Hydrolic disc brake freak

Mollyharrison

Sep 13, 2018
Hi, just wondering if anyone could help me with a problem I have had with my voodoo MTB the front hydrolic disc brake when pressure is applied when riding makes a sort off popping clicking noise which you can feel bumps through the handle bars I’m sure it’s coming from the calliper I have tried realigning the calliper but I can’t seem to fix it, i attached my video for reference of the sound

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://youtu.be/MnEaaYEfpyY

How are the rotors? They may need straightening. There is a tool you can get but your LBS ought to be able to fix them if necessary.

Nothing wrong with the rotors checked them and they are running true
Did you bleed the system and use the correct fluid? I don't know anything about bike hydraulic brakes, but I do know something about different fluids for motorcycle brakes because I messed mine up with the wrong fluid after a motorcycle mechanic told me to switch to it.

Hi, just wondering if anyone could help me with a problem I have had with my voodoo MTB the front hydrolic disc brake when pressure is applied when riding makes a sort off popping clicking noise which you can feel bumps through the handle bars I’m sure it’s coming from the calliper I have tried realigning the calliper but I can’t seem to fix it, i attached my video for reference of the sound
If you have a workstand which will allow you support the bike with the front wheel off the ground then you may be able to isolate the ticking sound more easily than when you are riding the bike.

If I had to guess what is causing the ticking, because of it's rhythmic regularity, I am going to guess that if your wheels have 6-bolt ISO rotors then one-or-more of the bolt heads is making contact with a part of the outside of caliper when it is being actuated ...

If you have centerlock rotors, then check your lockring to ensure that it-and-the-rotor is properly snugged and not floating.

That sounded to me like worn disk pads. Sometimes they will break when new.