Hydrapak Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Ken Medeiros

Anyone got an easy way to get the "plastic" taste from the water from my Hydrapak? Or should i just
drop in some gatorade instead of water???? Will that taste funny too??? Just wondering.

Thanks!

Ken Medeiros wrote:
> Anyone got an easy way to get the "plastic" taste from the water from my Hydrapak? Or should i
> just drop in some gatorade instead of water???? Will that taste funny too??? Just wondering.
>
> Thanks!
>
>
Gatoraid will leave sugars in there that will promote faster fungus growth. I never put anything
other than water in mine. To get rid of "taste", I do 2 things: 1) baking soda/water mix left in
overnight, rinse. Repeat as necessary. 2) Always leave if full and empty/refill before a ride. The
old water will absorb taste.

David

"Ken Medeiros" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Anyone got an easy way to get the "plastic" taste from the water from my Hydrapak?

Put it in the oven for a couple of weeks on low heat. I mean, hours. The outgassing will accelerate
and the water will stop tasting funny.

Well, that's what I heard. May be an old wives' tale. I'm not responsible if you burn your house
down. Make sure your pet isn't in the oven when you turn it on.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

On Wed, 7 May 2003 23:21:11 -0400, "Ken Medeiros" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Anyone got an easy way to get the "plastic" taste from the water from my Hydrapak? Or should i just
>drop in some gatorade instead of water???? Will that taste funny too??? Just wondering.
>
>Thanks!
>

Ken, just deal with it. You'll get used to it.

Peace, Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind
should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
:-]

"Ken Medeiros" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Anyone got an easy way to get the "plastic" taste from the water from my Hydrapak? Or should i
> just drop in some gatorade instead of water???? Will that
taste
> funny too??? Just wondering.
>
> Thanks!
>

I had one that was "plastic" tasting. If I used the heavily treated tap water it was way more
noticeable than if I used spring or filtered water. With better tasting water the "plastic" taste
was barely there. You might want to take this into consideration if your tap water is as chlorinated
and foul tasting as ours.

Fredzep

Status
Not open for further replies.