Hybrid/Road Bike To Pull A Trailer And Deliver Performance

guibara

Sep 13, 2010
Hi guys.. newbie here...

So I had Gary Fisher MTB that just got stolen.. with the Co-Pilot baby seat n it and everything.. :( And I'm now looking to get a new bike and a trailer since my daughter won't fit on the Co-Pilot much longer.

Here's what I'm looking for/need:

1) I live in Santa Monica, CA. I'll be using the bike to take my daughter to school and pick her up. 10 miles every day, with some short hills.

2) I will be towing her in a trailer (Burley or Chariot most likely), so something light would be great.

3) I work from home mainly but I go to other local studios to do the sessions... so I'll be riding the bike on my own as well another 5 miles a day, so I'm looking for something that also delivers some performance and is fast and fun.

I'm looking around the stores here in Santa Monica, and here's what I've found within my budget ($400-$600):

Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale Bad Boy - Helens Cycles Santa Monica California

Trek 7.3 FX
Trek 7.3 FX - Helens Cycles Santa Monica California

Fuji Absolute 3.0
2010 Fuji Absolute 3.0 Road Bike - Road Bikes

GT Tachyon 3.0
2010 GT Tachyon 3.0 Comfort Bike - Road Bikes

Scattante FR330
2010 Scattante FR-330 Fitness Road Bike - Road Bikes

Which one would you recommend? Any other suggestions?

Thanks so much in advance for your help!

guibara said:
Hi guys.. newbie here...

So I had Gary Fisher MTB that just got stolen.. with the Co-Pilot baby seat n it and everything.. :( And I'm now looking to get a new bike and a trailer since my daughter won't fit on the Co-Pilot much longer.

Here's what I'm looking for/need:

1) I live in Santa Monica, CA. I'll be using the bike to take my daughter to school and pick her up. 10 miles every day, with some short hills.

2) I will be towing her in a trailer (Burley or Chariot most likely), so something light would be great.

3) I work from home mainly but I go to other local studios to do the sessions... so I'll be riding the bike on my own as well another 5 miles a day, so I'm looking for something that also delivers some performance and is fast and fun.

I'm looking around the stores here in Santa Monica, and here's what I've found within my budget ($400-$600):

Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale Bad Boy - Helens Cycles Santa Monica California

Trek 7.3 FX
Trek 7.3 FX - Helens Cycles Santa Monica California

Fuji Absolute 3.0
2010 Fuji Absolute 3.0 Road Bike - Road Bikes

GT Tachyon 3.0
2010 GT Tachyon 3.0 Comfort Bike - Road Bikes

Scattante FR330
2010 Scattante FR-330 Fitness Road Bike - Road Bikes

Which one would you recommend? Any other suggestions?

Thanks so much in advance for your help!
I bought my bike recently for near the same reasons (well mine didnt get stolen,lol) but I pull my son,am looking into getting a cargo trailer and use it for fitness as well...
http://www.jamisbikes.com/usa/thebikes/street/allegro/10_allegro1.html