hyd.brakes

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Cgeiera202, Feb 23, 2003.

  1. Cgeiera202

    Cgeiera202 Guest

    I own a k.h.s. bike, that came with disc brakes. Would a hyd. brake make a huge difference
    in stopping.

    Tags:

  2. Tbf

    Tbf Guest

    "cgeiera202" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > I own a k.h.s. bike, that came with disc brakes. Would a hyd. brake make
    > huge difference in stopping.

    Disc brakes come in both Hydro and Mechanical forms dude.

    If you have Avid Mechanicals, they are pretty damn good. Don't change anything. If any other brand
    upgrade to hydro model, Magura is my fav, but Hope and Hayes are awesome too.

    Hydros give you better modulation than mechs on the whole.

    http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/

  3. roKeMS

    roKeMS New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2002
    >>If you have Avid Mechanicals, they are pretty damn good. Don't change anything. If any other brand
    upgrade to hydro model, Magura is my fav, but Hope and Hayes are awesome too.<<

    Hayes are the best by far because aftermarket parts are easy to come by and the preformance is awesome.

  4. David L

    David L Guest

    "TBF" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "cgeiera202" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:p[email protected]...
    > > I own a k.h.s. bike, that came with disc brakes. Would a hyd. brake
    make
    > > huge difference in stopping.
    > >

    > Disc brakes come in both Hydro and Mechanical forms dude.
    >
    > If you have Avid Mechanicals, they are pretty damn good. Don't change anything. If any other brand
    > upgrade to hydro model, Magura is my fav, but Hope and Hayes are awesome too.
    >
    > Hydros give you better modulation than mechs on the whole.
    >
    > http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/

    only thing I'd add is the fact that hydro's are better if you are in muddy conditions, the
    mechanical cables an get mucked up, as where the hyrdo's are covered, and wont give you
    that trouble.

    Dave