hyperlo gears for drunk touring

Remove The Poli

Guest
just kidding about the drunkenness.But I want to be able to go 4 mph but pedal 90 rpm when I'm say,
doing the Stelvio again and am nearly delirious from altitude sickness.

So I want a 20-36-46 ( ' going to use a mountain tamer.)

and the biggest rear sprocket my racing triple can handle. I don't care that the chain will be
hanging really low because it has to be long enough for large-large safety, although it would be
nice to add a tensioner somehow.

Did Mr vecchio say Campy 10 spd can handle 32 teeth? can campy racing triple also?

thx

Are you sure your crankset can handle a 20T granny? (Or is that what a "mountain tamer" does?
Haven't heard of it.)

And don't discount the drunkenness -- you never know when you'll decide to go on a winery tour. :)

Joe

"remove the polite word to reply" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> just kidding about the drunkenness.But I want to be able to go 4 mph but pedal 90 rpm when I'm
> say, doing the Stelvio again and am nearly delirious from altitude sickness.
>
> So I want a 20-36-46 ( ' going to use a mountain tamer.)
>
> and the biggest rear sprocket my racing triple can handle. I don't care that the chain will be
> hanging really low because it has to be long enough for large-large safety, although it would be
> nice to add a tensioner somehow.
>
> Did Mr vecchio say Campy 10 spd can handle 32 teeth? can campy racing triple also?

You ask if Campagnolo's new 92mm rear derailleurs can shift a 32? Yes. You ask if Campagnolo Triples
exist? Yes. Please see: http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfromthepast/SGSANTAN.JPG

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 02:09:24 +0000, remove the polite word to reply wrote:

> just kidding about the drunkenness.But I want to be able to go 4 mph but pedal 90 rpm when I'm
> say, doing the Stelvio again and am nearly delirious from altitude sickness.
>
> So I want a 20-36-46 ( ' going to use a mountain tamer.)
>
> and the biggest rear sprocket my racing triple can handle. I don't care that the chain will be
> hanging really low because it has to be long enough for large-large safety, although it would be
> nice to add a tensioner somehow.
>
> Did Mr vecchio say Campy 10 spd can handle 32 teeth? can campy racing triple also?

You want a 20/32? Woah. You could make extra money during your tour pulling stumps.

--

David L. Johnson

__o | The lottery is a tax on those who fail to understand _`\(,_ | mathematics. (_)/ (_) |

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 16:22:00 +0000, Joseph Kubera wrote:

> Are you sure your crankset can handle a 20T granny? (Or is that what a "mountain tamer" does?
> Haven't heard of it.)

There is no problem with that, if, as I suspect, he has a 94/58 mountain bike crankset. I use that,
with a Campy road derailleur, and it works fine. You may want a chain watcher, but other than that
it is no problem.

--

David L. Johnson

__o | A mathematician is a machine for turning coffee into theorems. _`\(,_ | -- Paul Erdos