Hydraulic V-brake question

BC

Guest
Does anyone make a hydraulic V-brake with calipers that you can open up
to take off and replace the wheel? I had a Magura before, but I had to
deflate the tire every time I wanted to take the wheel off.

Ben

BC wrote:
> Does anyone make a hydraulic V-brake with calipers that you can open up
> to take off and replace the wheel? I had a Magura before, but I had to
> deflate the tire every time I wanted to take the wheel off.
>
> Ben

There aren't any hydraulic v-brakes. Maguras are "hydraulic rim
brakes." I don't know how long they've had this feature, but the
current ones are designed to come on and off quickly for
repairs/transport using the quick release on each cylinder. They pop on
and off without anything needing to be re-adjusted.

BC wrote:
> Does anyone make a hydraulic V-brake with calipers that you can open
> up to take off and replace the wheel? I had a Magura before, but I
> had to deflate the tire every time I wanted to take the wheel off.
>
> Ben

On all the Magura rim brakes I've seen one side of the caliper pops off
easily to facilitate wheel removal. There is a silver lever on that side
that releases it from the post.

Mike

"Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> BC wrote:
> > Does anyone make a hydraulic V-brake with calipers that you can open
> > up to take off and replace the wheel? I had a Magura before, but I
> > had to deflate the tire every time I wanted to take the wheel off.
> >
> > Ben

> On all the Magura rim brakes I've seen one side of the caliper pops off
> easily to facilitate wheel removal. There is a silver lever on that side
> that releases it from the post.

For some fat tires this isn't enough and you still have to deflate the tire
to remove the wheel. A real PIA.

Lou

BC wrote:
> Does anyone make a hydraulic V-brake with calipers that you can open up
> to take off and replace the wheel? I had a Magura before, but I had to
> deflate the tire every time I wanted to take the wheel off.
>
> Ben

If you match up HS33's with a Magura fork you get to use their new
Firmtech quick release system which seems to give greater clearance for
tyres.

I used to ride HS33s all the time and sometimes had to give the wheel a
thump to get it through though the brakes.

Laters,

Marz

Michael Dart wrote:
> On all the Magura rim brakes I've seen one side of the caliper pops off
> easily to facilitate wheel removal. There is a silver lever on that side
> that releases it from the post.

Early Magura were not supplied with the quick release. It
was an option. Still an allen key would remove one side in
not too much time.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org