Hybrid fork problem

timthemod

Apr 1, 2007
Hi forgive me posting my initial post here, but for some reason I can't post in the main tech area.

I've recently bought a Decathlon Triban Road 5 (7 speed hub gear). It has Sr Suntour suspension forks. I've been trying to work out how to use the fork adjustment buttons on the top of each fork leg. The model is NCX - D one of these on their website, but I know which one?

http://www.srsuntour-cycling.com/SID=si499161816b8fc1977d5cc2c7083965/index.php?screen=sh.product_series&tnid=1157

I'm read the instruction booklet and the website but still can't make any sense. Each button has a minus and arrow to turn anti-clockwise, this clicks until is locks.stop on both forks. There is also a plus and arrow which can be turned clockwise both doesn't seem to have any end stopping point. Despite changing the setting, the fork suspension seems to stay the same?

Are these forks just ****!! Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Tim

I think you have the left D fork, which has air on one side and coil on the other.

This is poor engineering.

I could be wrong, though.

Jacob

Japheth said:
I think you have the left D fork, which has air on one side and coil on the other.

This is poor engineering.

I could be wrong, though.

Jacob
Jacob, thanks for your comments, but I worked out how it works. for starters I should have looked at the 2006 fork range, turns out mine are just coil springs and you have to turn the adjustment knobs the same each time, seems to work okay, I know have them nice and hard for the road work I generally do.