Hybrid rim recommendation

RS

Guest
I have a Hybrid bike, 700cc wheels I run 28-32 wide tires on, for general
commuting, shopping and excercise riding around town. I put about 100
miles a week on the bike. I've rebuilt the rear wheel but the original
Weinmann rim wasn't great to begin with and its going, hard to keep
true. I have a new LX rear hub 32h and will use 14/15 butted spokes but
what would be a good solid rim for my purpose, and one that would
accomodate a 28-32 tire without being overally heavy? An OC rim would
be nice but not essential.

thanks to all, Rick

RS said:
I have a Hybrid bike, 700cc wheels I run 28-32 wide tires on, for general
commuting, shopping and excercise riding around town. I put about 100
miles a week on the bike. I've rebuilt the rear wheel but the original
Weinmann rim wasn't great to begin with and its going, hard to keep
true. I have a new LX rear hub 32h and will use 14/15 butted spokes but
what would be a good solid rim for my purpose, and one that would
accomodate a 28-32 tire without being overally heavy? An OC rim would
be nice but not essential.

thanks to all, Rick
Velocity Synergy rim is now available in OC rear 700C 32H and there is a 700C non-OC for front in 32H. Nice rims, with single eyelet and suitable for 28 - 32 mm tires.
Velocity Dyad is also suitable for the 28 -32 mm wide tires, but isn't OC and has no eyelets at all.
Ritchey used to sell some nice Trekking 700C rims in OCR and non-OCR, but the rim market has further narrowed. You may find some New Old Stock Ritchey OCR rims. If they are designed for rim brakes and properly dimensioned, they would be suitable.
Salsa Delgado Cross is also suitable for your application. Not OCR
There are also some Mavic New Old Stock (NOS) rims that would be suitable. No Mavic OCR. Formely these rims had a "T" for trekking prefix, they now carry an "A"for Asphalt.
T519 and T520 are good rims, but slightly on the heavy side.

RS <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> I have a Hybrid bike, 700cc wheels I run 28-32 wide tires on, for
> general commuting, shopping and excercise riding around town. I put
> about 100 miles a week on the bike. I've rebuilt the rear wheel but
> the original Weinmann rim wasn't great to begin with and its going,
> hard to keep true. I have a new LX rear hub 32h and will use 14/15
> butted spokes but what would be a good solid rim for my purpose, and
> one that would accomodate a 28-32 tire without being overally heavy?
> An OC rim would be nice but not essential.
>
> thanks to all, Rick

I like the Ambrosio Excursion. Eyeleted and socketed (or double-eyeleted,
if you will), pinned seam that's perfectly aligned, non-machined sidewall,
and reasonably cheap (I got a set for $58 shipped off ebay). Kind of a tall
profile, I've beaten the **** out of them and they've stayed true. I've run
tires from 23mm to 32mm on them. I'm currently running 28mm Conti GP 4
Seasons on them for my commute, 100-150 miles a week. 510g each.

http://i6.ebayimg.com/02/i/06/48/fa/04_1_b.JPG

RS wrote:
> I have a Hybrid bike, 700cc wheels I run 28-32 wide tires on, for general
> commuting, shopping and excercise riding around town. I put about 100
> miles a week on the bike. I've rebuilt the rear wheel but the original
> Weinmann rim wasn't great to begin with and its going, hard to keep
> true. I have a new LX rear hub 32h and will use 14/15 butted spokes but
> what would be a good solid rim for my purpose, and one that would
> accomodate a 28-32 tire without being overally heavy? An OC rim would
> be nice but not essential.
>
> thanks to all, Rick

Velocity Fusion, Mavic CXP-33, Mavic T520-now T717, Velocity Deep V,
Velocity Dyad, Velocity Synergy...all would work, all can take a big
fat tire.