Hyper to Hyper

G

Whose doing it ? what is your expected finish time ?

My previous time was a 2h50 so anything better will make me happy.

The H2H would be my second "big race" - did the 94.7 in 4:01 hours on a mountain bike. Been training since and hope to do the H2H in 3:30. Does that sound realistic ?

Jaco, seeing that you did the 94.7 in 4hr, I'd say you'd be between 3hr and 3hr30. Its a flat, fast race with two climbs: one just after the start (save yourself going up there, it's quite a steepish climb), and one roundabout half way (easy, but longish climb). If you can find yourself a nice bunch, stick with them to pull you to a good time.

:)Hi All

In answer to the question, "who is doing it, and what is your expected time".

I'm doing it, and Jaco, VO2's advice is spot on (about the initial climb, and the race in general being fast and flat). I did a 3:16 last year, and by 94.7 I did a 3:30, so I'm hoping to do a very speedy Hyper to Hyper, but my main aim will be to break 3:00. That will be the first long race I do it!? ;D

With a week to go, here's wishing you all get your goals! Happy Cycling during the week, and let's also hope for "lekker" weather on Sunday!!! Most importantly though - ENJOY IT.

hehe...I have'nt seen the word 'lekker' used on the board before. ;D
To our buddies across the ocean, 'lekker' means 'nice', or 'good', or 'fine'. Everything that has reference to good things, is 'lekker'! Pronounced: lack-er as in slacker.

Hope everyone has a lekker day! ;D

:eek:oops, slipped up there! Thanx for the explanation for our global friends. Thanx also for the warm welcome on the other topic page. 8) Stay cool!

In 2000 I did a 4h07 for the 94.7 but managed a 2h50 for the H2H. Alot depends on the group you get into. Dont expect a good time if you're not in a group. As soon as you drop out of the group youve had it.

It's a nice fast flat race with one STEEEP downhill (85 km/h freewheeling) with a sharp right at the bottom. This is in the beginning of the race though, you can relax after that.

The road towards Eikenhof is VERY rough. I ride this road every Sunday and believe me it shakes you apart. After you pass the Lido the road get smoother and is clean sailing from there on.

Did the 94.7 in 3H27 and as this will be my first H2H I've got no idea what to aim for. Did the Carousel race (in Pretoria) last year which is also a very fast one, but only 94km. My time was 2H40. Hoping to do a sub 3

Did the 94.7 in 3H27 and as this will be my first H2H I've got no idea what to aim for.  Did the Carousel race (in Pretoria) last year which is also a very fast one, but only 94km.  My time was 2H40.  Hoping to do a sub 3
You should easily get sub 3.

Just got SMS'ed my race number. I'm seeded G!
Why do I get this feeling that G is a bad seed? :mad:

;D ha ha! I got the same thought!!! I got the SMS, looked eagerly at my group, and .... :eek: saw I'm in "H"! So VO2, you better put pedal to the metal, or else Female Cyclist will be coming by... hopefully for shelter from the wind! ;)

;D ha ha!  I got the same thought!!!  I got the SMS, looked eagerly at my group, and ....   :eek: saw I'm in "H"!  So VO2, you better put pedal to the metal, or else Female Cyclist will be coming by... hopefully for shelter from the wind!   ;)

I'm seeded in F. Will have to get up real early.
VO2, there better be some quick ladies in your group if you wanna catch me. :D:D:D

Registration is at cylelab on thursday and PnP Steeldale on Friday.

I'm seeded in F. Will have to get up real early.
VO2, there better be some quick ladies in your group if you wanna catch me. :D:D:D

Registration is at cylelab on thursday and PnP Steeldale on Friday.

The race is on! ;D

I'm also seeded in F group. Don't even know how to get to Bedworth Park on Saturday for registration or to Steeldale for the race (coming from Pretoria).

I'm also seeded in F group.  Don't even know how to get to Bedworth Park on Saturday for registration or to Steeldale for the race (coming from Pretoria).
Rather register at cyclelab on thursday or Steeldale on Friday.

To get to steeldale. Take N1 south. Take N3 split to Durban/Germiston/Witbank. Keep going until you get to Alberton/voertrekker road offramp. Turn right at offramp. Go straight up the hill till the 3 traffic light. turn left. You'll see all the cyclists there.

This is not the shortest way, but by far the easiest.

My group is N and start time 06:00 which sounds a bit odd ??? Surely a lot will happen between the time the pro's start and the time group N starts ?

My group is N and start time 06:00 which sounds a bit odd ??? Surely a lot will happen between the time the pro's start and the time group N starts ?
I think they told everyone 6am. Best to check on your forms when you register. I'm guessing 6am for the pros and then 5 minute intervals for every group thereafter.

B.T.W. how is everyone getting back ? My family is meeting us there and we'll be braaing at the vaal (will take the boat along too, so if you see someone getting picked up by boat at the finish, thats me :D ) and then going back late afternoon early evening.

I see that Cyclelab has updated the start times via SMS. I now start @ 6:55am.