hyperlo gears for drunk touring

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Remove The Poli, Jun 17, 2003.

  1. just kidding about the drunkenness.But I want to be able to go 4 mph but pedal 90 rpm when I'm say,
    doing the Stelvio again and am nearly delirious from altitude sickness.

    So I want a 20-36-46 ( ' going to use a mountain tamer.)

    and the biggest rear sprocket my racing triple can handle. I don't care that the chain will be
    hanging really low because it has to be long enough for large-large safety, although it would be
    nice to add a tensioner somehow.

    Did Mr vecchio say Campy 10 spd can handle 32 teeth? can campy racing triple also?

    thx

    Tags:

  2. Are you sure your crankset can handle a 20T granny? (Or is that what a "mountain tamer" does?
    Haven't heard of it.)

    And don't discount the drunkenness -- you never know when you'll decide to go on a winery tour. :)

    Joe

  3. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    "remove the polite word to reply" <[email protected]otmail.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > just kidding about the drunkenness.But I want to be able to go 4 mph but pedal 90 rpm when I'm
    > say, doing the Stelvio again and am nearly delirious from altitude sickness.
    >
    > So I want a 20-36-46 ( ' going to use a mountain tamer.)
    >
    > and the biggest rear sprocket my racing triple can handle. I don't care that the chain will be
    > hanging really low because it has to be long enough for large-large safety, although it would be
    > nice to add a tensioner somehow.
    >
    > Did Mr vecchio say Campy 10 spd can handle 32 teeth? can campy racing triple also?

    You ask if Campagnolo's new 92mm rear derailleurs can shift a 32? Yes. You ask if Campagnolo Triples
    exist? Yes. Please see: http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfromthepast/SGSANTAN.JPG

  4. On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 02:09:24 +0000, remove the polite word to reply wrote:

    > just kidding about the drunkenness.But I want to be able to go 4 mph but pedal 90 rpm when I'm
    > say, doing the Stelvio again and am nearly delirious from altitude sickness.
    >
    > So I want a 20-36-46 ( ' going to use a mountain tamer.)
    >
    > and the biggest rear sprocket my racing triple can handle. I don't care that the chain will be
    > hanging really low because it has to be long enough for large-large safety, although it would be
    > nice to add a tensioner somehow.
    >
    > Did Mr vecchio say Campy 10 spd can handle 32 teeth? can campy racing triple also?

    You want a 20/32? Woah. You could make extra money during your tour pulling stumps.

    --

    David L. Johnson

    __o | The lottery is a tax on those who fail to understand _`\(,_ | mathematics. (_)/ (_) |

  5. On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 16:22:00 +0000, Joseph Kubera wrote:

    > Are you sure your crankset can handle a 20T granny? (Or is that what a "mountain tamer" does?
    > Haven't heard of it.)

    There is no problem with that, if, as I suspect, he has a 94/58 mountain bike crankset. I use that,
    with a Campy road derailleur, and it works fine. You may want a chain watcher, but other than that
    it is no problem.

    --

    David L. Johnson

    __o | A mathematician is a machine for turning coffee into theorems. _`\(,_ | -- Paul Erdos