Hydraulic rim brakes?

In article <[email protected]>, Simon
Brooke
[email protected] says...
> in message <[email protected]>, Duncan
> Smith ('[email protected]') wrote:
>
> > Are Magura HS-33 suitable for 700c rims also (web site only shows MTB
> > forks)? If so, they could be just what I'm after for the winter...

> They are, yes. Sadly, they aren't available any longer with levers for drop
> bars. Does anyone know where to get hold of cable-operated hydraulic
> cylinders? I've seen them on a tandem, but don't know what make they were.

Apparently they're made by Formula (the Italian brake manufacturer) for
Santana. It can't be that difficult to modify a lever to be cable
operated and stick it on a bracket under the stem, can it? Or even to
make a master cylinder from scratch.

In news:[email protected],
Dave Larrington <[email protected]> tweaked the Babbage-Engine to
tell us:
> In news:[email protected],
> Duncan Smith <[email protected]> tweaked the Babbage-Engine
> to tell us:

>> Are Magura HS-33 suitable for 700c rims also (web site only shows MTB
>> forks)? If so, they could be just what I'm after for the winter...

> As long as the blocks are in the right place, then yes. I had them on
> my Kingcycle - 369 front and 540 rear.

Bad form replying to one's own post, I know, but it's probably worth
mentioning that on some 700c forks, the canti posts /may/ be closer together
than the brake expects, thereby making it rather difficult to achieve
sufficient clearance between pad and rim.

Do not ask me how I know this :-(

(Reaches for Dremel)

--
Dave Larrington
Help me, Mrs. Medleycott, I don't know what to do. I've only

Got HS11 on my 700c tourer with no problems

SW