Hybrids - adult and childs

geegee

Apr 28, 2004
I am looking for a decent hybrid with mudguards and carrier etc (Dawes Sonoran type) up to about £300.I live in an urban area with many hills and I will use the bike mainly for distances of two miles at a time, twice a day. I will also cycle along forest trails occasionally.

Can anyone recommend a good one?

I am also looking for a 24" wheel one for my daughter but can't find one. have thought about getting a Dawes Junior 201.

My local bike shop recommends Saracen for me and a Concept for my daughter - are these makes any good?

Also, is it possible to get a carrier and mudguards with stays to fit a 24" wheel?

Thanks in advance.

geegee said:
I am looking for a decent hybrid with mudguards and carrier etc (Dawes Sonoran type) up to about £300.I live in an urban area with many hills and I will use the bike mainly for distances of two miles at a time, twice a day. I will also cycle along forest trails occasionally.

Can anyone recommend a good one?

I am also looking for a 24" wheel one for my daughter but can't find one. have thought about getting a Dawes Junior 201.

My local bike shop recommends Saracen for me and a Concept for my daughter - are these makes any good?

Also, is it possible to get a carrier and mudguards with stays to fit a 24" wheel?

Thanks in advance.
I live in America but I understand my bike is available in europe. I have a Trek 7300 which I use on my two mile ride to work and I'll put 20-50 miles on it on the weekends. You can get it with suspension fork and seatpost, which is what I have, or the 7300 FX is a full rigid version. I really like my ride and I've been riding it for going on 4 years now and just this year I replaced the wheelset. That and a new bottom bracket is the only things I've done to it. I still have the original cables on it.It has been a very reliable and capable ride.