, 2003.

  1. Dwu

    Dwu Guest

    I am currently in the process of building up a tandem. Would it be okay to use a Cromoly
    Hybrid/Cross fork with ISO Disc Tabs.

    Tags:

  2. DWu <[email protected]> wrote:
    > I am currently in the process of building up a tandem. Would it be okay to use a Cromoly
    > Hybrid/Cross fork with ISO Disc Tabs.

    That's a rigid fork? As the vendor if he specs it for tandem usage, I seriously doubt it and would
    stay away from it. Single's forks are small for tandems anyway, putting all braking load on one leg
    IMO asks for desaster...

    --
    MfG/Best regards helmut springer

  3. Openworld

    Openworld Guest

    Try a triple clamp fork- there are rigid ones available. I am assuming you will be using a hope m4
    front bake to stop a tandem. Inwhich case the phatest fork you can get will help. Problem with
    hybrids is they are not really up for any abuse, so a hybrid fork will fold in 2 seconds. They are
    flexy enough as it is without putting it on a tandem. You may find a bolt through front hub very
    beneficial in stiffening up the front end. Yes it weighs more...but nooo flex, so baking into a
    corner should be no problems.

    news:[email protected]...