I’m Osama Bin Laden and I Approved This Message

szbert

Oct 12, 2004
Well, someone watched Fahrenheit 9/11. The most astounding thing about Osama Bin Laden’s latest tape is that it doesn’t come with the standard notice mandated by the McCain-Feingold campaign finance reform law. If you do away with the strange syntax (partially caused by translation and partially caused by idiosyncrasies of Osama Bin Laden’s patterns of speech) most of what the terror master’s latest tape says could easily have been lifted from any of the hundreds of soon-to-be-remaindered books with an unflattering picture of George W. Bush on the cover.

In the portions of the transcripts released so far Bin Laden manages to touch upon:

-The “Bush lied” or “Bush misleads” theme (“Bush is still practicing distortion and misleading on you”).

-The links between the Bush family and various Arab nations (“Both parties are arrogant and stubborn and the greediness and taking money without right and that similarity appeared during the visits of Bush to the region while people from our side were impressed by the US and hoped that these visits would influence our countries. Here he is being influenced by these regimes, Royal and military.”).

-The USA PATRIOT Act (“So he transferred the oppression of freedom and tyranny to his son and they call it the Patriot Law to fight terrorism.”).

-The 2000 Florida Recount (“He didn't forget to transfer his experience from the rulers of our region to Florida to falsify elections to benefit from it in critical times.”).

-“My Pet Goat” (“the girl telling him about her goat butting was more important than paying attention to airplanes butting the towers.”).

Seriously, this guy could be cutting thirty second spots for MoveOn.org. Before I move on, I’ll note one other thing: there’s not one bit of rhetoric in there that you couldn’t have absorbed from a viewing of Fahrenheit 9/11. To the best of my recollection, everything in there from the Bush-Saudi links to the “My Pet Goat” bit was in that movie. We’ll be coming back to this.

The Democrats have now been reduced this arguing that this is a reverse-psychological trick: that he’s trying to make it sound like he wants people to vote for Kerry so that they’ll vote for Bush. Of course, these arguments soon drift off into never-never land: for example, I’d argue that it’s more likely to be a reverse-reverse psychological trick, designed to make you think that he wants Bush (by pretending to argue in favor of Kerry) so that people will support Kerry. To this, I’m sure, some Democrat will respond by arguing that it might be a reverse-reverse-reverse psychological trick, designed to make you think that he wants Kerry when he really wants Bush when he really wants you to see through his trick and think he wants Kerry when he really… And, by that point, the average voter has fallen into a coma.

I’m a big believer in Ockham’s razor. What makes more sense: that Osama Bin Laden decided to play a complex and difficult-to-assess psychological trick upon the American people or that he, a man who belongs to a group who has demonstrably failed to understand the minds of the American people in the past, decided that their words might frighten enough people to put their candidate over the edge? I know which theory I’d bet my money on.

In fact, the very words of the speech offer up some potential insight into the logic behind it. Bin Laden (or his speechwriters) are obviously consuming political “intelligence” (if that’s the right word) from the United States. We know that Fahrenheit 9/11 has been exceedingly popular overseas. We also know that its popularity in the United States is well-known there as well. It is at all implausible that someone with a DVD copy of the film showed it to Osama? I don’t think it is.

The really concerning thing is just how this demonstrates how sick the American political scene has become. A man whose words are cheerfully lifted and easily used in enemy propaganda is given awards and allowed to sit alongside a former President of the United States at the convention of one of our nation’s great political parties.

This should sink John Kerry. Though I’m not sure if it will. There’s already been so much which should have sunk him and hasn’t. He’s going to lose: but not by more than a few million votes. That, in and of itself, is enough to scare me. A man with John Kerry’s “record” should be, at best, in jail and certainly not a serious candidate for the office of President of the United States.

When the British captured Lord Haw-Haw they hanged him. We’ll probably give Michael Moore another Academy Award come the spring.

The moral relativism of the left has now assumed all-encompassing proportions. The situation is not good. The left is now working, quite literally, hand-in-hand with the enemies of our Republic to take down this President.

If the enemies of the United States can be conscripted into an election campaign, they’ll do it.

If they can write material which can be gleefully consumed and used by our enemies: they’ll do it.

This is probably the second most important election in the history of the United States (the only election of comparable importance I can think of is that of 1864). The choice now is narrowed down to one between victory and surrender, honor and dishonor. The Americans of 1864 were offered, as we are now, a choice between the promise of an easy peace and a hard but just war. They made the right decision. We owe it to ten generations who fought, sacrificed, and died for their country to make the same.

The candidate of Osama Bin Laden cannot be elected President. We cannot fail. Were we to ever do so the Earth would shudder with the screams and howls of a million American boys who fell in battle crying out in mourning, from beneath their white stars and crosses, for the fate of the country for which they gave so much and of which they asked so little.

--

szbert said:
Well, someone watched Fahrenheit 9/11. The most astounding thing about Osama Bin Laden’s latest tape is that it doesn’t come with the standard notice mandated by the McCain-Feingold campaign finance reform law. If you do away with the strange syntax (partially caused by translation and partially caused by idiosyncrasies of Osama Bin Laden’s patterns of speech) most of what the terror master’s latest tape says could easily have been lifted from any of the hundreds of soon-to-be-remaindered books with an unflattering picture of George W. Bush on the cover.

In the portions of the transcripts released so far Bin Laden manages to touch upon:

-The “Bush lied” or “Bush misleads” theme (“Bush is still practicing distortion and misleading on you”).

-The links between the Bush family and various Arab nations (“Both parties are arrogant and stubborn and the greediness and taking money without right and that similarity appeared during the visits of Bush to the region while people from our side were impressed by the US and hoped that these visits would influence our countries. Here he is being influenced by these regimes, Royal and military.”).

-The USA PATRIOT Act (“So he transferred the oppression of freedom and tyranny to his son and they call it the Patriot Law to fight terrorism.”).

-The 2000 Florida Recount (“He didn't forget to transfer his experience from the rulers of our region to Florida to falsify elections to benefit from it in critical times.”).

-“My Pet Goat” (“the girl telling him about her goat butting was more important than paying attention to airplanes butting the towers.”).

Seriously, this guy could be cutting thirty second spots for MoveOn.org. Before I move on, I’ll note one other thing: there’s not one bit of rhetoric in there that you couldn’t have absorbed from a viewing of Fahrenheit 9/11. To the best of my recollection, everything in there from the Bush-Saudi links to the “My Pet Goat” bit was in that movie. We’ll be coming back to this.

The Democrats have now been reduced this arguing that this is a reverse-psychological trick: that he’s trying to make it sound like he wants people to vote for Kerry so that they’ll vote for Bush. Of course, these arguments soon drift off into never-never land: for example, I’d argue that it’s more likely to be a reverse-reverse psychological trick, designed to make you think that he wants Bush (by pretending to argue in favor of Kerry) so that people will support Kerry. To this, I’m sure, some Democrat will respond by arguing that it might be a reverse-reverse-reverse psychological trick, designed to make you think that he wants Kerry when he really wants Bush when he really wants you to see through his trick and think he wants Kerry when he really… And, by that point, the average voter has fallen into a coma.

I’m a big believer in Ockham’s razor. What makes more sense: that Osama Bin Laden decided to play a complex and difficult-to-assess psychological trick upon the American people or that he, a man who belongs to a group who has demonstrably failed to understand the minds of the American people in the past, decided that their words might frighten enough people to put their candidate over the edge? I know which theory I’d bet my money on.

In fact, the very words of the speech offer up some potential insight into the logic behind it. Bin Laden (or his speechwriters) are obviously consuming political “intelligence” (if that’s the right word) from the United States. We know that Fahrenheit 9/11 has been exceedingly popular overseas. We also know that its popularity in the United States is well-known there as well. It is at all implausible that someone with a DVD copy of the film showed it to Osama? I don’t think it is.

The really concerning thing is just how this demonstrates how sick the American political scene has become. A man whose words are cheerfully lifted and easily used in enemy propaganda is given awards and allowed to sit alongside a former President of the United States at the convention of one of our nation’s great political parties.

This should sink John Kerry. Though I’m not sure if it will. There’s already been so much which should have sunk him and hasn’t. He’s going to lose: but not by more than a few million votes. That, in and of itself, is enough to scare me. A man with John Kerry’s “record” should be, at best, in jail and certainly not a serious candidate for the office of President of the United States.

When the British captured Lord Haw-Haw they hanged him. We’ll probably give Michael Moore another Academy Award come the spring.

The moral relativism of the left has now assumed all-encompassing proportions. The situation is not good. The left is now working, quite literally, hand-in-hand with the enemies of our Republic to take down this President.

If the enemies of the United States can be conscripted into an election campaign, they’ll do it.

If they can write material which can be gleefully consumed and used by our enemies: they’ll do it.

This is probably the second most important election in the history of the United States (the only election of comparable importance I can think of is that of 1864). The choice now is narrowed down to one between victory and surrender, honor and dishonor. The Americans of 1864 were offered, as we are now, a choice between the promise of an easy peace and a hard but just war. They made the right decision. We owe it to ten generations who fought, sacrificed, and died for their country to make the same.

The candidate of Osama Bin Laden cannot be elected President. We cannot fail. Were we to ever do so the Earth would shudder with the screams and howls of a million American boys who fell in battle crying out in mourning, from beneath their white stars and crosses, for the fate of the country for which they gave so much and of which they asked so little.

--
Hey listen grass cutter, nobody believes that you could have stuck all those words together. Just keep to the court order and mow the old folks lawns

FredC said:
Hey listen grass cutter, nobody believes that you could have stuck all those words together. Just keep to the court order and mow the old folks lawns

If you had two brain cells, you might be able to tell this was originally penned by Adam Yoshida on his blog. Note, blogs are still questionable as far as proper source listing if one decides to quote. Since blogs are for the most part, non-profit entities, free use in a non-commercial manner such as this forum is perfectly acceptable. But recognition should be given because not everyone is at the top 1% in research prowess.

But you know Szbert may just be Adam Yoshida. in this case, no harm, no foul. I won't ever know nor would I ever tell.

Weisse Luft said:
If you had two brain cells, you might be able to tell this was originally penned by Adam Yoshida on his blog. Note, blogs are still questionable as far as proper source listing if one decides to quote. Since blogs are for the most part, non-profit entities, free use in a non-commercial manner such as this forum is perfectly acceptable. But recognition should be given because not everyone is at the top 1% in research prowess.

But you know Szbert may just be Adam Yoshida. in this case, no harm, no foul. I won't ever know nor would I ever tell.

John Kerry - Your Opinion : Message 114
szbert said:
][/i] (believe - remember the rule, i after e except after c. .

Weisse Luft said:

Adam Teiichi Yoshida is a brilliant man. I owe much to him.

So maybe a Yoshida/Coulter ticket in 2008?

No, this is better - Yoshida & Concy Rice, and name Ben Shapiro as the White House Chief of Staff & JC Watts as SecDef.
That should really ******** the two JEW HATERs/Black Haters from Ireland, and the rest of the JEW HATING/Black Hating libs.

Bigotry must be a recreational sport for those clowns.

Weisse Luft said:

Perhaps that is the case. I don't write scripts with ulterior adulterations in mind. They are for instant delivery on the TV or Radio, and whatever happens afterwards is of no consequence. They are either accepted or laid on file for future consideration in another format, perhaps hopefully to expand a subject that is socially acceptable to elongate and make characters out of the characters. I find these boards stifling in constitution of language, and will be leaving shortly. The only bit of of fun I can find is John Wayneker, but he does not relate to the present younger people. I'm still working on it Bush?Wayneker. Must be a link. Anyway thanks for pointing out a few things. Much appreciated. Do tell me why do think John Wayneker is trying to change his format? Keep in touch.