Hydrogen delivery bikes.

On Mar 13, 11:28 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> On Mar 14, 12:51 pm, chewbacca <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Now germany is making these. Looks like good range. I assume
> > hydrogen tanks will be lighter than Sealed Lead Acid .

> >http://www.ebikehub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=302

> http://www.physorg.com/news85074285.html

"More energy is needed to isolate hydrogen from natural compounds
than can ever be recovered from its use," Bossel explains to
PhysOrg.com. "Therefore, making the new chemical energy carrier form
natural gas would not make sense, as it would increase the gas
consumption and the emission of CO2. Instead, the dwindling fossil
fuel reserves must be replaced by energy from renewable sources."

Hmmmm..... that explains why automotive industry so eagerly
killed their EV1 cars:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_Killed_the_Electric_Car?
and embraced Bush's hydrogen initiative.
Despite of:
http://www.physorg.com/news85067531.html

[email protected] wrote:
> On Mar 14, 12:51 pm, chewbacca <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Now germany is making these. Looks like good range. I assume
>> hydrogen tanks will be lighter than Sealed Lead Acid .
>>
>> http://www.ebikehub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=302

> http://www.physorg.com/news85074285.html

It's the refuel time. Not many things are quicker than putting a tank
of gas in the back. I've not tried LPG, but I doubt its quicker. As
for trying to fully charge batteries in the order of 2 minutes...

Tosspot schrieb:
> [email protected] wrote:
>> On Mar 14, 12:51 pm, chewbacca <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> Now germany is making these. Looks like good range. I assume
>>> hydrogen tanks will be lighter than Sealed Lead Acid .
>>>
>>> http://www.ebikehub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=302

>> http://www.physorg.com/news85074285.html

> It's the refuel time. Not many things are quicker than putting a tank
> of gas in the back. I've not tried LPG, but I doubt its quicker. As
> for trying to fully charge batteries in the order of 2 minutes...

Ey- replaying a LiIon battery takes 5 seconds...
For a decent ride we only need 2kg...

Efried

www.hyperbike.cc

WHERE DOES 250 WATTS stand in the light of reasonable realtiy? pro or
con development?

"With a motor rated at 250 watts it's exempt, just like a 'normal'
bike, from European vehicle registration laws (in other words no MOT,
insurance or tax requirements)."

Woland99 wrote:
> "More energy is needed to isolate hydrogen from natural compounds
> than can ever be recovered from its use," Bossel explains to
> PhysOrg.com. "Therefore, making the new chemical energy carrier form
> natural gas would not make sense, as it would increase the gas
> consumption and the emission of CO2. Instead, the dwindling fossil
> fuel reserves must be replaced by energy from renewable sources."

The industry (and their gov lackeys) always wants to promote less
efficient alternatives. The more complex and expensive the "solution"
the better. The really big secret is that electric vehicles are
inherently very simple and inexpensive compared to IC cars. We could
be driving small and light electric vehicles in town that would cost <
$2k if mass produced. No new technology required. Safe, quiet, no
pollution, no more gridlock (much smaller footprint), and relatively
little danger to cyclists and pedestrians.

Here is a new model that is close to what I had in mind:
http://www.blueskydsn.com/BugE_Concept.html